Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 11

100 Tauren Druid
I really wish my life schedule allowed me time to play on weeknights. These weekend morning LFD/LFRs are going to kill me. A small sampling of my fun this weekend ...

H Scholo. You know how people say that you know you're in for "fun" when you get into an LFD and everyone else is in the same guild? Yup. I don't even notice until I get the feeling that for some reason, the first two mobs in the place are taking forever to die. I no longer have recount running on this toon, but if I were to guess, average dps was probably about 10k.

Fury Warrior: "hey tank, use battle shout."
Tank Warrior: "Don't have that."

Get to the top of the stairs. I'm standing on the ledge, ready for a jump down. Tank is right there with me ... and then he's walking down the stairs, politely asking the casters down there if they'd like to fight. That gets finished up, slowly. Then, tank decides he's pretty awesome, so he pulls the rest of the room, including Chillheart. Two DPS die immediately to ice wall, and spend the rest of the fight saying "REZ?" Seven minutes later, boss is dead, I rez, and we move on.

Barov is interesting, as tank decides that he doesn't need to clear the room before engaging the boss. Rattlegore is when it gets really fun. To start with, tank has the interesting method of dealing with the trash not by moving from Boneweaver to Boneweaver, but just standing in the middle of the room, trying to aggro the skeleton adds, leaving it up to the DPS to each individually choose and engage a Boneweaver. I've never used Innervate on trash before, but I did this time. Rattlegore comes up. Tank proceeds to tank and spank. No DPS seems to know how to get Bone Armor. I furiously spam heals, as I see Rattlegore's Rust stack move higher and higher ...

Me: "Could you move him?"
Me: "Please kite boss a bit"
Me: "Or we can see how high the stacks can go"

Rattlegore dies.

Tank: "Move who?"
100 Tauren Druid
The weekend continued with a little LFR ToES so I could get a touch more VP for the week. Protectors and Tsulong go much better than I'd normally expect on a Sunday morning. One of the tanks leaves after Tsulong. We clear trash while waiting for a new tank.

New Tank: "Hey - haven't done this before, anything I should know?"
Old Tank: "Taunt off me at 15 stacks, get adds if you don't have boss"
New Tank: "OK."

Lei Shi ripples a couple times, then we start. And I watch as DBM announces to me as Old Tank's debuff stack grows ... 24, 27, 30, 33 ...

Old Tank: "Taunt"

42, 45, 48 ...

Old Tank: "Taunt"

That's pretty well the fight. Old tank dies twice. New Tank gets kicked before Sha.

I did, however, end the weekend with a surprisingly enjoyable Seige of Nuiz...

Came in after 1st boss was dead, no idea what happened to the first boss. Make our way up the tree. But DK tank is losing aggro to everyone, including me, so I start standing on top of him, hoping he'll hold aggro that way. There's no moving the mobs out of shields, which is fun. But he acknowledges it with a "Sorry if I'm a bad tank". At this point, some melee dps says "First time for me, let me know if there's anything special".

On our way to boss #2, I just say "Hey new guy, stay on top". We win, even if someone else makes a nice faceplant over the edge. On the way to boss #3: "Just bomb the boss's shield, avoid blade rush." When new guy gets hit by two blade rushes in a row: "Yeah, those blade rushes." But no wipe, boss dies.

Me: "we'll go back and forth on the platform, practice your wind running"

New guy apparently took the running to heart ... kept running towards the boss when wind switched, and ran right off the edge.

But all is good.

New Guy: "Thanks all. Can I get a rez?"
Priest: "Can't reach"
Priest casts levitate.
Priest jumps.
Priest dies.
Prist: "lol"

I smile, try to Mass Rez, then bow out.
90 Pandaren Priest
Dinged 90 on this char yesterday, put on my 480 holiday necklace, my 476 staff, and my 476 robe, bought 3 jp items including 1 from Dom Offensive so my ilevel wasn't horrible. Queued up for H Brewery, actually went well. I won 3 items making me happy.

Then got H SM. Tank is heading to left group of zombies. Ret paly heads to the right, then brings the mobs over to us. Between the 2 of them they pulled the whole courtyard, up to the boss in 1 pull. I *did* take the deserter debuff after that fiasco, did something else for 30 minutes, then got an amazing group in H Shado-Pan.
100 Draenei Priest
Ran a bunch of randoms and LFR's that would make a healer cry. But I was on my Mage (Who I recently changed to Alliance) so I wasn't worried about it.

To be honest I sometimes enjoy bad parties where stuff is happening that probably shouldn't be, it can give me a stretch for the day since most of the time Renew + Serenity is enough to keep most tanks up if their face-rolling sometimes hits a few CD's. As my Mage, my ability to carry a group through bad is extremely limited though. So I just sit back and laugh at the shenanigans and everyone getting mad at everyone else.

Just yesterday had a Mogushan Palace where the Warrior tank kept losing aggro to everyone in the first few pulls because they didn't have Defensive Stance on. After a half-wipe we finally realized the problem.

A Niuzau temple where the DK tank chain-pulled the entire instance. The first boss was even dragged partway down the hall into some more packs of mobs. I also like the part where we tried skipping some mobs, aggro'd a small pack, and the jackass told us to "Just Die", instead of killing them, which of course took longer because we had to rez the dead, of which I was among.

A scarlet Monastery run where the hunter kept pulling everything for the tank (And the tank would then divert his attention to unnecessary pulls off to the side on top of that).

First half of MV LFR, Druid tank was plowing through everything with his face with little thought to the fact the other tank was new. On Feng some Pally healer stood with Arcane resonance in the melee long enough for literally all of them to die to it. I'd be mad at the Pally for that but the melee could have perhaps moved in those five seconds, so they are all at fault. Oh lets not forget the Shamy healer who was complaining and shouting obscenities at the tiniest things. Many luls were had that night.

I'm convinced that baddies I meet are mostly on my Mage. At least I have invisibility on her.
90 Draenei Priest
My favourite is upon zoning in to an instance I'll tell people, "Changing spec, out of mana, please wait."

Then at about the same time that my respec has finished four people are dead because they started pulling trash as soon as they zoned in, expecting the healer to be immediately healing.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/25/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Dosrina
On Feng some Pally healer stood with Arcane resonance in the melee long enough for literally all of them to die to it. I'd be mad at the Pally for that but the melee could have perhaps moved in those five seconds, so they are all at fault.

If memory serves me, Arcane Resonance's damage is amplified based on the amount of people hit by it, so if the HPally was standing in the melee, that'd be a ton of damage.

Got a new laptop but WoW is downloading at a pain-staking pace.
100 Gnome Priest
Just had a great run.

Tank seemed to lose progressively more max health as the dungeon went on, until I finally inspect him and notice he isn't wearing several pieces of gear. I ask in party chat, "Hey tank, why aren't you wearing pants?"

His response? "I was kinda hoping we could take this healer-tank relationship to the next level."

This was followed by a constant stream of innuendo from everyone in the party for the remainder of the dungeon.

lolol!!
100 Human Paladin
The thing said that made me cringe the most while healing a dungeon was...

"I am standing in AoE for vengeance"

I was healing something, don't remember what since it was a while ago (I think it was a Cata heroic) and the tank was standing in AoE, I kindly asked him to move out of it giving him the benafit of the doubt that he messed up or something. I got the response said above and just stopped healing him, worst part was that I couldn't kick him because of the 'A player cannot be kicked while in combat or shortly after' and he kept running up and pulling
Edited by Cielwinne on 2/26/2013 7:29 PM PST
90 Draenei Priest
This was some time ago but I was healing on my shaman, who is also draenei, and I got a warrior trying to cyber with me. I respond with a lot of nonsense like "sounds complicated" or "draenei wax" to the stuff he's sending me.

After a while I get "you are a girl, right?"

I let a long pause waft by.

"YOU ARE A GIRL, RIGHT?"

I reply "you should have asked that a while ago huh?". Left party ^ ^
90 Pandaren Shaman
Lets keep the ball rolling.

I, once again, Had a Tank tell me Healers didnt need Mana to heal, and Spirit was a DPS stat. idk whether he was series or trolling, but its the forth time this expansion.
90 Pandaren Monk
Low level dungeon on my paladin, with DPS.

"LOL LOOK AT THS HEELR, NOT WEARING PLATE"

"I can only wear plate at level 40 and there isn't any plate healer heirlooms."
Is what I would've said if I wasn't votekicked out of the group before I could say anything.
100 Draenei Shaman
This was some time ago but I was healing on my shaman, who is also draenei, and I got a warrior trying to cyber with me. I respond with a lot of nonsense like "sounds complicated" or "draenei wax" to the stuff he's sending me.

After a while I get "you are a girl, right?"

I let a long pause waft by.

"YOU ARE A GIRL, RIGHT?"

I reply "you should have asked that a while ago huh?". Left party ^ ^

LOL, This reminds my of 2 things that happened to me AGES ago, probably.... 3+ years?

First story

Back when you needed a 58+ character on a server to make a DK I made a female night elf druid (named Redfish, bonus points if anyone gets the reference). While I was running around on her I got caught into a conversation with this guy, I thought we were just having a nice friendly chat and then he asks what I'm like in real life. I'm a little confused but describe myself and then he gets confused because he thought I was a girl because I was playing a girl character and lied to him about being a girl...... I never said I was....

Anyway, he starts raging about me being a perv for playing a female character but being a guy in real life and starts threatening to get his brother to bash me up. I'm Australian and earlier in the conversation he said he was American so I remind him of this fact and asked if his brother would really fly here just to bash me, he said he would. I can't remember much more of that event, but if Blizzard didn't want people playing characters the oposite gender to themselves then they would have probably had it locked based on your account details, but that'd be a dumb move.

Second story

Back when I was leveling Chainjoi in about mid-WotLK i had a Gnomer run and someone said that my character was rather cute. Not really relevant but it was the other thing that it reminded me of.
On my leveling monk .......

The tank starts off by clearing the first room of Mogu'shan Palace. The entire room. One slow pull at a time.

Meanwhile the hunter wants to tame one of the stone dogs. He says, "Hang on let me get one of these puppies." But that must mean something different where this tank is from, because he kept Death Gripping the dog away from the poor hunter.

We wipe on the first "boss fight" because the tank and the next-best tank didn't move out of the Vortex of Death.

ugh.
90 Pandaren Monk
On my leveling monk .......

The tank starts off by clearing the first room of Mogu'shan Palace. The entire room. One slow pull at a time.

Meanwhile the hunter wants to tame one of the stone dogs. He says, "Hang on let me get one of these puppies." But that must mean something different where this tank is from, because he kept Death Gripping the dog away from the poor hunter.

We wipe on the first "boss fight" because the tank and the next-best tank didn't move out of the Vortex of Death.

ugh.

His mentality was probably "DONT WORRY GAIZ I GOT DIS"
100 Night Elf Priest
I got into LoS, immediately GS'd and HW:Serenity'd her then went to Flash Heal (being positive that no other heal would make it in time) and she jukes back out of line of sight. I had no time to adjust and she went down fast. The rest of us followed, though it took a bit of time and we nearly had it with some quick snares/slows.

She proceeds to ask where the healing was and why I was so slow.

Clearly it was your fault for trying to Flash Heal instead of Leap of Faith.

More seriously, i hate LoS in that damn room. And tanks that don't realize that those mobs actually hit kind of hard. And dps that facepull/failtab.

I know, right? At least she would have been a flying corpse instead of just a pathetic crumply one.

The worst thing was that the tank had barely more health than my belf priest and said she'd successfully done it multiple times before. I took that to mean she'd lucked into healers geared like this priest and/or warned her other healers ahead of time and didn't LoS them. :|
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just left a Mogu'shan Palace, tank decides to pull everything in the first room (not exactly all at once, more like chain pulling groups at a time), DPS stand in the thunder AOEs, I'm getting stunned and AOEd and trying desperately to heal through things while my mana and health plummet. I popped divine hymn, for crying out loud.

The tank died. I just kind of went NOPE and got the hell out of there.
90 Tauren Druid
I'm a derp.

Was doing heroics a couple days ago to cap off valor and got Temple of the Mindnumbing Boredom. The pally tank took off like his pants were on fire before my screen even loaded and skipped over Wise Mari, heading for the storybook hallway. I had to pop cat form and dash over to throw an NS on him because Mr. Superman apparently isn't as durable as he thinks he is.

Peril and Strife took forever to go down because the dps were terrible (tank was doing 42% of overall damage), and then we find out that the door doesn't open until Mari is dead. So we head back over there and down him. On the way back out I completely blank on the fact that there is a doorway to the next area off to the left as you exit Mari's room and I take the long way around. As I'm running I notice the group's health start to drop - because the tank had pulled all of the sha. By the time I arrive the tank and two dps are dead, but I b-rez the tank and the dps run back in and it's only a partial wipe.

I felt so embarrassed, and was shocked that nobody said anything or votekicked me, even though it was the tank's fault for biting off more than he could chew when I wasn't there.

And for the first time ever, I fell on Elegon. The fight is so pants-crappingly boring that I was pretty much healing on autopilot while daydreaming, when I suddenly noticed the lightning pillars were up. So I hit cat form and dash off, swearing all the way, and the tips of my paws brush the edge of safety just as the floor falls in and I plummet into the Pit of Shame.
Got a satchel run earlier for the Scarlet half with Flameweaver. My gear isn't stellar by any means, and at this time I was still in the ilvl 450ish range trying DESPERATELY to replace my chest,legs, and trinket.

Squishiest. PallyTank. Ever. One of the dps rops after we nearly wipe on the archery guy after the targets and while we wait for another one I inspect the tank.

Healing neck/rings. AGILITY sword. And pvp gear. New dps zone in, and it is a DK, who switches specs. I take the off chance he just changed out of blood to be dps and whisper him about it. Thank goodness he was. He goes blood but keeps frost presence on, and nicely, surreptitiously picks stuff up when the pally slacks. I have to spam channeled surges and/or healing spheres on this guy to keep him up most of the time and popping Life Cocoon on trash.

On Armsmaster the pally picks up ZERO of the adds. I am using leg sweep/transcendence to kite the little guys until the DK picks them up. Unfortunately tank bites it in second Blades of Light, I do as well since I missed it happening all together I was so distracted with adds. Lock bresses neither of us, dies, DK pops blood presence, he and the rogue barely finish it off with the rogue dying and dk at 14% hp. Luckily for us he had mass res too.

More messy, OOM-ey trash, those darn guys right before Flameweaver are so terrible with that stacking dot too. Lock bites the Dragon's Breath twice, but we live. I drop group to go open my satchel and what do I get?

A health pot that a guildie had made me like sixty of already.
02/28/2013 11:41 PMPosted by Xiggy
And for the first time ever, I fell on Elegon. The fight is so pants-crappingly boring that I was pretty much healing on autopilot while daydreaming, when I suddenly noticed the lightning pillars were up. So I hit cat form and dash off, swearing all the way, and the tips of my paws brush the edge of safety just as the floor falls in and I plummet into the Pit of Shame.

This toon's first time on Elegon tonight, and NO ONE FELL AT ALL. I was astonished.
90 Pandaren Monk
02/28/2013 11:44 PMPosted by Yorue

This toon's first time on Elegon tonight, and NO ONE FELL AT ALL. I was astonished.

Blasphemy. It is required that you feed a sacrifice to the pit god. This is an ill omen.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]