3) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082213575

4) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3530353936

5) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015164129

6) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254456843

7) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4887629101

8) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5870797185

9) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6202181753

10) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794982481

It seems that with the newer MOP dungeons being easier than the ones in early Cata, there have been fewer pugs that end up wiping and unable to finish a dungeon.

But that being said, there have been some pretty unpleasant runs, and also in LFR. To be honest, I wish that there was a rule that said tanks cannot queue for LFR unless they pass the character audit. That way, they would at least have to take the time to research and understand what gear, stats (because they would have to purchase gems), enchants, and reforges are proper for their class.

It would lead to a bit less pain in LFR and perhaps would waive the need for things like a 5% buff (which at time of this writing, Blizzard will be implementing with the next patch).
Edited by Attackknight on 2/3/2013 5:10 AM PST
First to report in? Awww yeah. Cookies for everyone!

Spending some time with my baby druid to give resto another go, I do a few LFD (Deadmines and RF) runs with a monk tank and his warrior guildie. After its clear all I really need to do is throw out Rejuv every now and then, I start going kitty to keep myself awake.

In the last two I beat the rogue and mage we had picked up in damage. By a lot. I'm not even in full looms.

:(
100 Worgen Druid
02/03/2013 05:06 AMPosted by Attackknight
It seems that with the newer MOP dungeons being easier than the ones in early Cata, there have been fewer pugs that end up wiping and unable to finish a dungeon.

For some reason the panda dungeons seem a lot less interesting as well.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ok, here's one in Heroic Scarlet Monastery....

Zone in with myself healing holy, a shadowpriest, a mage, an unholy DK and a warrior tank. The Dk says he is a fresh 90, ok cool. No biggie. Then the first pull happens...

Aggro EVERYWHERE, Scarlet flamethrower EVERYWHERE, I drop to 50% mana just on the first trash everyone is getting beat so hard. After the dust settles, the warrior apologizes and asks us to wait. I didn't have time to check but I am betting he was in the wrong spec or something. Rest of trash to first boss goes ok, as does the first boss.

The first trash pack in the little hallway though, the tank is taking quite a bit more damage. I am not too familiar with warriors so I just assume warriors maybe get beat harder by magic or something. Then the courtyard, tank takes a sharp right and follows the walkway. Aggro flies all over again, and at least one spellcaster was smiting me the whole time. The Spriest and mage were quite awesome at wiping up whatever was hitting me though, so I heal my little elf butt of and everything is ok.

Get up the stairs and DK facepulls some trash before the boss. After that's all done tank asks if I need mana (was at 50% again), mage pops up a table, life is good. Pull firey-monk-guy and dps stand in firey circles of doom. And I have never seen him take so long to die, but we did it. Yay Mindbender!

I anticipated bad in the cathedral room itself, always is, so I plopped down a lightspring before he even pulled, and a good thing I did too because it saw some use and then some. Flamestrikes all over the place, at LEAST one if not two casters in my face the whole time. Popping mana cds, healy cds, everything and no deaths *yay* and at like 22% mana. The Spriest points out it was the Dk's pet that went nuts and pulled things while the tank is lamenting caster pulls sucking. Drink up and then tank pulls the boss.

Now while most people think for some reason you don't have to clear the trash on the left is beyond me. that stupid scarlet Zealot rezzes a Judicator that pats into the fight the whole time. Stunning mob on a boss that casts a sleep halfway through and MUST be interrupted?! Not good. Mage sheeps first one but the tank kills it anyways before Durand is dead. Whitemane comes out, second Judicator pats in, gets sheeped again. Things are going ok, and then I bet you can guess what happens next....

I see a wall of scarlet crusaders running at me because SHE GOT A MASS REZ OFF.

Even though I knew it was futile, I popped every cd I had, hymn, cascade, spirit on tank, bombing flash heals, everything, but to no avail. We lived longer than I expected though. As we run back in of course the blame game starts getting played. The mage points out between a warrior and Dk there shouldn't have been an issue, so I point out that in our group comp I was the ONLY one without an interrupt.

We run back in, eat up, buff, and the tank feels the need to pull the trash on the right....even though we all pointed out it was the trash on the left that was the issue. Then tanks on the side of a pillar to try and avoid the Judicator pat. Got boss down, and I leave with my VP before the stupid contaminates me.
90 Orc Warrior
02/03/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Druimeister

For some reason the panda dungeons seem a lot less interesting as well.

If a dungeon run takes longer than 12 minutes, I'm shocked. I've cleared some in as few as 7. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, on topic!

"brb" - After every... single.... pull...

"I'm kind of drunk right now" - Proceeds to stand still half the time, or auto run into the next trash pack and die instantly, then complain about lack of heals.

"We're going to skip as much trash as possible" - Someone always ends up pulling said trash. Always.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Got on my baby monk and wanted to use my offspec-heals- as opposed to mainspec-tank- for a while. I only have about half healing gear, half tank gear but I figure we will be ok. Got Dire maul-Warpwood Quarter with a feral druid, hunter, lock, and pally tank.

Grab quests, pull, fight, everything is pretty normal. When we get upstairs to the other ghost with a quest, tank says"brb" and drops group. Get a monk tank. The more we fight with him the more I notice he isn't using blackout kick/not gaining shuffle. As I am noticing this during a low damage point where I was eminencing, the huntress ghost with the bear gets buttpulled while we are on other trash.

I switch gears to casted healing, tank dies. Druid goes bearform and tanks the boss while hunter pet growls and tanks the bear pet. I love these guys. Monk tank asks for a res after the pull, then asks again WHILE I am casting the res on him. Its a ten second cast dude! Chill.

Go to fight Tendris....and all the ancients the first tank skipped come up our rear. Fun. So many surging/enveloping combos! No one dies and I am wishing I had mana tea already. As we go into the next room, the big circular one with boss int he middle and start circling around for the crystals. After the first one is down tank rolls of towards the next as the patrolling elemental comes up our rear. More bear tanking. At the last crystal he leaves two of the elementals unpulled and starts running off toward the final boss.

We call him back, bear tanks the elementals while slow tank is catching up, then midboss. Again he goes to run to the last boss, again a patrol catches myself and the hunter. Yay pet tanking. I am just barely out of range as the tank pulls the prince. He starts eating huge damage, as that boss does, and getting ping ponged around because he didn't put his back to a wall.

Then I get nature locked for fifteen seconds. Tank bites it, druid goes bear again, and he bites it before I can get into eminence range, not that I think it would have been able to save them. Again the tank asks for a res before the boss is even dead. Ugh. At least I got a staff.

Part of me wanted to give the tank pointers-in other words BK MOAR- but I think the fact that he died twice and I was only in half healing gear, and didn't have renewing mist on my bars till halfway through the dungeon because I forgot I leveled while tanking, means he would have likely argued about it since I was looking kind of like a baddie myself that time. Blech.

Sad though that the feral bear and hunter owl did a better job tanking than him. I have to hand it to those two. They always went back to pure dps after the tank was up again too, I guess to avoid being insulting. Good dps are real godsends sometimes.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

The first trash pack in the little hallway though, the tank is taking quite a bit more damage. I am not too familiar with warriors so I just assume warriors maybe get beat harder by magic or something.

No they do not.

Or more accurately they should not if the warrior is playing properly (shield barrier in this case). In fact, warriors have the strongest physical mitigation and should take the least amount of damage of all of the tanking classes (assuming similar gear level).

On an unrelated note, monk tanks do seem to have some issues with magic damage (at best they can use guard and spec into diffuse magic - long cd), but warriors right now are in a pretty good spot.

Edit: Druids have the strongest passive magic mitigation of the tanks too, although again, somewhat unrelated.
Edited by Attackknight on 2/3/2013 9:06 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks again Attackknight! Answerer of all my tank questions.
What's bugging me lately? Tanks with the addon that tells me when they use Shield Block.

It tells me about every freaking skill they use. I don't even know what Last Stand does, but I know this level 60 dude felt the need to use it every minute or so. I knew every time he taunted something or interrupted something.

I'm like .... I can tell when you taunt something, because my threat plates change. I can hear when you use Shield Block, it's got a very distinct sound. Not only that, you just tanked a bunch of casters using Shield Block, so I also know you're stupid and don't know how blocking works.

Please just turn the addon off.
90 Draenei Priest
People in scenarios that say they don't know what to do. I understand being new, but having done them all, not once did I have to say "what do I do here". Scenarios totally walk you through what to do if you know how to read.

Had one with a friend and a pug DK today. Had to be told what to do for every little thing, pretty sure he was just running around doing nothing. Then at the last boss, who we also had to say where it was even though it's ON THE MAP, pulled 13k.
100 Pandaren Monk
Oh my, I had a hellfire ramparts earlier today. An unholk DK queued up as tank, there was a fury warrior, a bm hunter and a ret pally. The ret pally asks us not to kick the hunter since it was him dualboxing.

Halfway through the fight the warrior asks for recount and then proclaims it should be reset since he wasn't trying. (The dual boxed mostly auto shotting hunter had beat him out on damage done) Lastly the tank went afk before the 2nd boss and I had enough, it was either pulling out my hair or dropping. Thankfully I ended up doing the latter.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Not only that, you just tanked a bunch of casters using Shield Block, so I also know you're stupid and don't know how blocking works.

No SBarrier until 81, so it's the only defensive rage sink.
98 Troll Shaman
From the previous thread:
02/02/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Menchi
Can't wait until I'm a troll. : /

HORDE WINS AGAIN! WOOOOT! Welcome ta da masta race, mon. (Though, sorry for all the kids you have been getting to drive you to do dis.)

On my Monk coming up, I have the BoA sets for Agility Leather, and Cloth used for healing, so when I queue (he is level 61 currently), I blanket check all 4 boxes. Even if I get called to DPS by some strange occurrence, I can do enough DPS as Brewmaster with full BoAs to be okay. I have been beaten on the meter by actual DPS this way, but I still do good enough for this level. Yes, I do go Tiger stance, not going to fight the tank for aggro.

For a while there though I was tired of tanking, so I unchecked the Tank/DPS box, put on my cloth set and healed a few. And learned how epic Eminence is at low levels, when I top the meter with it. Got me thinking, if I get put as DPS, I should just do this! Heh heh...

Getting used to how Monk healing works took a little thought and re-mapping keys, and healing multiple targets can get hairy. But good lord the power Monks have at single-target healing is absurd at these levels! Stacking up the channel mist, the instant mist, and the Chi cost mist, I can heal for a tank's full health every couple seconds with HoTs. There is absolutely no way they can die. Even the other Monks who forget to use their mitigations, they ping-pong their health bar but damn they cannot drop.

That is, until the dragon rider boss in Hellfire Ramparts. Single healing I get but having to swap targets a lot is very draining, and with 2-3 people standing in the dragon's fire sometimes they just have to die for the good of the group. .. But I still hate letting it happen. :(

02/03/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Aestyr
Yay Mindbender!

Yay Zoidberg! Only thing keeping me healing on my priest some days, getting to play with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le6Rvy5Ccb0
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
What's bugging me lately? Tanks with the addon that tells me when they use Shield Block.

It tells me about every freaking skill they use. I don't even know what Last Stand does, but I know this level 60 dude felt the need to use it every minute or so. I knew every time he taunted something or interrupted something.

Please just turn the addon off.

It's RSA. I use it as well. It's very useful for raiding, especially because things don't have to be called out as much in Vent.

For healers, it can be useful because when the tank is using certain cooldowns. When such cooldowns fade, it means that more potent heals may be needed.

Oh and last stand:
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12975/last-stand
90 Blood Elf Priest
Scarlet Cathedral. Mage that liked to park in flame circles.

Addon screaming that he'd used cauterize and heal him.

(I'll note here I despise dps addons that scream for heals. I can see your health bars. I'm probably casting group heals as it is. If you're taking significantly more damage than that's healing when everyone else is ok... look underfoot, or maybe notice that, oh, that mob has spell reflect up and you're committing suicide by arcane blast?)

Sure. I'll spam heal you after the tank is safe, since you decided backing into a second/third group would make my life perfect.

Helpful hint? Might want to STOP taking a siesta in the fire? I mean... he just stood in stuff the whole run pewpewing.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All I can say is I had a tank trash talking our entire group. I don't even remember about what, but needless to say he died. I had to tank and heal at the same time and we survived. I believe he left after that
90 Worgen Druid
02/03/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Zakalakadaka
HORDE WINS AGAIN! WOOOOT! Welcome ta da masta race, mon. (Though, sorry for all the kids you have been getting to drive you to do dis.)

This is my only Alliance toon period. I made her back in Cataclysm because I wanted to try out the Worgen starting zone and because I didn't have a Druid (wanted to try them out too).

The guild I'm in here was level 11 when I joined them. I had actually leveled to 85 mostly by myself, jumping from guild to guild for the bonuses. I never raided with them in Cata, and I've only done a couple with them in this expansion, and that was only because they didn't have anyone else and trade chat wasn't responding. So no regrets of leaving them.

Scarlet Cathedral. Mage that liked to park in flame circles.

Addon screaming that he'd used cauterize and heal him.

(I'll note here I despise dps addons that scream for heals. I can see your health bars. I'm probably casting group heals as it is. If you're taking significantly more damage than that's healing when everyone else is ok... look underfoot, or maybe notice that, oh, that mob has spell reflect up and you're committing suicide by arcane blast?)

Cauterize makes the next killing blow instead put them at 50% health and cause 40% of that to burn off over the next 6 seconds. I guess if there's a lot of damage going out, they might be concerned, lol.
90 Draenei Priest
A couple weeks ago on my Paladin healing LFR MV, on Will of the Emperor the trash really wasn't being handled all that well. Now that's nothing new really in LFR; you deal with it and move on. But this Monk tanking one of the bosses decided it was the greatest idea in the world to start taunting all of the Strength of the Emperor trash. Yeah... the giant guys with the giant hammers that do the giant stuns.
I ended up getting into a taunt war with him. I won that war, unfortunately I won no loot. :(
-----
And last night leveling up my Orc Warrior, I get a ZF group. I was DPSing, along with another warrior as tank, Druid heals, Druid DPS (boomy), and I think a Warlock as the last DPS. After the first trash pack the boomy goes afk without a word, but no one says anything and we keep going. The tank is clearing virtually everything, which is nice for all the exp, doing really well hold aggro and the healer is having no trouble keeping us alive.
Just before the gauntlet event (free the prisoners, kill all the trolls, kill the prisoners) the boomy decides to show up again and we make our way to the top and free the prisoners.

The tank apparently takes a moment to afk but doesn't tell us. But that's fine really. The adds come up so slowly, I can tank them even without throwing on my shield or going into Defensive Stance. The boomy however, suddenly decides we're moving too slowly for his tastes...

Boomy: pull them all!
/boomy runs to the bottom and aggros everything
Resto Druid: No, how about I let you die instead.

The boomy makes it almost to the top of the pyramid again before dying and puts us all in aggro range. I switch to tank sword/shield and Def Stance and the tank is back by now too. But it was too much for us and we wipe.

Boomy: Well it's good to know you're a fail tank
Tank: Sorry, I wasn't paying attention for a second.

The boomy apparently finally catches up on chat log.

Booomy: oh, it was the fail heals
Resto Druid: Yep. I intentionally let you die because you did something really stupid without waiting on the group.
Boomy: No, you're just a fail heals. I could outheal you in my sleep. You're so bad you don't even know how bad you are.... (on and on and on and on and on)
Me: Dude. You were afk for pretty much all of the dungeon that we cleared. You really don't have room to be calling anyone else bad.
Tank: LMAO!

The votekick pops up and is accepted so fast I didn't even get a chance to read the reason or hit accept.
Boomy has left the group.
100 Tauren Shaman
This is more of a "things you don't want to *see*healing Pugs", but what the hell.

I healed the *worst* group I have ever seen a couple of nights ago. I mean that: the worst group, ever, ever, ever. The dps was so low, it made no sense. None of the people were from the same guild or realm, otherwise I would have suspected they were trolling me.

We were in Shadow Pan monastery, and for several of the bosses, my dps as a resto shaman was higher than the other dps. I was pulling like 11K (mostly from my elemental) and there were dps *lower* than that. I don't even know how it is possible. One was a hunter, I forget the other, and there was a DK that was above me.

It was pure torture. On the last boss, I don't even know if we killed any of those gripping orbs. I was sweatier than the first few times I healed heroic spine.
100 Human Paladin
It's RSA. I use it as well. It's very useful for raiding, especially because things don't have to be called out as much in Vent.

For healers, it can be useful because when the tank is using certain cooldowns. When such cooldowns fade, it means that more potent heals may be needed.

I use it as well but I configure it pretty heavily so it doesn't spam the group with useless crap. Basically on this pally it whispers people who I BoP or Salv or Sacrifice and it tells the group who I've Repentanced and if Repentance has broken. I think it's useful, but only when heavily modified.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]