5.2 - Ret PVP Word of Glory needs fixing

100 Human Paladin
Here is the math (all based on 5.2 after PVP Power healing fix):

You spend 4 GCDs (about 5.8 secs with haste) if your are NOT CCd so you can TRADE the most damage dealing skill for a 38k healing (8% life).

This is not a joke, this is how the spell works.

Any DPS hits for 25k per second no burst (on Resil), meaning on the time we can trade DPS for healing we have taken about 150k damage on the time we get to trade damage for a 30k heal.

This is the biggest most reliable survival tool from the class that as Blizzard states "is able to outlast they're enemies".

Ret have a lot of problems on sustained DPS, makes no pressure out of CDs and the only way to try not to die is to trade the already abyssal damage for an pathetic healing. The MATH is broken.

At it is, Ret will never be able to make pressure and never be able to survive. Even if Ret is only doing TVs there is not enough sustained DPS. If Ret is only doing WoGs the heal is LESS than other DPS healing and Ret is trading damage for that as other specs are not (except for Rogue Recuperate) but even so, TV is about 30% of the damage and glyph reduce damage for 10% - this makes WoG an USELESS skill.

The only way WoG can keep someone alive is if there is HA active so you can heal for 125k over 10GCDs - wich is STUPID becouse ALL DPS healing habilities (Dark Regeneration, Exhiliration, Desperate Prayer, Cold Snap, Death Pact) heal for that and it takes only an GCD to activate it. If Ret takes any disarm/silence/CC Ret can't generate HP so he can't heal.

So if I use HA to WoG, hit Exo than WoG, than CS than WoG, than Judge, than WoG, than CS, than WoG I can heal for an instant button like almost all other specs have. BUT during this time (15 secs) I can ONLY use that habilities and in that order so I can heal - if ANYTHING happens (CC, LoS, bubble) that Ret can't hit for 1 GCD this means 25k less healing and mostly if Ret get an 8 secs fear this means 75k less healing.

All other specs heal for that amount with one button. Imagine if Lock get CC'd Dark Regeneration stops healing. Blizzard looked at if Second Wind is stoped by stun it whould be wrong, but they do not look at how Ret PVP works.

Not to mention that Ret DPS is OK using HA ofensive and not to survive. And during this time if you want to make the same amount of healing as other specs, besides not being CCd/LoS you will NOT be able to trow any utility/CC/etc during this time. Or else your 18 secs life saving CD will be wasted (I already told HA should work for 7 3HP generations instead of 18 secs so it's not that impaired by disarm/CC).

So Ret WoG for PVP is between completely useless and 10x worse than other specs version. Blessed Life won't solve becouse Ret trade GCD AND Damage for WoG - as you see the math, even if Ret have INFINITE Holy Power the healing amount of WoG whould be not enough. And on top of that Ret loses DPS for it, so this is the dumbest idea of all times.

My solution?

Sword of Light: Increases healing done by Word of Glory by 200% and has 10 secs CD.

So WoG will heal for 90k. This means Ret can only trade DPS for heals every 10 secs - THIS MAY LOOK OP - but is an actual 10k heal buff over 10 secs (becouse WoG is already weak as it is and Ret is already making less pressure/damage to do it). Why this is not OP? WoG as it is heal for 40k over 6 secs, this means 80k on 10 secs.

This buff will mean a 10% healing increase on WoG, 3 extra Holy Power over 10 secs, less GCD spend, increase Ret sustained AND survivability but not too much - the most of it, Ret becomes less impaired by CC, heal for a decent amount on demand.

On an alternative, bring back Last Word/Sacred Shield so to make the same numbers. Either way, Ret get a 10 secs CD worthy WoG or Ret is broken.
Reply Quote
Devs don't read pally forums.

Head to damage dealing, PTR or arena.

Just the facts, sir.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7811651352#1
Reply Quote
Shotgun-stylee.

Well played.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
pallys are going to suck this season they have replaced shammys as the worst class
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Slightly wrong. A lot of ret pallies have selfless healer, which after 3 judgements makes FoL free and instant cast. Also heals for double if you use it on someone else. In cata, there was a cd on wog for ret and prot, would you prefer that? they put that in because a lot of tanks and rets were using wog to heal instead of damage. As you pointed out, during HA (it's 20 sec, not 15 sec last i checked) you can outheal a dps's dps on you, with instant casts. That makes it a very powerful cd. Others might be bubble and heal with FoL's, blinding light and heal with FoL's, stun and heal with FoL's, or maybe just FoL after a couple judgements. So you noticed that you have to trade your best damage move for a wog that heals less damage than you take in 2 gcd's.... yep, it's a bad choice for most situations when you are trying to do high dps. You have the option to wog in a pinch, like when a healer is cc'd and you need to suvive 2 more seconds until it ends.
Having said all that, I hear that ret does suck this patch. Lowish dps, and no more utility than a holy pally. But you aren't supposed to outheal a dps's dps. Healing less than half of a good dps is about right. And most of your healing is supposed to be FoL, with or without selfless healer.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
they need to fix the stupid word of glory/harsh words bug.

on blade lord, trying to wog myself during the second phase, "out of range" error.

deselected boss and it worked fine, but how long does it f'n take to fix this? has been an issue since launch I think?

takes all of 11 seconds to make a wog macro for yourself, just sayin
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I shouldnt have to make a macro to fix a glyph bug. but yes, that is a solution :)

You should already have tons of macros for seals, /startattack in most of your attacks, trinket/glove/belt, cds, list goes on and on, a simple wog macro wont kill you. I only have 4 wog macros plus a mouseover wog
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just use healbot .
Macro solution solved.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just use healbot .
Macro solution solved.

yea no... not in arena
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
You spend 4 GCDs (about 5.8 secs with haste) if your are NOT CCd so you can TRADE the most damage dealing skill for a 38k healing (8% life).

This is not a joke, this is how the spell works.

Any DPS hits for 25k per second no burst (on Resil), meaning on the time we can trade DPS for healing we have taken about 150k damage on the time we get to trade damage for a 30k heal.

HUGE calculation error here,..

those 5.8 seconds are used dealing damage,....and then you pop that heal on top...

Let alone selfless healer being incredible, most would prob say "but you have to use judgement 3 times for it to really be effective, truth is, (during the mop patch in cata before i took a long break etc) I find it very well to use it with just 2 stacked, as it goes so fast that they hardly have any time to interrupt.

Don't forget we do have some other ways to heal ourselves through seal dancing + kiting etc.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
You have to use a stupid macro for WoG to work right because the devs are too lazy to fix it.... at least the macro works :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]