Shadow PvP Changes: A Veteran's Perspective

1 Orc Hunter
If only Blizzard employed people like the OP who actually understand the priest class.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Re-roll

my warrior is lvl 40 now they gonna hit like train with 5 overpower in row, slam damage increased like hell, their insane CCs, warriors will own once again with Huntards on their right side
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Yes. I predict the Dispersion nerf won't really be felt that much, especially among lower ratings.

GC on Twitter. lol

You made that up, didn't you? There isn't any way a dev could be this ignorant, is there?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
While I don't PvP all that much, (I'm limited mostly to world-PvP), I can tell you that nerfing halo makes me completely useless to those rogues I destroy, but oh well.

As a minority in this thread, I'd also like to state my opinion on the nerf to Glyph of Mindspike. I feel as though this will shove PvE priests' faces into the dirt. I feel as though blizzard is saying, "Wait, they're not using INSANITY?! CHANGE THAT NOW. We want them to play using the ability that -we- want them to use. Also, make insanity different since people were complaining about having to drop SW: Pain. Yay fixed!"

I can't wait to do slightly more damage on my filler during the few seconds Devouring Plague is up. Oh, man, you mean the boss threw some fire on me I have to get out of? Okay, sure. Oh, wait, Devouring plague's almost gone. Guess I lost some DPS on Mindflay.

So, while most of these are pointed towards PvP Priests, I kinda feel that PvE Spriests are getting pushed out of the way into the dirt while PvP priests get |Explative|'d in the |Noun|.

bilzrad pls

Edit: I'd also like to note, all of the priest glyphs are mediocre at best for PvE, aside from Glyph of Mind Spike. Then again, that's changing too, now is it? We don't touch Mind Spike except when it procs, and now our only options for Glyphs in PvE DPS are... utility/healing-support glyphs. Yay.

I'd like to reiterate, bilzrad pls
Edited by Megapope on 2/3/2013 6:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes. I predict the Dispersion nerf won't really be felt that much, especially among lower ratings.

GC on Twitter. lol

You made that up, didn't you? There isn't any way a dev could be this ignorant, is there?

was on front page mmo champ
Reply Quote
55 Orc Death Knight

was on front page mmo champ
Wow, just...wow. How someone can rise to that position with such cluelessness is absolutely astounding. But it does explain some things. Obviously there is no one on the balance team that understands this class, and how to balance it. They really should have devs who play the classes and know them inside out. Not balance with utter ignorance.

Blizz, you have a playerbase of extremely knowledgeable people who can help you out. And yes, sifting through the 99% of biased bs is a pain...but there are nuggets of gold in that dirt. Since it's obvious GC and no one on his team plays and/or understands the priest class, they definitely need to recruit someone who does.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm just praying we get some of our nerfs reversed before they go live
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
TL;DR: A couple of the spriest changes are justified, but many of them are heinous and unnecessary. Blizzard needs to step back and get a handle on what's really important to our class and what it's true strengths and weaknesses are.

As another grizzled veteran of the shadow priest specialization, I can agree with this summerization.

Devouring Plauge is justifiable.
Halo is justifiable.
Dispersion was never properly implemented, so I can let that slide too
The healing nerf is also fine considering we aren't known for our use of holy magics.

However, the Glyoh of Mind Spike and Phantasm nerfs are jumping the shark. This only raises suspicion on the motives of Blizzards design philosiphy. How can they nerf these when both are considered sacred cornerstones of the specialization by the shadow priest community? A better question : How can they nerf these sacred cornerstones without giving us back anything valuable in return?

I for one, have to call them out on this and demand sanctuary from the nerfbat!
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/3/2013 2:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
Dispersion is our "Oh, !@#$" button and one of the primary times it's necessary for us to use it is when we're liable to get interrupted (due to being melee trained, counterspelled and frost nova'd, etc.). This is a killer to our durability and is frankly unwarranted, especially if Phantasm is also going to get nerfed. Which brings me to...

I believe Dispersion was never properly implemented because it has never had CC immunity during its duration. It has only served to delay the enevitable because trains always arrive early for us shadow priests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxM9GHmoxEU
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/3/2013 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
78 Human Priest
02/03/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Dreamskull
Dispersion is our "Oh, !@#$" button and one of the primary times it's necessary for us to use it is when we're liable to get interrupted (due to being melee trained, counterspelled and frost nova'd, etc.). This is a killer to our durability and is frankly unwarranted, especially if Phantasm is also going to get nerfed. Which brings me to...

I believe Dispersion was never properly implemented because it has never had CC immunity during its duration. It has only served to delay the enevitable because trains always arrive early for us shadow priests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxM9GHmoxEU

I guess you're right. Everyone is just better off not casting it.

(lol'd at the video)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
02/01/2013 03:18 PMPosted by Truewan
Hello I am 2.3k Shadow Priest that has been around since Wrath and I'm telling you that shadow will still be playable next season, nerfs and all.

Please explain
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Nice post. I honestly agree with every point you have made. Our heals ARE too strong especially with DI however, along with other hybrids we are getting a 25% pvp power buff to heals so I'm not too sure how this will play out. I think the aim is to bring all hybrids healing to roughly the same mark, which we are above on live so I welcome it. Halo, while I will miss the stealth breaker, it is a tad unfair on stealth classes.

Reading through though, my biggest concern would be the dispersion and phantasm nerf. Fade is exceptional to get off a few casts or avoid cc. It will be tough without it. Also dispersion. Wow. I hope that is reverted. It would take more skill to use after the change but, considering the 'zergfest' that arena seems to be atm, we could be in a lot of trouble.

EDIT: Just to further elaborate on the phantasm change. A couple of extra seconds on a root immunity does not help us at all. Most melee have other ways ways to get to a spriest very easily, in fact, melee tend to be our biggest problem (well mine anyway). A warrior can charge, rogue shadowstep, DK deathgrip etc, they do not need 'roots' to get to us. Phantasm as it stands, can buy us precious time to stop these moves and actually get some casts off.
Edited by Semirhage on 2/4/2013 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
92 Undead Priest
Phantasm counters warrior Charge and death knight Death Grip during its duration.

I am not gonna even consider trading that for 2 more seconds of root immunity.

If this doesn't get reverted, we are !@#$ed!
Edited by Dreamskull on 2/4/2013 11:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
I was so looking forward to start grinding BGs on my shadow priest as a casual player. This is disheartening.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]