Tera has gone F2P

87 Blood Elf Paladin
Tera has gone F2P as of yesterday.

The game itself is pretty fun and does a good job with combat (BAMS and Bosses remind me quite a bit of Monster Hunter's combat system).

I know that many people opted out of trying the game in the past as it required a subscription (and who wants to spend more, especially when we're all paying for WoW already), but now that its free, there's no reason to not try it out.

I've had plenty of fun so far. Hope to see you all there!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How is Tera compared to WoW? I actually downloaded it and it wouldn't let me log in D:
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I'm downloading it right now. Going kinda slow, been looking to try out other MMO's Next on the list is Elder Scrolls Online
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
How are the F2P restrictions? If it's even half as bad as SW:TOR F2P I'm not touching it with a 6 feet pole.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I might give Tera a shot. I was always curious about it, but not enough to spend on it. I doubt I'd like it any better than TOR, though. TOR is a great game. I'm thinking I'll start up my sub for it again sometime this weekend.
Edited by Chunk on 2/8/2013 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/07/2013 07:51 PMPosted by Méo
How are the F2P restrictions? If it's even half as bad as SW:TOR F2P I'm not touching it with a 6 feet pole.

It's pretty decent IMO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Other than the queue times (which isnt bad considering that you get a bonus for waiting in the queue)

Its fun
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/08/2013 11:42 AMPosted by Icenome
Yet another MMO, now fallen to the point of having to go F2P.

the problem this time wasn't due to buggy issues or bad engines but rather the "Westernization" and controversary over one race in the game
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/08/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Chalanight
the problem this time wasn't due to buggy issues or bad engines but rather the "Westernization" and controversary over one race in the game

The West isnt the whole 'loli' thing you mean compared to Asia?
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
The queue times are a non factor if you're a founder (bought the game right before it went F2P so I get instant queues into the game) and if you're new there are new servers with no queue time.

The whole "loli" thing is pretty easily ignored as the western version of the game censored the controversial armor they had. And I mean, I don't play as one, so its even more of a non factor.

The game's combat system is a ton of fun, and grouping seems pretty fun too.

Love the graphics too. Its beautiful on Ultra at 60 FPS :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well if you get a hard copy of the game still, probably about 20 bucks, you get founder status
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Played the betas and would never play tera again!
Combat system was what killed that game. IOts what will kill eso also.
Most mmo players prefer a familiar combat system. These live action type of combat system feel to different.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Tera is fun but it became too grindy with too little point to the whole thing....If you play as a tank...GOOD luck, they are some of the slowest killer out there
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/10/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Thugangel
i was there when it started so i get golden dragon weapons, yay

Same.

Played the betas and would never play tera again!
Combat system was what killed that game. IOts what will kill eso also.
Most mmo players prefer a familiar combat system. These live action type of combat system feel to different.

The combat system is pretty much the best part of the game. What damaged the game was boring repetitive quests, grind, and a lack of end game content.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I use to play right when it opened *Points to collector's box* and I rather enjoyed the whole experience of TERA. When killed it for me at the time was the subscription and lonely empty feeling as my friends didn't follow :(

But now playing on the new F2P setup, I think they have something going and get some more people in on this. TERA has at least made it easier to level and withstand the grind by (From what i've noticed but i could be wrong) Monsters, quests and Crafting all give more XP. Another thing that has helped for me enjoy the game is that I've managed to get some friends to party with me which further helps the grind with bonus party XP and also laughs on Skype.

All in all, Tera Rising is a nice change for the game and it might get it some more players and maybe from Elite Status and the Cash Shop, It just might get somewhere more then where it was before.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tera has improved tremendously. I loved it when it came out, but quit once I beat the game. Lack of end game hurt. That said, there's been class changes that have improved it, more end game, enchanting is better now, and the free to play model is awesome. I've noticed packed servers too.

All in all, it's probably my favorite MMO for now. WoW is still "comfortable " but I get more bang for buck from Tera atm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]