Fear ward useless?

Speacially as disc priest, i feel like that is a useless spell if you just throw it on yourself, you have to hold it and try to use right before you THINK you're going to get feared.
Every class has a dispel and we dont have that much buffs to cover it, not to mention the PSYFIEND bug that removes your fear ward.

IMO, blizz should change the glyph to:
make the glyph change it so it can be usable while feared to remove your fear
or the glyph make it undispelable

or

at least when u successfull ward a fear, make the it start a diminish return...

just my 2 cents..
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
/agree
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't think it's useless. It just takes a little timing and skill to use it correctly. However, I do think those glyph changes would be pretty awesome. Useable while feared especially.
Reply Quote
Nepotonje
90 Tauren Druid
Paroxysm

I don't think it's useless. It just takes a little timing and skill to use it correctly. However, I do think those glyph changes would be pretty awesome. Useable while feared especially.

yes, i know its a skilled move to use it right before getting feared, but as a priest (the only way out of cc is trinket) most of times this is what define if you lose or win, the amount of cc at this game now is huge, and we have no outs other than trinket =/

i always save it up to when i feel im getting feared, most of times, the fear comes following another cc, so my partners die and i still have the fear ward =(
Edited by Dioneslol on 2/5/2013 2:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
From a PvE point of view, it can really save the day on a few fights, like Grand Empress and Sha of Fear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Try to anticipate when you'll get feared and use it just before that.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I like to use it on myself when I and the other healer is about to get hit by that long fear debuff on Empress (i.e. no one can dispel us).

But I imagine you were speaking particularly about PvP. :P
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 07:06 AMPosted by Nixxe
Try to anticipate when you'll get feared and use it just before that.

i try that always, not trying to look good or arrogant, but im a gladiator priest, that has 2400 experience from this season, even with disc being bad for pvp.

against a shadowpriest, you can predict fear most of times, but against a warlock with blood fear its not human possible to predict (lol)

against a warrior they just have so much mobility that make it impossible to predict, and most of times they charge to use it, so its impossible to use while stunned.

and again as i said before, 80% of the time you get fear, is after another CC, as a priest i cant get ou of cc with (tree form, bubble, iceblock(symbiossis), tremor, bop, shapeshifting...)
we for sure have shadow word:death to work with, but right now is a glyph that we barerly have room to use, and we lose to much to have it, not to count that most of the cc is instant cast, and some other cant be broke by sw:d like fear.

having death is not an excuse too, because every other healer have tools to avoid cc before it happens, to list some:

Hand of sacrifice, displacer beast, grounding totem, wind shear, the monk roll, shapeshifting, typhoon...

Edit. sry all my experience is around a PVP scenario, but i think those changes will not change the PVE balance, i think it will balance more PVE, since Undead are way better than other races for some fights with fear.
Edited by Dioneslol on 2/5/2013 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
02/05/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Dioneslol
i try that always, not trying to look good or arrogant, but im a gladiator priest, that has 2400 experience from this season, even with disc being bad for pvp.

Oh, I didn't check your rating or anything.

WELP

You're far beyond anything I have to say because I just chillax around 2200 when I try. I also haven't done Arena or PVP'd much at all since S9. So I'll just take your word for it. Usually people posting here are like 1200 and wondering why they lose to double healer comps or something else equally dumb.

I do agree that it's rather outdated though and needs to be buffed.
Reply Quote
until that season, everything was ok, warriors have fear with 2 minutes cd, they ddint had that much mobility, locks had casted fear that makes possible to predict, and shadow/discipline priest have to be in meele range to fear and they dont have any habilitys to get close to you.

but now, locks have insta fear, warrios have much more mobility and fear is 1 minute cd, shadow and disc still the same, but the amount of cc that blizz put in the game for this expansion is huge. Example

A popular comp today Warrior, Hunter, Holy Pally

they have:

Hunter
Scatter Shot 4seconds instant cast.
Freezing trap 8 seconds instant cast.
Silence shot 3 seconds instant cast.
Couple cc's that certain pets have 4 seconds instant cast.

Warrior
Intimidation Shout 8 seconds instant cast.
Shockwave 4 seconds instant cast.

Pally
Hammer of justice 6 seconds instant cast.
Blind 6 seconds instant cast.
Repenteance 8 seconds 1.5s cast reduce by haste.

you must imagine how hard is to keep your partner alive, with all that cc on top of the High damage that those classes have, as you can see is all instant cast but repenteance, and most of then is ranged so reallly hard to avoid, specially has a priest that has no mobility spells.

Another popular comp Shadow Priest, Resto druid, Mage

Fear 8s
Sheep 8s and can be repeat
cyclone 6s and can be repeat
psyfiend 8s and can be repeat
counter spell 4s and 6s lockout
silence 5seconds
deep freeze 4 seconds
bash 5 seconds
druid roar 3 seconds
ring of frost 8 seconds ....
Edited by Dioneslol on 2/5/2013 7:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Naaaah, I kinda like it ay. I don't really want it changed.
Reply Quote
dont use the glyph then :]
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
NMB
My biggest issue is that it only lasts 3 mins.

If it lasted longer, say 15 min (with a 3 min cd), I wouldn't have to reapply the damn thing every 3 mins.

It could have a limitation to only be castable on one target at a time if the duration was extended.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My biggest issue is that it only lasts 3 mins.

If it lasted longer, say 15 min (with a 3 min cd), I wouldn't have to reapply the damn thing every 3 mins.

It could have a limitation to only be castable on one target at a time if the duration was extended.

I'd rather see it drop down to a 1-1.5min cooldown with a 1-1.5min duration. A simple 1-time fear immunity isn't powerful enough to warrant a 3min cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
So in other words, make Fear ward a unskillful ability to pop when feared? nty, we already have enough brain dead healers in the game as it is. I don't need to name " those " healers either since it's obvious.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Warlion
So in other words, make Fear ward a unskillful ability to pop when feared? nty, we already have enough brain dead healers in the game as it is. I don't need to name " those " healers either since it's obvious.

I prefer saying, "balance" disc priest, i dont know if you notice that, but we are the worst healer of the game atm (FOR PVP) and everything we do, others healers can do better.

playing at 2200+ right now, ward is the diference between living or dying, and we should not be punished that hard, because we ddint read the enemy mind, or even if we did, we was in a previous cc and could do nothing about it.
Edited by Dioneslol on 2/7/2013 1:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]