Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

90 Pandaren Priest
They pulled both sets of mobs at the same time inside the first boss room, didn't they? Hierlooms or not, those guys hit hard and stun too. Many Spongebob Sadpants tanks get destroyed doing that. And blame the heals afterwards, just like your guy.

Your probably right. He rushed into the room so I didn't see what all he grabbed, and it was all over crazy after, but there were a lot of mobs.
90 Pandaren Monk
Hm. Maybe it was just the one LFR I ran, but this new wing of ToT seems like it seperates the bads from the raiders. 3 wipes because of zerging Tortos, 3 wipes on Meg, one of which half the DPS were confused when one of the heads disappeared, and one wipe on Ji-Kun to not moving out of the green before I finally said "screw this". This is with explanations on ALL fights.
Edited by Fistlobster on 3/21/2013 8:22 AM PDT
100 Goblin Priest
I ran the new LFR on Mazzy this week. People decide they wanna pull ALL THE BATS - you know, those ones that do the silence every few seconds? That take forever to die if your group has questionable DPS? Yep; wiped on pre-boss bats.

It does amuse me when people die to the 'snail boss' though - I love those guys.

Wiped a ton on Ji-Kun cause the healer we assigned to jump didn't wanna jump. I dealt with it next time and we got it - it was messy, but we got it (also, feathers are FUN :D)

Queued with a friend who'd recently got his hunter to 90. We got SM Armory - group with a pally tank, myself, my hunter friend, another hunter, and a monk. The other hunter was a 'pull for the tank' type of person cause OMGOMG THEY NEEDED JP. There's a chance I might have let them die; I wasn't in the mood to deal with DPS who think they can tank. Mentioned that they might get heals if they let the tank do his job. This doesn't stop them, obviously.

We get to the Armsmaster, and the tank decides he doesn't have time for that. My friend needs gear, and the hunts/monk need the points, so we hang out back by the boss while the tank runs ahead through the other trash. He eventually gets bored and leaves. While we're waiting for another tank, the monk and hunts have gone off by themselves to 2man trash, and we pick up another Pally. His gear isn't amazing, but he actually does crazy things like 'say hi in chat' and he uses CDs as needed, so I liked him. We wiped once cause apparently he forgot what Blades of Light was (I 'priest tanked' him and his adds for longer than I thought I could, but the monk/hunts weren't even in the room at this point, and the boss was still half alive, so we died.) Monk/hunts mentioned they'd cleared the trash to the next boss like they wanted us to thank 'em.

Queued with him again after poking the last guy, and we get Temple of the Jade Serpent. First thing he says is 'oh no'; I ask what's up, and he apparently doesn't like this place. I say it'll go easily enough if people stay out of stuff, and we move out. Water guy, strife, and peril are the usual. 3 people die on the third boss cause they were camping in green pretties (though I already know that one death was just my friend trolling me :P ) Make a quick mention that 'fire isn't always fire colored' and we down the rest without issue.
90 Draenei Priest
PVP related again. I don't want to hear griping why a base was taken or a flag was dropped from some noodle head across the map. I feel compelled to explain it.

DK: LAWL why weren't you on the cap spot pally?

Me: Because he was still trying to run there and got beat to death by 8 horde.

Warlock: OMG so bad why did I die???

Me: Well I was on your tail but you ignored the fact that 3 horde were on MY tail and they took their time smashing my face before they moved on to you, since you moved into the next room without looking back.

Sigh.
90 Pandaren Priest
"I saw you had threat, but I figured you could handle it." -- Warrior Tank.

Healing threat, no less.
90 Draenei Priest
On my druid who just hit 87, in StormStout. At the last boss both the rogue and DK keep standing in stuff, but at one point the DK drops so fast I can't save him. I wait a bit and then brez him and comment

Me: don't stand in stuff

DK: Not my fault, these things bloat me and throw me their sh*t everywhere

Me: Well I can't out heal that damage so figure something out

DK: Ouch that was harsh

It was? Ok then

Me: Well its your death not mine. I only have one brez

(and limited mana for healing avoidable stuff)

DK: Which I thank you, but ouch.

I didn't even think I was that mean.
90 Draenei Priest
(On my druid, 87) Shado Pan, phase in after the second boss. Paladin is marked afk as I get in and remains so through several minutes of trash. Initiate vote kick, takes ages to pass. Immediately the DK tank goes afk to the point the hunter starts pulling. Then he says "sorry about that" and leaves. Boxer, or friend who knows, annoying.

Mogu'shan Palace, last boss drops a spirit neck. There's a mage in the group and my stomach sinks soon as I don't win it in 10 seconds or so. We're still standing around. 2 people leave.

"Mage, that neck has spirit, which is totally useless to you"

Still the roll is pending.

"That is a healer neck, you know that right?"

Mage: (links some other green in a language I can't read) Yeah but it's better than this, so good luck.

I initiate vote kick of "ninja". It passes, mage leaves, I win the neck. Lucky for me the DK tank was sympathetic to my spirit gear needs.

Then another Mogu'shan. Tank says he's pulling to the back hall. Boss is spinning like a top, we get in the hall because he initially he has the boss facing towards where he spawned. He spins him back in time for the slam we can only avoid by squishing to the corner. Boss skills are spraying everywhere, I end up dying after a tranq along with the DK, and fortunately the spriest, who I symbiosis'd , did another tranq and the remaining 3 kill the boss.

"What on earth was all that tank?" I asked

"heh" he says. ugh.
100 Night Elf Druid
I hate it when the group splits apart. Making me walk back and forth is not cool. Besides, we have a Tank for a reason *rolls eyes* just don't like it when the group splits.
90 Pandaren Shaman
"I saw you had threat, but I figured you could handle it." -- Warrior Tank.

Healing threat, no less.

If someone said that I would stop healing him and say "I saw you were taking damage, but I figured you could handle it"
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is more of a pet peeve, but...mass res.

LFD, LFR, whichever, it drives me insane. I've had people in LFD cast mass res on one dead person, and in LFR cast it on one or two dead people (usually right before/as I'm casting my own revive).

I really don't see the point in slapping them with that debuff, when they could just as easily be brought back up via healer res.

I just see it all the time, and it drives me absolutely batty.

Then again, I guess it's better than the groups who don't care when people are dead/low on health and mana and just go initiate the next pack of mobs. That's all my LFRs have been tonight. I hate the "GOGOGO" mentality.

I was in the first part of HoF earlier, zoned in to Garalon. We were still down two healers when I got in, and they were clearing trash in Garalon's area. Okay, finish clearing it, someone says to get back.

Of course, we engage him right then. Two of the four healers were locked out. That ended well.

::EDIT:: Also, I am tired of whatever error causes my clicking on someone to target someone else entirely. Depending strictly on my AOE heals kind of sucks sometimes!
Edited by Rivaeon on 3/24/2013 11:55 PM PDT
90 Tauren Druid
I remember one from back in Wrath when I healed on my shammy.

First boss in heroic Old Kingdom, Elder Nadox - he's the guy who goes immune and summons a guardian you have to kill to bring his shield down. He also continually summons little spider adds, so during the fight I stacked on top of the warrior tank so he could grab them easier.

After the boss went down nice and smooth, suddenly one or two of the dps RIP into me for standing by the tank during the fight. By the amount of butthurt they were spewing out you'd have thought we'd wiped. And note that this guy does NOT have a cleave or frontal cone, so it really doesn't matter where you stand. I tell them why I stood there, they try to say that warrior tanks don't have aoe. Warriors were crappy aoe tanks back then but they did have thunderclap and cleave, which I pointed out. We argued more and eventually they got off my back about it but I still think they thought I was in the wrong for some reason.

To this day I still stick near tanks on add fights so they can pick them up easier - I love it when healers do this while I'm bear-ing instead of making me chase them down. Haven't gotten any more crap for it since that one run. They were continually rude throughout the entire dungeon, insulting me and acting like I'd killed their own grandmother every time somebody died. I was really stressed out and upset by the end of it.
Edited by Xiggy on 3/25/2013 12:28 AM PDT
90 Human Priest
March has been a terrible month for me and I had to take a few weeks off.

So first night back I spend a couple of hours getting my Shammy close to 87. It's gone really fast for her and when I healed 5 mans it went really well. Even SPM was a breeze.

Switch to Priest. Satchel is up. Damn tempting mistress that it is I click the button and end up in Siege of whatever it is. I hate that place like the plague.

Tank is new but decent and no real issues there outside of me remembering my key binding and how I set up VuhDo so I don't confuse things with the Shammy.

Third boss. I ask if everyone knows what to do with the bombs. Everyone answers yes. No one throws bombs. We wipe with everything eating my face.

Second time around I grab a bomb and start tossing. I would have tossed more but had to heal. Came in second in DPS at 74k. The DPS DK who followed my example came in at 101k. Everyone else, 20k...

*hits head on keyboard*
90 Night Elf Priest
On a MSV pug, at the end:

"Nae, you're just not even healing him, all you do is put bubbles up, that's why the tank is dropping"

Hmm, no, it's because this DK has only heroic gear on, and much of it is PvP and when the emperor used his cleave, the tnak just stood in it. Both me and the hpally are busting out mad heals, silly raid leader.

"you can't just bubble him"

Hmm, you're right. He had a spirit shell up, pain supression and I was switching between building Ev stacks to use AA so I could spam flash heal on him. I'm sorry, there's just nothing I can do. =/

ugh. "Why don't you use Divine Hymn?"

Do you see sparkles around my feet?
90 Pandaren Monk
Had a few interesting groups over the weekend. A few memorable moments:

I had just gotten enough gear for my healer spec to feel comfortable healing cata normal dungeons. Zone in to:
DPS: "Tank, why are you tanking in windwalker spec"
Tank: "Cause tanks are irreverent at this level"

I was about to say tank, if you don't change specs healing will be irrelevant.
But I waited and while agro did spread to the dps, I didn't ever get healing agro, and the "tank" wasn't too hard to heal, though healing everyone at once was a little taxing. Ended fine, no deaths.

Second was by far the most surprising and fun group in a while:
Zone into Stonecore. Everyone is new to the instance, and I'm envisioning healing nightmares... But while they didn't know the instance, they were top rate players. They avoided all the bad stuff, they read the dungeon journal about each boss, did everything right. Healing was very easy. We were even complementing each other on doing good. I made sure the tank knew how well he did, since he was a little unsure. I wish I would get groups like this everyday. I would much rather group with players like this then the type that think they know everything, have attitudes and then proceed to act like noobs.

Both groups kinda taught me not to judge how things will go from the opening chatter. (Not that I think queuing as tank and not using a tank spec is ok, I mean if your good in dps spec why not be even better in tank spec?)
90 Pandaren Monk
There was also one that I was so glad I wasn't healing, but I felt so sorry for the healer.
Got Throne of the Tides I think.
Tank was a gogogo type. Wouldn't stop for the healer, ran in without looking if anyone was even with him, etc. Got to the room that locks when the boss is agroed. Healer was low on mana from the previous stuff so he said to wait. I stick with the healer and the tank and the other dps rush in and start the fight, locking us out. They die, room opens and during the rezzing the boss agroes someone, healer dies, I stay back so I didn't die, rez the healer, he rezzes everyone and before two people have even accepted the rez, tank again rushes into the boss, dies, then drops group.
90 Pandaren Priest
Squishy tank has trouble with the first set of hounds at SM.

Ok, you now get PoM, Renew and Shield before each pull Mr. Squishypants.

Tank stands there and waits, waits, waits.

I start to recast my little squishy survival sequence.

Tank: Stop that.

Me: Who stop what?

Tank: Renew is a waste with shield, you are going to go OOM.

Really? I am going to go OOM wasting ticks of Renew? That is what is going to tip the scale? Not the FH, FH, GH sequence I have been spamming that barley keeps you at a quarter health, no it was the renew ticks. I am friggin mana positive with single target renew. AAAAAAAAA.

Just stop giving advice when you just…. Just… AAAAAAAA

Did I stop to drink yet, NO. You are gonna die because I don’t have enough throughput, not because I run out of mana. And I have some nice single target throughput. Not the best in the game, but if a decently geared holy priest simply can’t keep you up in 5 man content…..AAAAAAAAA
20 Dwarf Hunter
Really? I am going to go OOM wasting ticks of Renew? That is what is going to tip the scale? Not the FH, FH, GH sequence I have been spamming that barley keeps you at a quarter health, no it was the renew ticks. I am friggin mana positive with single target renew. AAAAAAAAA.

I really did spit my coffee out on the keyboard..... thanks I can't stop laughing about the "That is what is going to tip the scale?" comment.... LOL
100 Goblin Priest
03/27/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Kneanderthal

I really did spit my coffee out on the keyboard..... thanks I can't stop laughing about the "That is what is going to tip the scale?" comment.... LOL

xDD Same here - many luls at people who try and give advice when they have no clue.

Been healing my friend through his first time tanking (LFR and heroics for the most part), using my 'vast' database of tanking knowledge (I messed with a warrior tank in the 70s, I think?) Luckily you tend to pick up a decent amount of tips just from healing good/bad tanks and seeing the difference. It's actually not too bad - mentioned things like when to taunt and general mechanics, and he seemed to get it. He did die once in a heroic (Setting Sun - he asked if he should pull 'all of them' for the first trash - I figured he meant the first 'group' but he meant the whole bridge. Smokebombs and regular bombs - and impatient DPS - tank and warrior died, but I managed to keep the mage/hunts/myself up while DPSing the mess of mobs down.

Otherwise, not much to report, other than the general amusement of hearing on mumble how pleased said friend is when he doesn't die and gets compliments and such :)
98 Troll Shaman
Third boss. I ask if everyone knows what to do with the bombs. Everyone answers yes. No one throws bombs. We wipe with everything eating my face.

Second time around I grab a bomb and start tossing. I would have tossed more but had to heal. Came in second in DPS at 74k. The DPS DK who followed my example came in at 101k. Everyone else, 20k...

*hits head on keyboard*

When I do this boss, even with guildies, I consistently top the damage done simply via bombs. Ghost Wolf is so great for running around and grabbing them!

I had a weird one from a healer on my Monk, leveling as Brewmaster tank.

Level 82, get into Vortex Pinnacle, I have about 62k health at that point, mostly Cata pieces but still a few Wrath relics.

The healer tried to tell me that his previous run had a DK tank, level 84, with 200k health. I am honestly confused at this, like, is that level of health actually possible at 84, even with full MoP BoE blues or something?

When I mention I am actually at an appropriate level of health for that dungeon (I mean, fresh 85 tanks had ~120k and only got to 200k+ near the end of Cata...), he says "no you just suck" and leaves.

New healer, another Monk comes in, we get along great and do a good three dungeons together. At one point I apologized for feeling squishy as I am still leveling and learning Monk tanking priorities (usually get Healer when I queue), the healer even told me I was doing great, it was the Rogue with us messing things up.

Also had a Warlock pull the dragon in Vortex Pinnacle before the healer was even up on the ledge (she was drinking after the big 6-pull before the boss), I went into preservation-mode as a Brewmaster and used my Guards and Expels and Healing Elixirs and everything to survive until the dragon was at like 5% before puttering out. Warlock says "np I am just OP" .. To which I respond "No, me surviving without a healer long enough for you to not get two-shotted is OP, if anything." The dragon hit him once after I died, brought him to ~25% health through his built-up shield. <.<;
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]