rogues aer too op next patch

48 Undead Rogue
Oh no. Only 5 months of being broken/UP. It would be a shocking travesty if we were more powerful against other classes come 5.2.

02/04/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Swantonist
My mage friend can do absolutely nothign to peel me when i am using shadow dance..

How about use a CD he already burned because he's only mediocre mage? And how do you close w/out stealth and no ShD? Just waddle around and somehow apply enough pressure he's already burned all defensive CDs before you ShD? Good mage and you'll only be able to close with C&D during your Dance/vanish. Bad mage = you win.

: )
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
i don't know why you all want to be OP. wouldn tyou have rerolled warrior by now???

02/07/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Cadavette
How about use a CD he already burned because he's only mediocre mage? And how do you close w/out stealth and no ShD?

Cos to break roots ? along with vanish?? If i shadow dance while they are far away and they blink anything i can stay on them. pretty much infinite shadow step. don't say they are a mediocre mage if they cant counter that. maybe you just need to get better
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
02/08/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Swantonist
pretty much infinite shadow step.

Hyperbole much?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I hate hunters more than I hate any other clas... so If I can kill BM with it. I'm happy.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
we would have been fine with prep back and the extra energy.. but shuriken toss and cloak and dagger makes rogues unstoppable. My mage friend can do absolutely nothign to peel me when i am using shadow dance.. my shuriken tosses last night could crit upwards of 40k both of us in full tyrannical and gemmed into resil...

don't make rogues op!!! remove the extra damage from shuriken toss and replace cloak and dagger with somethigng else. it is too powerful when combined with shadow dance and subterfuge

Leave the community.
Reply Quote
48 Undead Rogue
02/08/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Swantonist
Cos to break roots ? along with vanish?? If i shadow dance while they are far away and they blink anything i can stay on them. pretty much infinite shadow step. don't say they are a mediocre mage if they cant counter that. maybe you just need to get better

Oh no, you mean not being able to be peeled every minute is OP, and the rest of the time waddle around slowed/rooted? Oh, right, CoS/van. I can use that a whole bunch compared to the the number of slows/roots mages have. Yeah. The class that can kite without thinking about it needs to think about it? Heart breaking. Lets face it, if GC isn't worried, mages don't really need to worry. We're gonna 'wreck mages', and I need to play better?

Oh, and 1 v 1 has never been balanced. Go use your "I dueled by buddy, and I'm OP" story somewhere else. I have a feeling you are that mage.

: P
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
02/04/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Swantonist
My mage friend can do absolutely nothign to peel me

Have him try plugging in his keyboard.
Edited by Lupita on 2/9/2013 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I don't understand why another rogue would tell me to "leave the community" when i am making a valid point as to why a rogue is overpowered. I have dueled my mage friend before and been beaten by her. On the Ptr i could kill her in seconds after she blocked. If any of you were to duel a ranged class that depends on kiting on the ptr then you'd see my point.

I want rogues to be strong, but not at the cost of being nerfed later. I can tell soem of you are very happy about the upcoming buffs considering how average rogues are at the moment compared to other classes. But it's hypocritical to say you deserve to be OP when you cry about mages and warriors being PO.

Oh, and 1 v 1 has never been balanced. Go use your "I dueled by buddy, and I'm OP" story somewhere else. I have a feeling you are that mage.

that's just hypocritical considering you're saying

02/09/2013 01:51 AMPosted by Cadavette
Oh, right, CoS/van. I can use that a whole bunch compared to the the number of slows/roots mages have. Yeah. The class that can kite without thinking about it needs to think about it?

why would you care or type this even if you recognized 1v1 being unbalanced?

Also the "feeling" you have that i am a mage. Have you looked at the past posts on this thread? i have two 90 rogues on separate servers and factions.. I'm pretty invested in this class.
Reply Quote
I only read 3 posts in this thread, and it was everything I thought it could be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 01:58 AMPosted by Bullsdontmoo
In response to rogue: Shuriken was given as a means to keep pressure on the target. If you beat your mage friend in a duel because of shuriken, he is doing something wrong. I've fought some really good mages who pummel me, even without their frost pet. Tell your mage friend to utilize their cooldowns effectively.

i already mentioned that this mag was able to beat me on live. So they know how to use their cooldowns. the whole reason i made this thread is because of how easily i was able to beat them on the ptr despite their skill.

The ability cloak and dagger doesn't break roots and doesn't ignore los anymore. so this thread doesn't matter anymore
Reply Quote
93 Undead Rogue
02/10/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Swantonist
The ability cloak and dagger doesn't break roots and doesn't ignore los anymore. so this thread doesn't matter anymore

Aw. I wasn't really tempted to try it, but now it doesn't hold a candle to ShS in my (flawed, lol) mind.

But really, I wasn't trying to be rude (even though I was, sorry- I'm a flawed person). ShS has always given me the mobility I needed to kick/gouge my target/focus. I couldn't imagine how C&D could replace such functionality without burning all my CDs. I'm not a nelf, and don't want to burn a vanish to keep from being kited.

I guess C&D being nerfed shows that GC was, in fact, worried. I have to concede that you might have been correct. Time may tell? Maybe we'll see another version of C&D sometime in the future.

: )

edit: Well played, btw. Maybe we should have more people like you on the dev/test play team. I guess the real challenge is coming up with a really good alternative to ShS that doesn't go too far. I like the idea of this tier being things that modify ShS, maybe that time will come. Blizz has never been great at making choices that are equivalent, this is why the new system (though easier, as should be) hasn't changed max/min speccing.
Edited by Jamalia on 2/10/2013 3:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It never should have broken roots and gone through LoS in the first place. I am pretty sure that was a bug.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
rogues op? better nerf irelia. wait wrong game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
From this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200052044
To this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811482229#10

Log on more alts Swantonist

lol right on
you should get hired to take down rival political candidates
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
From this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200052044
To this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811482229#10

Log on more alts Swantonist

lol right on
you should get hired to take down rival political candidates

this is kind of late but i thought i would reply.

what do you mean by log on more alts?? what do those two quotes have to do with anything?? rogues suck this patch and are op next patch... i dont see what your point is
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I think of it this way. The rogues that are going through the trials now are conditioned to play much better because of how lackluster the class is in comparison to other classes. Just like it was for warriors. When you have to go for a while without a bone you learn how to play differently. It isn't faceroll. So when you do get a bone thrown your way you are pretty unstoppable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
More people who have never broken 1500 rating in any bracket should make declarations about balance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/16/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Discoepfeand
More people who have never broken 1500 rating in any bracket should make declarations about balance.

Well, my rogue play isn't arena level but I do think 5.2 is going to be a turnaround for rogues. Especially because of the prep baseline.

No, we don't have DK like damage but so what? I can control very well even in greens. Did well enough today to win 10 games in 2s. I always seem to have one more CC. What is that going to be like when I'm ilvl 500+?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
does this guy play a warrior or something, i swear hes a plant
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]