Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

90 Worgen Druid
I've come to the conclusion that if you're the odd one out healing in a group of 4 guildies, it's probably a bad thing. Considering they didn't have a guild member to heal their butts instead of resigning to LFD to find one, they (in my opinion) are not good.

Just did Heroic Scarlet Monastery with such a group, and it was eventful. Tank is at least skilled enough to avoid other groups besides the first one just to the left, but pulled the boss along with the ghosts. Considering there isn't much damage happening in the fight, it's not a problem, but the dps is real low (I mean, Cataclysm low), so the fight drags on.

Tank moves on and pulls the group in the hallway before the courtyard, but doesn't see fit to stop and tank them, because she proceeds to run into the courtyard and hit as many mobs as she could with w/e ranged abilities she could (as a Paladin) and attempts to LoS them into the hallway. Needless to say, she doesn't do a good job of keeping threat and the caster's Flamestrike isn't being moved out of. Brother Korloff, the Rogue (without a warning to me, since I'm sure she told her guildies) afks and the tank pulls the boss. The Rogue is still close enough to get targeted by Firestorm Kick and gets picked EVERY TIME. The other two dps (and occasionally the tank) stand in pools of Scorched Earth a lot for the second half of the fight, so between healing the derped Rogue and the others, my mana is taking a beating.

Immediately after Korloff dies, tank keeps running to the cathedral and aggros everything on the right side inside the building, and attempts to LoS them outside. This fails spectacularly, just like earlier, with the tank failing to properly maintain aggro, and we wipe. While I go to run back Rogue wakes up and throws out a mass rez (how this group of knuckleheads got a guild to level 25 is beyond me). Tank tries the pull again, and it goes much better. Kill Durand & Sally and I drop group in disgust.

tl;dr Guild groups = x_x
90 Draenei Priest
02/11/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Menchi
I've come to the conclusion that if you're the odd one out healing in a group of 4 guildies, it's probably a bad thing.

I know what you mean fo' sho, but I wonder how much it comes down to them being bad, and how much of it is just because they don't get Luck of the Draw? (You still do)

Do you think as frequent LFDers, we tend to ignore Luck of the Draw, because we tend to always have it?

Maybe these heroics were actually appropriately tuned for those who ran with their guilds...
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Maybe these heroics were actually appropriately tuned for those who ran with their guilds...

No. I geared up with guildies in the beginning of the expac and we demolished the heroics in our greens and blues.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I was healing on my new priest healer the other day and entered SFK for the level 20 weapon quest. I wondered why my DPS between casts of PW:Shield was higher than the three DPS (rogue, paladin, and hunter). As we enter the courtyard after the first boss, the paladin said:

"I should not have queued as DPS when I'm in Holy".

This was followed by:

"Tank, you can pull lots at the same time, you've got two heals"

The tank responded with a vote kick against the paladin with the excuse "Don't Need Two Heals" and a comment about there not really being enough AoE in the group to do large pulls. The vote kick failed and the hunter asked in the chat about why did the tank try to kick the paladin so then the paladin voted to kick the tank for "Elitist ******* tank". This failed as well. I stuck with the group as I didn't want to leave the tank with the group (the tank happened to be from my server as well - another reason to do this). I ended up typing RP comments in chat while DPSing and Healing and ended 1st in healing and 2nd in DPS in most fights. At least I managed to have fun with the group.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
LFR HOF warrior tank going down faster then a 2 dollar !@#$%. We are talking 2 seconds from full to dead. He starts going off on how he is not getting any heals and how he has cleared 6 heroic fights.

I inspect him full crit gear gems and enchants on everything except his shield. He even reforged to crit on tanking gear that had dodge/parry. Now on a bear i can understand but really this warrior had no clue. Needless to say he got kicked.

Probably his dps gear then. Dps warriors stack crit.

It seems to be happening more often - tanks in dps gear. For leather wearers and prot pallies (although haste is getting the nerfbat in 5.2) it's understandable.

But there is no reason why tanks should be in intellect plate (which seems to happen quite a bit these days).
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for these threads. I've been in bed most of the day nursing a cold and they're keeping me sane.

To contribute, I've only really had two pugs that stood out enough to remember. The first one was during Cata. The group was a bunch of jerks from the same guild (go figure), a warlock, and myself in Zul'Aman when it first came out. They're pulling recklessly, hate bouncing all over, with no interrupts or CC. I'm white knuckling my mouse doing ~25k hps trying to keep everyone alive. The entire time they are hurling insults at the lock for doing low dps. I mean, Xbox live-type taunting. For his gear and on bosses he really wasn't doing bad. He also was at least attempting to CC. So, every time they went to vote kick, I would decline. We finish the second to last boss and they wait around to initiate another vote kick. And another. And another. They must've tried to vote kick him for a good five minutes. I tell them they're being too hard on the lock and to please just move on to the last boss. They kick me instead. >:|

The second was my first instance in MoP on my priest. I zone in and right away see in party chat 'Wow, Alice you're really hot.' I say nothing, buff, and wait for the tank to start. They just sit there. Then, party chat kicks up with really vulgar stuff directed at my character and I. Stuff that would make hardened goldshire vets blush. It was so surreal. I laughed, reported them, took some screenshots, and dropped group after I was sure they weren't going to pull anytime soon. I never said a word to them the entire time.

Unrelated, but Menchi your name makes this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61GFr8fVs6g pop in to my head everytime I read one of your posts. It's so very sad. :(
Edited by Seraphine on 2/13/2013 11:56 PM PST
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
02/13/2013 03:28 PMPosted by Blazer
Yes, attackknight my mains a prot pally i know about haste for pallys and crit stacking for druids. It was more the irony that someone that is doing heroic raids actually though they could tank a raid in the wrong type of gear. You would think that if someone were smart enough to be pushing heroics that they would have a basic knowledge of wow.

There's really no way to tell if said player was truthful or not. But I doubt that the LFR warrior you encountered was. Did he/she handle mechanics well? That's the dead giveaway.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

The second was my first instance in MoP on my priest. I zone in and right away see in party chat 'Wow, Alice you're really hot.' I say nothing, buff, and wait for the tank to start. They just sit there. Then, party chat kicks up with really vulgar stuff directed at my character and I. Stuff that would make hardened goldshire vets blush. It was so surreal. I laughed, reported them, took some screenshots, and dropped group after I was sure they weren't going to pull anytime soon. I never said a word to them the entire time.
:(

Yeah that sort of thing does happen. Sometimes it's just players thinking they're being funny or cool. There are also erotic RPers that sometimes queue up in dungeons too. It seems to happen with female blood elf, human and draenei the most.

Just report, put on ignore, and move on. Sometimes a 30 minute deserter debuff is better than what you need to endure otherwise.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah that sort of thing does happen. Sometimes it's just players thinking they're being funny or cool. There are also erotic RPers that sometimes queue up in dungeons too. It seems to happen with female blood elf, human and draenei the most.

Just report, put on ignore, and move on. Sometimes a 30 minute deserter debuff is better than what you need to endure otherwise.

Oh, wow. Didn't think of the later argument. o_o Figured it was just trolling or them wanting me to drop group. And yeah, that's what I did. They honestly gave me a good laugh out if it if not just because of how entirely unexpected it was. I anticipate a lot of things going in to a dungeon. Bad tanks, bad players, good tanks, good players, cat on keyboard... no one ever expects the sexual inquisition.
90 Night Elf Druid
Heroic Dungeons - bah puging that full guild/friends runs don't wanna deal with the fail'thalas server

LFR

1. Usally only 3 active heals (less are afk)
2. Tanks don't understands to taunt after stacks are at the limit or they just blow
3. DPS is crap and low
4. People just siting in random crap
90 Pandaren Priest
Someone needs to explain to me why people make Temple of the Jade Serpent harder than it has to be. Wise Mari is one of the easiest bosses in MoP I believe if you do it right. Strife and Peril can be easy if people remember to switch mobs (not even "remember", since every group I've been in, myself and the tank have mentioned to switch, and people still don't switch).

Anyways, yet another Jade Serpent healing story. First time I've ever left a group when the boss fight got triggered. Zone in, DK tank, monk, rogue, warlock, and me. Monk keeps pulling aggro off the DK tank, and ok, he's in Brewmaster spec. Tell him a zillion times to switch to DPS spec, but I look at his name, and realize he probably doesn't speak English so he has no idea what I'm saying. Tank doesn't say anything. Rogue and warlock continue to stand in water on the trash mobs.

I go to kick the monk, it fails. We go to Wise Mari fight and trigger the corrupted waters. Same fail as before, I actually almost run oom on the trash mobs (a first) just from healing everybody all the time. Let everybody die finally except for DK since I'm tired of nobody listening (monk still in brewmaster, rogue and warlock standing in the water without moving). I get fed up, and leave.

All were from different guilds, else I would've thought I was getting trolled.
100 Draenei Shaman

I have actually semi-RP'd in random groups with a friend. We just tween our normal RP characters a little to make it more believable, like once we were talking about my female Belf pally's daughter. It's actually quite fun making the minor changes, but if we do it in our proper gear and not spend 90% of the time talking instead of what we're supposed to be doing (mainly between pulls and very easy fights).

02/14/2013 05:26 AMPosted by Seraphine
no one ever expects the sexual inquisition.

That instantly made mental images of Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition gag but them dressed as gimps....

I need to burn my eyes now...
90 Blood Elf Monk
The other night I dusted off my Mistweaver gear, and queued up for a dungeon. I got Scarlet Monastery, and what was probably the worst DK tank I've ever seen. Throughout the entire dungeon, he lost aggro to his two DPS friends consistently, had the durability of a wet tissue, and in general was oblivious to everything going on around him. I got to hit 93k hps and run out of mana once we hit the courtyard and he buttpulled everything.

I commented as we were about to pull the last boss "Tank, I'm sorry. But you're squishy as hell." His Rogue buddy then angrily said "Leave off him, he just bought that character." The tank and DPS then decided they wanted to try and get [And Stay Dead!]. I promptly left the group before they pulled.

To give you a TL;DR of this tank: I did 3.6 million in absorbs throughout that dungeon, through just Life Cocoon. This guy's Ebay-bought DK tank did 0; he literally did not Death Strike the entire time. Not a single cooldown was used by him, either.
96 Human Priest
So I had the single most unusual group in quite a while last night...

Temple of the Jade Serpent. We zone in and the first words in chat come from the tank, a DK: "hey guys, this is my first time tanking."

Okay, I'm a bit wary here but hey, I like a good challenge.

The next exchange, though, shocks the living heck out of me. One of the DPS, a shaman, says, "That's okay, we'll help you though it."

WHAT THE HECK?!? DPS being NICE in LFD??!?!? Is this like the Twilight Zone or something?!

We proceed to the water boss and the tank is pretty decent. The only trouble comes when those slime things pop up and he seems to have trouble picking them up b/c they all seem to coverge on our mage. The next pull, our mage gets pounded on and while I can heal through it, I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to end up with a repair bill eventually... until the tank pipes up: "mage, stop pulling before I do."

Mage responds: "I can handle it!"

... well then...

In hindsight, I probably should've let him eat it a couple times b/c he was being a douche, thinking that he knew everything.

We get to the courtyard before the second to last boss:

Tank: "I want to pull everything at once"
Me: /facepalm (b/c he's a new tank so I'm a tad bit wary about his ability to keep aggro on everything)
Mage: "you suck, you're going to die"

The tank goes in and pulls everything and I'm spamming Flash Heal with abandon to keep the tank up. We survive and the boss drops in but before I can say, "mana" in chat and sit and drink, the MAGE pulls the boss. On purpose. So, let's see... we have a guy who's new at tanking whose gear at best is adequate, I just finished a Flash Heal spamfest and I have about 48k mana left, and the squishiest character in our group pulls before I can drink.

I blow every mana-related cooldown I have and we make it through the fight even though I'm in desperate need of mana b/c some people don't know how to move out of fires. Afterward, the shaman initiates a vote-kick on the mage and he explains that he was grouped with that guy before in a scenario and they wiped b/c of him. We pick up a rogue and finish the rest of the instance without trouble.

And from now on, if we get douchey characters in groups, I'm going to get permission from the rest of the group to not heal and res them so that they have to do the corpse run if they die from their stupidity.
100 Tauren Druid
02/14/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Chainjoi
There are also erotic RPers that sometimes queue up in dungeons too.

That takes me back a long, long time ago. I was tanking Mara on my warrior. Even though Alex is not an RP server, there was a male Orc and a female Tauren ... "getting it on" during the whole run. Of course, we'd all decided to do both sides of Mara, so that was like three hours of hearing these two talk about how hot her udders were and how the orc could feel her creamy milk.

PTSD alert.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
That instantly made mental images of Monty Python's Spanish Inquisition gag but them dressed as gimps....

I need to burn my eyes now...

LOL.

how hot her udders were and how the orc could feel her creamy milk

T-that is definitely a thing I don't want to hear in a pug. Or anywhere for that matter. Ever.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

I have actually semi-RP'd in random groups with a friend. We just tween our normal RP characters a little to make it more believable, like once we were talking about my female Belf pally's daughter. It's actually quite fun making the minor changes, but if we do it in our proper gear and not spend 90% of the time talking instead of what we're supposed to be doing (mainly between pulls and very easy fights).

There's a world of difference though. These are ERPers queuing up in LFD to make suggestive comments and make people feel uncomfortable.

I wish there was some sort of a rating system for LFD - kind of like Openraid where you can vote the player out of 5 stars and then leave a comment about them.
90 Worgen Druid
02/13/2013 11:36 PMPosted by Seraphine
Unrelated, but Menchi your name makes this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61GFr8fVs6g pop in to my head everytime I read one of your posts. It's so very sad. :(

:D

Too bad I'm transferring to Horde real soon. Not sure if the name would still apply. Maybe I'll just use a different name related to Excel Saga.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]