Loading with different configurations

90 Troll Priest
Is it possible for me to load WoW with different system settings?

e.g. WoW Instance 1 == Ultra Settings
WoW Instance 2 == Low settings

I know I can do this manually, but I'd like to see if I can do a short cut such as:

WoW -something "Path\to\config"
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
90 Draenei Mage
e.g. WoW Instance 1 == Ultra Settings
WoW Instance 2 == Low settings

Is this for multiboxing purposes ?

I'm afraid I don't know that much about it. Wowpedia.org may have some guides on it you could search through.

AFAIK most of the settings you would want to be turning down are in the config.wtf. Not sure if config-cache.wtf in the WTF folder needs to be swapped out either.

I know I can do this manually, but I'd like to see if I can do a short cut such as:

WoW -something "Path\to\config"

Not sure if there's a parameter for that on the wow.exe program. Can you run strings on it like you can in Linux to search on various parameter strings ?

I guess you could do it by having 2 versions of the config.wtf and config-cache.wtf files and just build a batch script that takes an argument to swap them out.

Your an addon writer. I'm sure you can figure it all :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I ended up with a maze of symbolic links.

If I die, I doubt anyone will be able to trace what I was doing.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Priest
   You could use a BAT file.. The success of something like this depends on what you're trying to do, though. Of course, as always no liability if you delete important stuff or mess up, heh.. Something like

1) Set up all the settings you'd like for high-settings, go to ../WoW install/WTF/ and make a copy of the config.wtf named config-high.off

2) Set up all the settings you'd like for low-settings, go to ../WoW install/WTF/ and make a copy of the config.wtf named config-low.off

3) Create two bat files for each setting. Paths will have to be right for your computer. Double click either of the bat files to start wow with those settings.

High Settings.bat
------------------
del "../WoW install/WTF/config.wtf"
copy "../WoW install/WTF/config-high.off" "../WoW install/WTF/config.wtf"
"../WoW install/World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"
-----------------

Low Settings.bat
------------------
del "../WoW install/WTF/config.wtf"
copy "../WoW install/WTF/config-low.off" "../WoW install/WTF/config.wtf"
"../WoW install/World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"
-----------------

Dunno if it actually works, try it, heh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you have more than 1 drive on your PC, try installing WoW on each one. I do this for multiboxing, and it allows you to adjust graphics settings since they are separate entities.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]