Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

100 Draenei Shaman

I have actually semi-RP'd in random groups with a friend. We just tween our normal RP characters a little to make it more believable, like once we were talking about my female Belf pally's daughter. It's actually quite fun making the minor changes, but if we do it in our proper gear and not spend 90% of the time talking instead of what we're supposed to be doing (mainly between pulls and very easy fights).

There's a world of difference though. These are ERPers queuing up in LFD to make suggestive comments and make people feel uncomfortable.

I wish there was some sort of a rating system for LFD - kind of like Openraid where you can vote the player out of 5 stars and then leave a comment about them.

One problem I have if they do bring in a rating system is that you'd get people that would abuse the crap out of it.

Tank didn't take my shortcut? ONE STAR
The group took more than the minimum amount of time for the run? ONE STARS ALL AROUND
My tank friend died on every pull? FIVE STARS BUDDY
You don't agree with what I say? ONE STAR
Why not? ONE STAR AND LIE THROUGH THE !@#$ COMMENT

I don't have faith that the feature would be used appropriately.
100 Draenei Priest
02/14/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Boyeun
And from now on, if we get douchey characters in groups, I'm going to get permission from the rest of the group to not heal and res them so that they have to do the corpse run if they die from their stupidity.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and assume it might have been an accidental tab target, but when someone is flat out being a jerk or giving the tank a hard time and 'pulling for them' to make it go faster, I'm not wasting my mana. Especially if that mana will be better served keeping everyone else up through a poorly done pull.

Thankfully I haven't dealt with too many people that like to pretend they're the tank, but man! It is KILLING me how many people STILL don't understand pet stances in the higher levels. And out of all the people I've asked to take their pet off of growl or whatever its tanking stance is... I don't think ONE of them have ever responded or fixed it. Oh well, if they want to have to rez their pet every pull, so be it I guess.
63 Pandaren Shaman
I'm leveling a new healer and I've just reached the dreaded outlands. Ended up with a rare dps queue due to the influx of tanks, zone into a ramps run. Make it just about to the first boss, we are annihilating everything.

The tank suddenly stops and says, pally why are you in tank spec? Then demands he switch specs. I haven't even noticed anything so I inspect him and he's indeed prot spec but without righteous fury, so I think, who cares? Sure it's not optimal by a long shot but it's not something to make a huge deal over. The paladin explains he has tank gear only right now and has turned off righteous fury so he's not going to pull aggro. I'm like well that seems reasonable... So he says it's not a huge deal I'm not even pulling aggro and my dps is fine. I'm ready to move on, but the tanks insists he is losing aggro to the paladin. I inform him that actually i seem to be the one to be pulling aggro, perhaps that's because he's barely hitting mobs before running away?

We progress, the tanks continues to harp on this paladin in the wrong spec, the entire time insisting it doesn't matter yet somehow it matters so much because he's an idiot. /boggle The paladin is taking the entire thing with good grace for the tank being completely out of line. Shortly after the first boss the paladin says, if you really have a problem with it then just kick me, but nobody seems inclined to do so, the tank just wants to verbally abuse him some more.

We get to the top of the stairs and I watch as the healer pulls every group when you come outside. Tank picks it up, dies because the healer is too busy jumping in circles. Group slowly wipes. He then proceeds to say, "SEE! I died because the paladin stole aggro!" Wait, what? He insists that the paladin stole aggro which somehow lead to his death as well as pulled the extra mobs with avenger's shield. I informed him that no, the healer actually pulled the extra mobs and that he, the tank, died because he actually had aggro on (most) of the mobs. He then proceeds to berate me for not knowing anything about tanks. I asked him if he even knew what a threat modifier does *crickets*. But I'm an idiot because he's been tanking for years, so obviously must be doing it right I guess?

We go back and forth for the rest of the instance, the tank now insisting that 5 mans aren't important at all and then in the same breath telling us we are dumb for not "getting" it and taking it seriously. I think some people just get pleasure out of making everyone else miserable.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have a happy one for a change!

Just had a fantabulous tank in Blackrock while I was on my monk healer. He asked if he could pull big, I said sure go test my healing skills and the rest was MAGIC. Pure magic plain and simple. Giant chain pulls, dps that rocked, heals of awesome. He complimented me so much my ego is a mile high right now :3 We did like 3 or 4 runs.

I cannot imagine how awesome it will be when I get mana tea, I prolly won't even need drink breaks anymore....
100 Worgen Druid
02/14/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Boyeun
And from now on, if we get douchey characters in groups, I'm going to get permission from the rest of the group to not heal and res them so that they have to do the corpse run if they die from their stupidity.

Why wait for permission? Let the punk die.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

One problem I have if they do bring in a rating system is that you'd get people that would abuse the crap out of it.

Tank didn't take my shortcut? ONE STAR
The group took more than the minimum amount of time for the run? ONE STARS ALL AROUND
My tank friend died on every pull? FIVE STARS BUDDY
You don't agree with what I say? ONE STAR
Why not? ONE STAR AND LIE THROUGH THE !@#$ COMMENT

I don't have faith that the feature would be used appropriately.

There is that. There are a few bad apples on Openraid, but only a handful. I suppose the WoW community as a whole would lack the integrity to use it properly. Sigh ...
90 Tauren Priest
Mogu'shan Palace, Xin the Weaponmaster.

Tank: Pulling boss to the door.

Uuuuuuuggghhh. smh

That is all.
90 Pandaren Monk

Uuuuuuuggghhh. smh

That is all.

See, I do this on my tank, but not actually to the door. It's more in the very first section of the room. This way, it gives us more than enough room to move around for the Ring of Fire and spinning axes. As well, it lets me move out of the ground slam to avoid taking unneeded damage without having to reposition both myself and the boss. I have the fortunate benefit of having the Ox statue to denote where I'll be tanking.

This, of course, has led me to receive lots of complaints about how I'm "doing it wrong", all from DPS. I had one warrior said he could tank it easier. Fun fact: he had more LFR gear than I did. We wiped because neither me fistweaving in my healing spec nor the healer could keep this guy up, because, surprise surprise, he was standing in all the !@#$ ever and wasn't moving out of anything Coincidentally, every healer I've had says that I'm ridiculously easy to heal for doing it this way (helps that I'm a monk though). After healing a tank that did the same thing I did, I have to say, it's ungodly amounts of easy healing it this way.
90 Tauren Priest
The issue I have with it is that every single time a tank has done it in a group with me, they've gone literally TO the door. When they do that, I actually have to heal more because it feels like no one can effectively dodge Ground Slam there.

I can understand moving to the back of the room where there's more space, but to that little area by the door? That's just annoying.
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, that little area next to the door should be barred of. I especially love when the tanks pull to that little nook in the corner, making it impossible to get LoS unless I'm at a certain angle, which makes it impossible to move away from mechanics without stopping my heals. ReM and Uplift help, but...ugh.
90 Tauren Priest
Yeah, that little area is where my problem lies. It's great and all for the dps because they can pew pew without having to worry about dodging axes and lasers of doom and stuff, but for the healer it's just...

Ugh.

smh
90 Pandaren Monk
But, see, it doesn't help the DPS. They can just stand and not have to worry about moving...simply because there's nowhere to move to. The fight becomes an all out healer fight, and when DPS are getting bounced around by the axes and RoF, they lose DPS, plus take a ton of damage. I had one mage get bounced backwards into the line of daggers. And just stood there. And bit the dust. Guess who's fault it was?

There's just so much derp logic to a lot of DPS. It's not just limited to DPS, but come on.
90 Tauren Priest
DPS don't seem to think so, at least from my experience. I actually had a dps tell me that he liked it in that area because he could just stand there and dps the whole time without having to move, then proceeded to get by every ground slam. But yanno, whatever.

recount = number pr(o)n

Like you said, DPS logic is derp a lot of the time. :\
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 2/17/2013 7:19 PM PST
100 Draenei Priest
Was doing Blackrock Caverns today and as usual hunter had growl on. I usually just let the pet die or live off aoe heals, but since I know it irritates the tank I run with I told him he should turn off growl. He informs us that he can't because he has no way to turn it off. I know things have changed since the last patch but I don't think that is suddenly a thing... >.> Even told him to check his spellbook because it might just not be on the pet bar, but nope - he thought we were crazy.

Anyway, so we jump off the ledge on our way down to Corla (with the beams you have to stand in) and, of course, hunter doesn't dismiss pet and aggros everything we skipped. In earlier dungeons one of the friends I run with or myself would always remind them, but we figured we wouldn't need to by post level 80... guess we were wrong. He dies but everyone else lives and manage to kill the massive group we have. Boss is killed with no issue... aside from the growling. lol

So we continue and on the way down to Karsh one of the DPS tells him he really needs to figure out how to turn off his pet's growl because with the mechanics needed, if he pulls off the tank at the wrong moment it could wipe the group. At that point we are called names because we are apparently too dumb to understand his plight. Kicked. Death knight gained. No problems for the rest of the run.
90 Human Priest
DPS don't seem to think so, at least from my experience. I actually had a dps tell me that he liked it in that area because he could just stand there and dps the whole time without having to move, then proceeded to get by every ground slam. But yanno, whatever.

recount = number pr(o)n

Like you said, DPS logic is derp a lot of the time. :\

It's rather interesting. A friend of mine tanked it in the doorway and it was great. Groups doing it - it's a 50/50 chance it will work.

I thought this was rather funny. I was leveling up my Shammy since for some reason I just prefer the play style on her. I had a friend on his Warrior (87) tanking for me to speed up the queues.

We got a decent group for Brewery but my tanking friend and I noticed the Ret liked to pull and/or attack whatever he wanted. My friend inspected him and found a whole bunch of lower Cata blues from normals and a polearm with no secondary's. I kindly suggested that he could get 372 gear in Jade Forest to help him out. You know, to ease the transition for alts. You know what he said?

"I have a level 90 Shammy. I like to earn my gear."

/facepalm

I wanted to say "Yeah and you're stellar 10k DPS in half tank gear is really helping us in here" but managed to keep my mouth shut.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually had a horrible tank today who (thankfully) logged out (he couldn't hold aggro if he was the only player, no idea what was up) - and... we got an INCREDIBLY solid DK tank in his place. Enough that I made a point of whispering him. His response? "Thanks, it's my first run tanking." He knew the fights. He knew his CDs and used them. And the one oops he did make (taking a bath in caustic stuff to suicide) he made no complaint and ran back while we continued the fight.

The dps stayed out of bad stuff. The tank only ran out of LoS once. Fast, clean runs. Got a couple achieves out of them, and they were good company.

Solid dps, great tank, and continued for several runs. Renewed my faith that there are some good ones out there in those randoms.
90 Pandaren Monk
Leveling another Mistweaver for another server. I'm level 20, so I'm still in Wailing Caverns territory. I get slotted in, well, no big deal, right?

The tank is a boomkin. The rogue is wearing int cloth. The mage is in full whites.

The only competent one player was my paladin. When the druid made it apparent he wasn't going to tank, this guy took up the mantle and did a damn good job. Still, there was no saving the rogue, who insisted he go off by himself to DPS adds, then blame me when I wouldn't heal him.

Eventually, we got the three superbads booted and got three more players, all of whom were great, except for the lock, who did nothing but berate our new tank for being a monk. Seriously, this guy was just spouting forth nonsense about how monk tanks ruin the game and take so much damage.
Edited by Fistlobster on 2/17/2013 11:49 PM PST
Went to queue for the holiday boss to test out my newly christened Guardian set, and saw the satchel was up for healers in random Heroic. I switch specs after I queue and wait. Dungeon pops, Temple of the Jade Serpent.

First thing I notice when I zone in is that the tank and 3 dps are all guildies. Considering my past experience with such groups, I was prepared for the worst. I was not disappointed.

Halfway through the trash leading up to Wise Mari, I notice the Priest isn't purplish and don't recall seeing her use Mind Flay (hard to miss a channeled beam). I look at Recount and see she's doing under 1k dps. Puzzled, I switch it over to Healing Done (the tank was at 454k w/ the Stamina buff, which, compared to my own 445k, wasn't that stellar, but he wasn't needing much healing up til now). I see the Priest is above me in heals. I inspect and lo and behold she's Discipline. Before I can soeak up, the tank is already in Mari's room so I hoof it in before I get locked out. During the fight:

Me: "-priest-, why are you Discipline?"
Warrior DPS: "Same reason you're Resto."
Me: "She's marked DPS and I'm the Healer..."
Warrior Tank: "YEAH -priest-!"

After the 4 adds are down and Mari's bubble goes down, the Priest just stands there and (I guess) just uses w/e offensive spells she could as Disc. By standing there, I mean she got hit by Wash Away every time it came around to her. Because I was dodging the water like you're supposed to, I left it to the Priest to heal herself if she wasn't going to do it properly, considering she's in Discipline. Boss takes a while but dies.

Warrior DPS: "Sorry, -priest- meant to click Healer when we queued."
Me: "Well I'd like to oblige but my OS is Guardian."

Strife & Peril is the usual bad; Ultimate Power every time.

Liu Flameheart is also the usal bad; Jade Fire is hard to not stand in, apparently.

Sha of Doubt we actually have one of the Figments of Doubt explode every time they're out, so we manage to get it down when I resign to casting Wrath & Moonfire. No epic mace for me, and just a lousy River's Heart in my satchel.

I need more coffee.
100 Tauren Druid

Uuuuuuuggghhh. smh

That is all.

I don't know when this "strategy" started making the rounds, but I sure wish I could travel back in time and kill the person who created it's grandfather, preventing such a strategy from being created.

1. It wastes time. Sure it's only about a 15 second kite to the door, but that's about a quarter of the total fight time.
2. Gives too much opportunity for a DPS to pull aggro.
3. LOS issues if everyone isn't on board.
4. Solves a problem that doesn't need to be solved.
90 Pandaren Priest
This is my new favorite. I suspect the guy was a griefer though.

Mogu'Shan Palace. You know how normally you go to the right, kill those mobs and roamers there, and continue through the hallway on the right? This tank zones in, goes LEFT in the room, continues straight past the left mobs in that main room up on the platform, aggros all those mobs, and completes the circuit by aggroing the mobs on the right as well. In one pull.

The group didn't have a chance. I left as soon as I got my corpse.
Edited by Shiunja on 2/18/2013 10:26 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]