New to RP and Looking for a Friendly Home

45 Undead Mage
Hello Ravenholdt. I've been interested in trying my hand at RP for some time, and I finally decided to roll a RP character. Being new to RP I'm looking for a guild and/or group of people who would be willing to help a new RPer learn the ropes.

I've done a bunch of reading up on the basic expectations and practices employed by the RP community (as well as lore of course). However reading will only get one so far, and I am at the point where I want to get Corvick's bony feet wet.

Can anyone suggest some good, Horde side guilds that provide a community I could contribute to as well as help me learn the ropes of RPing?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hi there Corvick. I looked for you in game today. Sorry I missed you.

I assume you are role playing your new Forsaken mage so here are my suggestions.

Guild #1: The Order of the Forsaken -All Forsaken Guild.

Guild #2: Nightgloom Hollow - A mix of all races.

If you need RP advice or tips, add me and contact me in game.

Welcome to the World of Warcraft!
Reply Quote
Hello there and welcome to Ravenholdt!

It's always exciting to see new roleplayers come to Ravenholdt, no matter what faction they're on. I agree with Sisanej: The guilds she recommended seem to be great guilds. I would also recommend hopping over to the RP Sanctum (ravenholdt.us) to meet some more people in Ravenholdt's RP community. There are definitely people over there who can help point you in the right direction. It always helps to feel welcome when you know some people in the community, plus there's some guides for new RPers.

If you develop more of an idea of what you're looking for in a guild, be sure to let us know! A lot of the guilds have different focuses, so there's a decent variety in guilds. For example, some are more friendly to the Alliance and others are more bloodthirsty.

Best of luck to you in your guild search and I hope to see you on the Sanctum and in-game!
Reply Quote
Throm'ka friend! I welcome you! The Unyielding Force of Lore would welcome a Forsaken such as yourself if you are keen to a united Horde. There are some of your people who would see us broken to their own interests, but others choose the path of unity, which is ours! If you are a citizen of the Horde, you should speak to us, friend! Strength to you! "For the Lore and For the Horde!"

((We're a social all-around interest guild, so RP, RPPVP, PVE, and PVP are all welcome and regularly considered. Feel free to contact me in-game mail or by chat. You're welcome to read my main guild posting, "Ravenholdt Guild with RP interests." I'd be glad to help you learn to adjust to RP, though I would tell you the first thing I tell anyone. Project a part of yourself into your character! Good luck to you!))
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Welcome, Corvick! Always happy to see new people join us. As others have indicated, there are a number of options.

I also wholeheartedly agree with Aerana - come check us out on the Sanctum. That has a more user friendly presentation of what is going on in Ravenholdt RP.
Reply Quote
45 Undead Mage
Thanks for the input everyone!

Thanks for the guild suggestions, Sisanej. I actually came across The Order of the Forsaken using the in-game guild browser and am waiting to hear back from them. I'll also look into Nightgloom Hollow and Lorokos' guild as well.

I'll have to check out the Sanctum some more. I did briefly browse around there a couple days ago. It looks like a cool place to connect with fellow Ravenholdt players, so I'll definitely be stopping by there again.

I look forward to seeing where Corvick's adventures take him. Perhaps his path may even cross with some of yours.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Welcome!

Note that the "Welcome" given above should not be interpreted as a free pass. Still gonna stab ya. Nothing I can do about that.

Sometimes, my stabbin' hand just takes over. Got a mind of it's own. I'm all "dur de dur de dur happy peaceful time" and then I come to and there's bodies just laying there.

I guess you'll have some new friends to play with.

Please ...

stop my stabbing hand.

*cries*

There's too much blood ...

But, anyway, welcome to the server!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm late to a welcoming committee! >.<

Welcome to Ravenholdt!

Also,

02/05/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Aerana
I would also recommend hopping over to the RP Sanctum (ravenholdt.us) to meet some more people in Ravenholdt's RP community. There are definitely people over there who can help point you in the right direction. It always helps to feel welcome when you know some people in the community, plus there's some guides for new RPers.

Aerana here has this welcoming business down to a science.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
02/06/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Candela

Thank God she does. For a long time she was almost all alone. She is still the preeminent greeter, but by the ancestors a welcoming committee is good for her and our new neighbors.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda

Thank God she does. For a long time she was almost all alone. She is still the preeminent greeter, but by the ancestors a welcoming committee is good for her and our new neighbors.

You don't know how much I love seeing so many RPers on the forums welcoming new people to the server these days. You are all truly amazing and I'm thankful that you're around since I'm not able to post as quickly or as much these days. I'm sure that the newcomers appreciate it too!

*Hugs the Welcoming Committee*
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
02/06/2013 07:47 PMPosted by Aerana
so many RPers on the forums welcoming new people to the server these days

I refuse to participate in this.
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Lukar
so many RPers on the forums welcoming new people to the server these days

I refuse to participate in this.

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? *Hugs* Don't worry, Lukar, you can be a part of the committee too. It's never to late to post and be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
*stabs Lukar*

IT'S MA STABBIN' HAND, I SWEAR!

Mr. Lefthand' for grabbin',
Mr. Righthand's one's for stabbin',
The knife goes in quick, quick, quick
The sound of the knife goes stick, stick, stick,
Lay them abed
In the fields of the dead.
And we'll dance around
In the Deadman's town.

My stabbin' hand wrote that for you, Lukar.

It ... Likes ... You.

Also, it's not very good at poetry.
Edited by Stuyvesant on 2/18/2013 1:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Edited by Tîmelord on 3/4/2013 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
57 Gnome Monk
02/18/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Tîmelord
That was !@#$ing beautiful. Like the perfect snowflake.

It brought a tear to my eye.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]