Warlock RBG Damage Nerfed

90 Undead Warlock
Fire and Brimstone now has a radius of 10 yards (was 15 yards).

- From the latest PTR patch notes.

This is a nerf to our overall RBG damage as Fire and Brimstone accounts for a huge amount of our damage in RBGs. To be honest, I don't think this damage nerf was uncalled for personally since we presently can do ridiculous amounts of damage and even if, say, a Boomkin plays perfectly, no one can usually keep up (http://i.imgur.com/WANTo.jpg)

Essentially, Fire and Brimstone (with Mannoroth's Fury) goes from affecting everything within 33.52 yards of your target to within 22.36 yards of your target.
It still sucks to be nerfed, though.

thoughts?
Edited by Psyops on 2/5/2013 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
While maybe the nerf was justified, I think the 33% nerf was a little heavy handed. Especially when you look at what happened to our last ability that was nerfed by 33%.
Edited by Vreivai on 2/5/2013 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/05/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Vreivai
While maybe the nerf was justified, I think the 33% nerf was a little heavy handed. Especially when you look at what happened to our last ability that was nerfed by 33%.

Well, this nerf doesn't really affect PvE, so it's obvious Blizzard realized how strong FnB was in RBGs and decided to nerf it. As long as I can still compete, I'm fine with the nerf and thus far it seems like it won't hinder Warlock damage in RBGs excessively.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't know of any good warlock who liked this RBG style. It's too easy to top damage when all your spells have a 34 yd radius. Makes it feel like last season with multidotting (which was even worse) and who stacked more DoT classes/Cunnings.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Also important to note: this is a 55.5555556% reduction in the area covered by FnB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]