Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

90 Pandaren Monk
Tank is in DPS spec.

-Warning Sign number one

Tank: I hope you don't suck like the rest of the healers.

-Warning Sign number two

Me: Do you have a tanking spec?
Tank: I don't need one, my gear is awesome.

-Three strikes, I'm out.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/04/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Menchi
Cauterize makes the next killing blow instead put them at 50% health and cause 40% of that to burn off over the next 6 seconds. I guess if there's a lot of damage going out, they might be concerned, lol.

Yup - but you'd think that someone who was already losing health might... get out of the fire? Nah... that makes too much sense :p
90 Pandaren Monk
02/04/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Shankari
Cauterize makes the next killing blow instead put them at 50% health and cause 40% of that to burn off over the next 6 seconds. I guess if there's a lot of damage going out, they might be concerned, lol.

Yup - but you'd think that someone who was already losing health might... get out of the fire? Nah... that makes too much sense :p

Their logic might be thus:

Fire kept me alive, through Cauterize. Maybe more fire will make me super alive! :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Posted by MenchiCauterize makes the next killing blow instead put them at 50% health and cause 40% of that to burn off over the next 6 seconds. I guess if there's a lot of damage going out, they might be concerned, lol.Yup - but you'd think that someone who was already losing health might... get out of the fire? Nah... that makes too much sense :p

I've found myself being a victim to fire. . . a lot. When MoP came around I made a monk (like almost everyone else and it is a ww and I've gotten it up to 485 so awesome.) Anyway, I like to stand in the fire on my monk with Touch of Karma. If I have touch of nothingness (or whatever the dot in Jade temple is from the sha boss), I'll ask the healer not to dispel me until my ToK expires. When I switch to one of my other characters, I forget that I don't have that ability and have to quickly correct myself.
100 Draenei Priest
Recently (Recently being about the last week or so), I got my Goblin mage up to 90 and ran lots of heroics to get up to LFR.

Lets just say that I lol when I hear people saying (or "asking" in a way that implies) that most horribad people come from the Alliance.

No.

Chain pulling tanks, oblivious tanks, undergeard tanks, flaky non-committal tanks, in TROVES, run after run for sometimes hours on end. Tanks I've seen make healers ragequit because they just wont stop to at least pay attention when someone dies as they are chain pulling the entire instance, with little regard to the fact the Healer is scurrying after them, barely keeping them alive through fumes . . . oh and those lovely undergeared monk tanks that never use CD's just make things even more interesting. Lets just say there is a reaosn I have Improved Invisibility on my Mage, it gets a workout when those guys drop dead mid pull.

More often then not I see a Healer (Usually a Druid strangely) pulling us through some rediculous stuff. In two separate recent incidents it was because the tank (in one case several tanks) left party immediately after joining. No seeming reason for such a decision, just pop in, look around, then drop out like they suddenly dont have time for one.

One was a Scholomance. We zone in, I make a Mage table, tank drops. K. Hunter says to heal his pet as the Druid complies and we actually down the first boss doing nothing but that. It was hairy but that Druid healer was a bamf. Tank zones in soon afterwards and we down the place without issue.

The other time was Scarlet Halls or Monastery, one of the two. No les then three tanks throughout the instance zoned in and immediately left afterwards. No words, no actions, just pop in, pop out, healer lets out a sigh as he carries us through trash pulls that could be put in synch to the Benny Hills theme as we wait for another tank to come in and inevitably leave before doing anything again.

The Horde side is also the first time I saw Gate of the Setting Sun chain pulled from the very start to the very ending, to the point that the healer never did get one drink of water the whole time. No mob was ever held still, that tank was constantly back-peddling the entire time, sometimes turning and going into a full-on sprint to the next group. Evemies were even dragged so far as to still be on us a few pulls from where they came from when we started bosses. A fun time for an Arcane Mage this does not make.

Another instance of Uber-Super-Duper-Chain-Pulling was one of my Goblin's first Heroics, Stormstout Brewry. Tank chain pulls EVERYTHING to Hopptallus (However his name is spelled), healer is OOM of course because they were undergeared for that sort of abuse, tank is covered in a pack of rabid vermin after pulling the boss with the entire trail of Virmen on him and the Healer halfway across the Brewry getting stunned by bombers, dies when the rest of us get there, drops group, then the rest of us die. healer drops group, one of the DPS drop group, me and a DK just sit there staring at each other and the masses of Virmen until five minutes pass and a whole enw aprty comes in. They zone in, AND ALL OF THEM LEAVE. They stayed long enough for me to see none of them were even from the same server. And one of them said they were in "Gate of the Setting Sun" when I hovered over them, right before zoning out of the party.

Seriously, what?

We wait another 7 or so minute because . . . I dont really know, and get another party with another tank who enjoys Chain pulling the entire instance, though this one seems to at least know what a Cooldown is.

One notable ragequit I remember was a Shado-Pan Monastery. Tank was chain pulling everything (A DK), Healer was ran ragged keeping up but seemed to manage given the circumstances. Soon as Snowdrift drops he's bursting out the doors like the Koolaid man and barreling into the hard-hitting Sha monsters along the bridge, not once giving a time in between pulls for anyone in the party, least of all the healer, to get any bearing. Hunter dies at the other end of the bridge to the exploding little mobs because the healer just cant top us all off due to being OOM.

She asks tank to stop. But Honey Badger tank dont care. He just keeps pulling.

She just explodes at everyone in chat to stop and get out of combat so she can rez. Tank slumps back reluctantly and we all wait. But we're stuck in combat for some reason and she starts going off again at us for not stopping and being stupid and other very colorful names, then ragequits. Not that I blame her with all she's probably been through that same night . . .

Yea, no, I've seen first hand that the Horde is far from being free of the plague that is Horribad Pugs. I'm just really glad I was not healing any of them.

*Rubs temples*
90 Pandaren Monk
I actually healed on my druid way back when in 4.1 as a troll druid. Fun as hell. But. Oh. Oh, having to run Zul'Aman with a tank that isn't nearly geared enough to do a mount run but wanting to do one anyways, with DPS who haven't run the place before. I still have nightmares.

I agree. Baddie syndrome isn't just with the Alliance. In fact, I'm finding quite a bit more competence this side than I was on my old Horde server.
Edited by Fistlobster on 2/4/2013 11:01 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
After tonight's LFR and, sadly, my guild's first success on Will of the Emperor, I have two things to say.

First, even in LFR, on Shek'zeer, STOP STANDING IN THE !@#$%^- DISSONANCE FIELDS. FHGRTE!%# Pulling massive over-second-place healing is cool but not when I have to be running on fumes from 75% on due to people getting hit by a field, moving just to the edge but not out of it (which wastes a heal since I was expecting them to, ya know, keep going until they were out), and then just stand there from 100% health till death, 15 seconds later.

Another thing, resto druids (sorry I know they are also healers but it has to be said) who sit there and stack up Rejuv-Lifebloom3-Regrowth, and then sit back and spam Regrowths. Not Nourishes, Regrowths. And go OOM at 75% on the boss after a mana tide. This druid was told to simply keep one of the tanks, too, need not raid heal, just self and that tank. By putting up full HoTs constantly and Regrowthing he OOMed at 75% ... The tank was not even taking much damage until right before the OOM mention during the titan gas phase.

But ultimately, this is not what made me angry. See, this druid is a guildie of mine, and after checking on recount for what he was casting, I tried to tell him to use Nourish over Regrowth as filler healing, since it is about five times as mana-efficient. He put me on mute/ignore.

When you state a problem you are having, and then outright squelch someone trying to help you with a solution to that problem, this is what -really- makes me rage. And, this is why I just shut up in LFR. I would go hoarse trying to coach people through things.
100 Tauren Paladin
If I'm leveling through dungeons, 58 is a number I always dread.

Death Knights. Brand new newbie Death Knights, fresh out of their starting area and looking to run a dungeon.

It's practically an insta-queue, but my god, you run into a LOT of winners that way. And it generally keeps going until about the mid-70s.

The winner for Best Goober In A PUG, though, goes to the DK (... I'm kinda seeing a trend here), that was trying to tank regular Nexus in agility heirlooms and a DPS spec. I went OOM on every single pull and the tank kept !@#$%ing about the bad heals. I left before the first boss.
90 Blood Elf Priest
We got petrified on Stone Guard. Twice. That is all.
100 Tauren Druid
02/03/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Aestyr
Ok, here's one in Heroic Scarlet Monastery....

I'd never wiped in this place, until this weekend.

Zone into a fresh run. I don't bother inspecting anyone, because, really, why bother? But right away I get a tell from the dps warrior:

"good thing you're geared"

Right from the get-go, everyone's health is dropping like a stone from a hot air balloon. People are standing in front of flamethrowers, poor tank seems to have forgotten the importance of holding aggro on more than one mob. But we make it through, kill the first boss, and enter the courtyard.

Holy mother of all that is holy. Tank charges out to the first group in the courtyard. That's fine. But then DPS proceed to bring in everything in sight. Anything they can see, they're shooting at it. There's got to be a dozen mobs. Smites are flying. The priests are casting heals. The tank is, bless his heart, trying to get them grouped up, but it's not happening. I'm doing my best to keep outliers cycloned just so they don't smite me to death. Somehow we live through, with a dead DPS warrior. Let's rez, and move on, shall we?

Move up the stairs, get another trash group clear, and then stand there watching Brother K pace back and forth. What does the tank do next? How about grab the three monks on the left and Brother K at the same time? Yeah, that's a great idea. I'm healing left and right. I actually think it's going to be OK. But then someone grabs on of the pats off to the side. Great, more mobs. And then, they aggro the three monks on the right. Wipe.

Second try I request they first kill the monks before going for the boss. That works out better.

Into the Cathedral!! And hey, why not aggro EVERYTHING? Yeah, that sounds like fun. But we live through, maybe with a dead warlock or two.

Let's kill the boss and be done, right? Things are OK. For some reason the Warlock keeps saying "EVERYONE UP HERE BY THE DOOR". Then Whitemane starts casting her mass rez. I'm watching the cast bar ... 10 ... 9 ... 8 ... "Hmm," I think to myself, "will anyone interrupt that?" ... 7 ... 6 ... Nope, here come some bad guys!!!

As we're running back in:

Me: "So, how about someone interrupt that rez?"
Tank: "I don't have an interrupt"
Me: "Well, the warrior does"
Warrior: "No I don't"

After explaining to the warrior that he does have a "Pummel" spell that does interrupt, we clear the boss, I get my VP, and I leave.
100 Tauren Druid
See, this druid is a guildie of mine, and after checking on recount for what he was casting, I tried to tell him to use Nourish over Regrowth as filler healing, since it is about five times as mana-efficient. He put me on mute/ignore.

Nourish is next to useless now. The druid healing kit is pretty small. LB, RJ, Regrowth, WG. That's pretty much it. If someone needs only 25k healing from Nourish, by the time Nourish actually ends up being cast, either that person or someone else will need the 90k healing from RG. But the druid that you mention has problems far greater than RG.
90 Pandaren Priest

mudder grumble grumble. YES YOU DO TO HAVE AN INTERRUPT! How long have they been sliding through without interrupting anything?

sorry, pet peeve.

I thought you were going to say that they were going for the two achievements. Burning Man where you kite karloff around to set the dummies on fire. And Stay Dead!, where you let the mass rez go through and kill the adds.

But no, it was worse.

: Warrior, int. that.
: I am a warrior, I don't use intelligence.
: Interrupt that.
: No, that would be rude.
90 Tauren Paladin
Had myself a winner a few minutes ago.

Zone into Throne of Tides: Comp - Pallie Tank, Warlock DPS, Monk DPs, Hunter DPS (my friend), and Myself.

First Trash pull tank can hold aggro as well as a screen door keeps out water .

Whisper hunter: This is going to be one of those runs.
Hunter: Yurp.

Room before the first boss. Everyone but the hunter loves the green stuff on the floor , nobody int or stuns the casters, tank has let the big melee add pound on me. Monk dies I am at half mana, which for my gear right now, is bad for me. Rez monk, heal monk, go to drink and tank pulls the boss, gate closes, all but me dies as i was outside the gate.

Tank: did I do something wrong ?
group as one: you pulled with out the healer

Monk drops group, we get a DK, blood specced for a new dps.

Take the boss down easily, but the tank is squishie as hell, and still has trouble with adds,

Go to the next room, Tank stands in pummel and the black pools to fight the boss , Dk bites it as well, for the same reason. we wipe , as I got grabbed and thrown.

Tank & Dk : what happened there?
me : you stood in the black he pummeled you both cause you were both in front of him, and even I can not heal through that constant damage.

Get back in rez buff and inspect tank and cry: for plate he has on a mixed bag of LK and cata dps and healers gear, a healers shield, 2 rogue +agil trinkets one cata one LK, and a Sowrd he should of stopped using way back in the howling Fjord. I wondered why he was squishie as anything.
Edited by Malewa on 2/6/2013 1:17 PM PST
90 Pandaren Shaman
02/06/2013 08:21 AMPosted by Aestyr
We got petrified on Stone Guard. Twice. That is all.

Ive had a tank try to pull Elegon off his PLatform...the boss, not the add.
90 Draenei Priest

That's when you /smack both of them and can successfully get away with calling them bads and be accurate. Most all classes have a baseline interrupt, and specifically all classes that have a melee spec have baseline interrupts.

Something that I recently started to hate seeing in dungeons is Warlocks with Mannoroth's Fury as their level 90 talent. No, you do NOT need a +500% radius on all your AoE abilities, especially not in the classroom in Scholomance.
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Vhalan
No, you do NOT need a +500% radius on all your AoE abilities, especially not in the classroom in Scholomance.

But that's the best place for it.
90 Pandaren Monk
: Warrior, int. that.
: I am a warrior, I don't use intelligence.
: Interrupt that.
: No, that would be rude.

Actually, this is friggin brilliant.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got to tank Sha of Fear as holy today. wheee.
90 Undead Warlock
02/06/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Nerfheals
No, you do NOT need a +500% radius on all your AoE abilities, especially not in the classroom in Scholomance.

But that's the best place for it.

When I hit 90 i used Mannoroth's Fury for an hour or so for a laugh at the MASSIVE AoE's, but I saw straight away how it'd be too large to use in groups so after I had my fun (I was by myself, I wouldn't do that on a group) I switched to Kil'jaeden's Cunning because being able to cast on the move is incredibly useful.

P.S. This is Chainjoi
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/06/2013 10:54 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo

I thought EVERY tank had an interrupt.

DK-mind freeze
Druid-skull bash
Monk-spear hand strike
pally-avenger's shield
Warrior-pummel

This came up for me once doing achievements with friends. I checked who had interrupts and found each tank had one, monks came after but having played one I know they have it.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]