Fire Mage Arena Guide

90 Undead Mage
Just posted "How to make effective swaps in arena as a Fire Mage" instructional guide. There will be a longer more in-depth version on nextlevelpvp . com. Hope this helps you guys get some juicy swap kills.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84bwSEC5JoU&list=UUfeaD828rBBXgpaBP59XmjQ&index=1
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Watched it before work, and while I didn't necessarily learn anything new from this specific video, I have to say I REALLY love that you rehearsed this one. It's was a refreshing change, I always thought your videos were missing something, and that one felt completely perfect! Keep up the good work sir. :]
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
Thanks Hansol! I hope you don't mind if I share some tips I've figured out for myself here.

Two things I've found helpful for setting up swaps...
For context, I generally use frostjaw for my first 2 crits and then use fnova for the deep.

However, sometimes I'll get in this situation:
We'll go for a kill on the healer to force trinkets or bubble. The healer trinkets and escapes, to a pillar. If I get a random instant pyro 15-20 seconds before deep freeze is available again, I'll frostjaw an off target and wind up a fireball->pom. Because it's an off target, I don't normally have to worry about the frostjaw being broken early. It hits pretty hard, which often scares the healer using a defensive cooldown or moving into a bad position. At this point, you can either follow through with a fnova->deep on the off target or you can swap back to the healer for a kill. I've found it to be a good feint with an option to follow through.

Swapping to mages:
I generally find mages to be pretty hard to set up on. Something I like to do is - I put a living bomb on the mage and his pet at about the same time, so they detonate at about the same time. I scorch spam the pet, fishing for crits (maybe the pet will die). And I also put a living bomb on the primary kill target. The healer often has to work so hard to keep the primary kill target alive through the burst rotations, that they often let the mage's health slide to the 50% mark. Especially since he eats double living bomb explosions as long as his pet is on follow. When this happens, a frostjaw -> fireball + pyroblast on the mage will often knock them out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Does anyone else think of the movie Zoolander when you see his name??
Reply Quote
21 Worgen Priest
02/04/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Intérnét

WTB race change to Belf and have him do a runway.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
02/04/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Intérnét

Every time. I love that movie.
Reply Quote
Nice video sir Hansol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Thanks Hansol! I hope you don't mind if I share some tips I've figured out for myself here.

Two things I've found helpful for setting up swaps...
For context, I generally use frostjaw for my first 2 crits and then use fnova for the deep.

However, sometimes I'll get in this situation:
We'll go for a kill on the healer to force trinkets or bubble. The healer trinkets and escapes, to a pillar. If I get a random instant pyro 15-20 seconds before deep freeze is available again, I'll frostjaw an off target and wind up a fireball->pom. Because it's an off target, I don't normally have to worry about the frostjaw being broken early. It hits pretty hard, which often scares the healer using a defensive cooldown or moving into a bad position. At this point, you can either follow through with a fnova->deep on the off target or you can swap back to the healer for a kill. I've found it to be a good feint with an option to follow through.

Swapping to mages:
I generally find mages to be pretty hard to set up on. Something I like to do is - I put a living bomb on the mage and his pet at about the same time, so they detonate at about the same time. I scorch spam the pet, fishing for crits (maybe the pet will die). And I also put a living bomb on the primary kill target. The healer often has to work so hard to keep the primary kill target alive through the burst rotations, that they often let the mage's health slide to the 50% mark. Especially since he eats double living bomb explosions as long as his pet is on follow. When this happens, a frostjaw -> fireball + pyroblast on the mage will often knock them out.

Yep, you can actually frostjaw to get a pyro into a deep freeze if you can get it off fast enough before the frostjaw breaks. I didn't think about the pom fireball thing though as I don't use PoM.

As for swapping mages, you can get a pyro proc, deep freeze them into a blanket silence so they can't blink it. Pyro > Combust > Pyro, and then global them. Thanks for watching! :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Hansol , need you to get the Firelord title, no one is as deserving of it as you. H.FL gogogo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]