Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

64 Human Priest
The Continuing story of healing Fresh DK's in Ramparts.

Zone in... group comp DK tank, Dk dps, mage and hunter

As I rez in, tank is over the bridge , taking one swing at a mob and moving on to the next group, She/he/it is not really grabbing aggro, at the 7th group of mobs stops and proceeds to fight. Mobs are flying all over the place. there are about 30 mobs, just hitting whatever they can... We wipe, just due to sheer numbers.

Tank - Has left the party
Mage - healer you suck
DK - my 90 healer could of kept us alive
hunter - you wiped us

Group falls apart, I reque and 20 or 30 minutes later I get the same tank, as they run off doing the same thing , I drop group.
90 Night Elf Priest
i love people.

we're in whatever instance we're in.

"Healer, i'm chain pulling."

w-w-what

too late.

pull pull pull. boss strolls up starts whacking on the tank too.

tank dies.

"you really need to heal him more."

-fuse blows-
90 Pandaren Monk
i love people.

we're in whatever instance we're in.

"Healer, i'm chain pulling."

w-w-what

too late.

pull pull pull. boss strolls up starts whacking on the tank too.

tank dies.

"you really need to heal him more."

-fuse blows-

A lot of tanks forget that when they hit Blackrock Depths, Stratholme, Zul'farrak, and Sunken Temple, thee mobs hit much harder than mobs in previous dungeons, and there's a lot of effects people need to be aware of, such as spellcasters, slows, silences, stuns, and persistent, stacking diseases. Many tanks try to power on through them like normal, relying on the healer to keep them up, and this turns into a slaughter, with blame mistakenly given to the healer.
90 Human Priest
I think 90% of my "blame the healer" stories are attached to Gordrock Commons. There is just no time to explain that its an instance of boss fights you're supposed to avoid.

Also, up until that point, tanks have focused solely on maintaining threat. Clearly mitigation is the healer's problem.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Still reading this, and it has brought me quite a bit of amusement (at the idiots' expense, of course, and generally not the posters'). However, although the only healer I play is my 7x disc priest because I honestly don't have the patience for the playstyle myself, I thought I'd share a few stories of my own featuring healers.

So, first up, on this character I was doing a Galleon/Sha group the other day. We only had about 23 people, but a lot of us were already at Galleon and the Horde was about to pull. Since I was there (in blood spec) along with most of the healers, we decide I should pull because we don't want to let the Horde group have him. So, despite being the only tank there at the time, I pull the boss. It was a crazy fight--I was tanking Gal and half the adds, blowing cooldowns left and right while praying for Death Strike to come up faster.

The fight took a year and a day (someone said some Horde were rather upset, too, but apparently a few of them helped dps him), but we managed to pull through. Looking at recount afterward, I suspect that was due almost entirely to the rather impressive worgen disc priest who was pulling waaaay ahead of any of the other healers. So, anyway, we go on and get a few more to do Sha while waiting for him to respawn from Horde kill, but don't really get that many more. It wasn't a terribly messy pull--though again I was tanking boss + at least half the adds, when not MCed--but that poor priest was complaining afterward that she had legitimate healing agro during the times I was mced. T_T I felt bad, even though there was nothing I could do about that, because she was awesome. But very much respect to her and healers like that.

Next up was another Sha group, but this time on Horde with me on my paladin. Once again, it was an under-filled group because we were having a hell of a time finding people. Only had two and a half (well, three, but one said she lagged too bad on Sha to be counted as a full healer) with like five tanks. One of the healers had volunteered to help despite that she'd already killed him for the week, and she was impossibly nice.

Sadly, it wasn't meant to be. I don't think I've ever wiped that many times just on Sha, and once again mostly because of the damn MC. People weren't aoeing the Ires nearly fast enough, so they were stacking up. After being MT on the boss the first time and wiping from adds, I decided I would tank the adds instead. My paladin isn't terribly geared, but I was holding them until MC and then somehow the other tanks managed to get wiped by them. I felt really bad for the priest who had volunteered to help when the group fell apart after three or four wipes. :/

Finally, one from my 70 warlock. So, she's exp capped with 70 pvp gear and pretty strong, but anyway, I end up in a group with this pull-happy panda monk. Normally I don't really like people who pull when they're not the tank, but she was too nice for me to really be annoyed with and her name (Saadpanda) amused me more than it should've, so I ended up doing several runs with her. Most of the time it went fine (though she managed to die almost every run on the first pull of tunneling ghouls), considering Utagarde Keep isn't terribly hard and most tanks were pulling pretty fast anyway.

But we get into a group with this Death Cow (tauren DK) with full dps heirlooms tank. He gets a little upset when she starts pulling; now, in most cases I would've taken the tank's side, but I don't really like self-righteous macho idiots or fully-heirloomed people, much less ones with the wrong heirlooms for their role. So, when he says to just let her die and sits idly by, I keep killing stuff.

I probably could've done that fine normally, but since she is a little squishy, I decide to pull out my Dark Apotheosis glyph and take over tanking. I think we rather frustrated this guy, because doing that pretty much makes me a warlock tank, so healer and I were just rolling through everything, bosses included, while the DK followed along incredulously pretty much being useless. If he wanted us to wipe, he was disappointed. :X At the end, she was like "Okay, you're tanking from now on." And we did a few more runs. Made me wish warlock tanking was a thing.
86 Human Priest
Many times when a tank pulls a big group and dies the response is... wtf

like he/she had no idea of the mount of damage he could be taking. Usually such an instance is preceded by the tank having popped 0 cooldowns and no silence or CC has been put on said mobs

(this is in lvl 85 heroics)

when a tank goes wtf healz? or u new to healin?
I just call it a Charlie foxtrot and leave

85 DK pulling the trash before murizond in End Time and goes down before I can cast.
the dps go, healz u suck-
we shudnt be dying here on trash
tank goes : idk I died healz?

during that time- no vamp blood no icebound fortysomething
tank: healz ur job is to keep people up.
me: yeah was my fault that I cant keep you up through 0 CC and 0 interrupts and 0 cooldowns
tank: cooldowns are for bad healz (he spelled it with a z) my brother healz me fine on his priest u suck *has left group*
*15 minutes later Nat has left group (still without a tank)
90 Gnome Monk
I think 90% of my "blame the healer" stories are attached to Gordrock Commons. There is just no time to explain that its an instance of boss fights you're supposed to avoid.

Also, up until that point, tanks have focused solely on maintaining threat. Clearly mitigation is the healer's problem.

That's one of the first anyway.

Stockades would be my first. After the cata revamp can be pretty bad with all the mobs that stun if the tank is wearing paper.

Some of the best recipes for disaster though occur later on.

Mana tombs is always fun when the tank pulls a huge area and it contains the mobs that will gouge the tank. After the tank is incapacitated everything will proceed to eat either the healer or a dps. A wipe will follow shortly.

Blood furnace with a melee heavy group tends to end with a bang after large pulls. ;)

Big pulls in Auchenai Crypts or Sethekk Halls? The healer and / or tank will end up getting MC'd and killing the party. Kill the totem? Why?

Blackrock caverns? That's just one big barrel of monkeys.
I did Violet Hold as a resto shaman and got about 2k dps on the last boss while two hunters got only 1.5k dps COMBINED. My shaman has all but two heirlooms (leg and head) but still.
90 Draenei Shaman
Well, I have a few...

On this Shaman:

H Gate of the Setting Sun
Tank pulls all the starting trash while I'm still on the loading screen. By the time I get to him, he's at 30% HP. He stays in the smoke cloud, so I run in and start dropping chain heals on myself to bounce them into him and healing rain on the area.
I manage to keep him alive, and at the end of that pull the following conversation occurs.
Him: Be nice if the healer would keep up and not let me drop below 80% hp.
Me: Be nice if the tank wasn't a moron and would not only wait for the healer to get through the loading screen, but would stay out of the clouds that prevent the healer from healing him.
Everyone stops talking there and we pull the boss. The tank runs and stands directly on top of a bomb, it blows up at 70%, tank dies instantly. Queue wipe.
Him: WTF HEALZ?!
Me: Well, I said earlier it would be nice if the tank wasn't a moron. I guess you just had to dash my hopes.
Him: YOU SUCK LEARN TO HEAL YOU F****** F**!
*You have been removed from the group.*

H Scholomance
Everything is going fine until Rattlegore...
First, the tank doesn't move the boss. Ever.
Second, two of the DPS and the tank do not get bone shield.
That is a recipe for disaster.
Of course, I get blamed for it...
I dropped group there.

H Scholomance
Zone into in progress run on Rattlegore. I peek into the room and see about 30 player skeletons lying on the floor.
Tank: I hope you're better than our last healer, he couldn't even heal through Bone Spike.
Me: That's because bone spike is a moron check. If you die to it, you're a moron. Grab a bone shield to start and each time he uses it and you won't die.
DPS: But moving to get those hurts my DPS!
Me: So does dying.
Tank pulls, him and the DPS who piped up don't get the bone spike and die. I use my Primal Earth Elemental as a tank for the last 40 seconds of the fight and we manage to down it.
About 5 seconds before the fight ends, the tank says in chat, "Res?"
After the boss dies the tank goes off.
"Why did you let me die you noob healer! You're supposed to heal through bone spike, if you had any skill you would have kept me alive! Then you didn't even res me so I could finish tanking the boss!"
I respond, "Well, to your first point, I warned you that Bone Spike was a moron check. It checked and found you to be a moron. Second, no amount of healer skill can save a stupid tank who gets one shotted. Third, Shamans don't have a Battle Res, but since you're obviously a moron, I wouldn't expect you to know that."
I vote to kick the tank with the reason, moron tank. It passes, we get a new tank and have no problems the rest of the instance.
90 Draenei Shaman
On my priest:
I pug into a guild group doing ToT, it's actually a guild I used to be in on this shaman, so they had whispered me asking if I could help them with Horridon.
Just two things to keep in mind.
1) When I was with the group, I was practically solo healing Spirit Kings and Elegon. We never got Elegon down.
2) After 5.2 came out and I had left this guild, they couldn't get Spirit Kings or Blade Lord in HoF.
The bridge trash takes us an hour to do...
We get to Horridon...
First pull, adds are running everywhere, people are standing in sand traps/double swipes, I'm the only one dispelling. Luckily I have mass dispel.
We wipe and I check healing done... My 485 ilevel Disc priest alt is top on Healing Done, Dispels, and I beat two DPS on Damage done.
I'm also bottom on Damage Taken and Overhealing.

I whisper the raid leader and let her know what I saw going wrong, and we spend the next 30 minutes while she tries to explain what went wrong.

We pull again, same thing happens. Again, we spend 30 minutes explaining what went wrong.

Third pull, exact same thing happens again. Raid Leader calls the raid because it's time to end.
90 Gnome Monk
Tank: I hope you're better than our last healer

If I had a nickel every time I've heard that I'd be out on my own private island with a nice fat fiber connection.

I think my favorite was a heroic dead mines where, before the first boss, I hear

"Well this will be our 5th healer."

Keep in mind this was Cataclysm. I was on a fairly fresh 85 holy pally. The tank is in all blue pvp gear with the exception of his wrists. That was epic pvp gear. /wrists indeed.

He was, of course, with two friends. I kept him up through sheer stubbornness.
Edited by Kipery on 5/21/2013 12:48 PM PDT
33 Draenei Priest
05/21/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Jackoneill
Tank: I hope you're better than our last healer

Heh, I get the other side of it. 'Hey new tank, you'd better not suck like that last one.'

It takes approximately one pull to find out why the last one bailed.
90 Tauren Paladin
I am healing the Cata heroics on this girl, (as I never ran them all on any other toon)I have her level locked at the moment at 85, and it has been a joy.

Dragon boss in Stonecore.

DK's liked to stand in the fire, in the shadows on the ground, right before the rocks fall on them etc...

Dk's question? WTF happened, why did you let us die?
my answer: Rock go boom on your skull, killed your zombie self.
Edited by Malewa on 5/23/2013 11:31 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
I am healing the Cata heroics on this girl, (as I never ran them all on any other toon)I have her level locked at the moment at 85, and it has been a joy.

Dragon boss in Stonecore.

DK's liked to stand in the fire, in the shadows on the ground, right before the rocks fall on them etc...

Dk's question? WTF happened, why did you let us die?

my answer: Rock go boom on your skull, killed your zombie self.

I love the death mechanics in Cata. First week of MoP they put in similar mechanics in both of the new scarlet monastery instances. I was so sad when I came back with an alt and the 'kill you dead' mechanics were limited to only Heroics.

Anymore it is just expected that the healer can heal through it no matter how bad they play.
Things I didn't want to see, but did anyway:

A feral druid in what i can only assume was an attempt at a resto set, trying to tank as if he were guardian spec in Gate of the Setting Sun.

He died. He died a lot.

After rezzing him 7 times in 5 pulls, we just left him there and continued on with the lock's voidwalker pet tanking. It did well, and we had no more issues at all for the remainder of the run.
90 Draenei Shaman
Zone into H Gate of the Setting Sun

Tank is really squishy and can't hold aggro so I inspect him. He's a Ret Pally in a mix of Leather, Cloth, and Mail Int gear.
I ask him to get into his tank spec/gear. He replies, "Noob, this is tank gear and Ret is the tanking spec."
His guildies, all three of them, chime in that I must be terrible if I didn't know that.
We argue back and forth for a bit, then I get the following;
*You have been removed from the group*

I feel sorry for the poor healer who got them.
90 Draenei Shaman
Zoros, you'd love the weekly guild LFR my guild does.
We only do the last two, but we bring 20-25 people and one shot everything.
Yesterday we went in with 22 people, did both LFRs without losing a single person.

Of course, I do the other two ToT LFRs on my own...
Today I got into one...
I zoned into 10 stacks of Determination on Jin'Rokh...
DK and Druid Tanks...
DK is in full Int plate in Frost Spec, Druid is in full Int Leather and Cat Spec...

I gave it one pull. Then I dropped group when we wiped.
Zone into H Gate of the Setting Sun

Tank is really squishy and can't hold aggro so I inspect him. He's a Ret Pally in a mix of Leather, Cloth, and Mail Int gear.
I ask him to get into his tank spec/gear. He replies, "Noob, this is tank gear and Ret is the tanking spec."
His guildies, all three of them, chime in that I must be terrible if I didn't know that.
We argue back and forth for a bit, then I get the following;
*You have been removed from the group*

I feel sorry for the poor healer who got them.

They had to be trolling.

I hope they were trolling.

DK and Druid Tanks...
DK is in full Int plate in Frost Spec, Druid is in full Int Leather and Cat Spec...

Oooooor maybe you just have bad luck.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]