Funny Patch Notes

90 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Diamorphine
Blizzard, hire this man. He makes sense, where your patch notes do not.
Reply Quote
But there's a method to the madness of buff/nerf. Someone has to be at the bottom, and if you were Blizzard, wouldn't you control it? I don't think these changes are absent minded; I think they're targeting a demographic for "encouraged" rerolls.

Honestly at the very beginning I thought you were another one of those "Blizzard knows nothing of what they are doing!" kind of people, then I found your ideas and history very intriguing and intelligent.

But I was still a little cautious till I read this statement. And you know what, that is EXACTLY what I have been saying for a long time now. They make these changes that SEEM ill-minded but they are really to get people to reroll chars, causing them to stay within the game longer than they would have if they just stuck to one class.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
02/03/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Diamorphine
Blizzard, hire this man. He makes sense, where your patch notes do not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Shadow should not have access to healing spells potent enough to fill up a green bar without going OOM.

I hope your gaming experience changes so ultimately you quit entirely.

I am a Priest. And I hate Shadow Priests. You deserve so much more misery than you will ever get in this update.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
well, stating the obvious, the nerfs seem to be coming from pvp...but the most commonly whined part was about the life swap..which ..i didnt even notice they didnt address.
I guess the goal is to address Void Shift indirectly by cycling S.Priest out entirely?
what a disturbing realization.... :( thanks for the great post kaizr.
Edited by Corpsebride on 2/5/2013 4:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Shadow should not have access to healing spells potent enough to fill up a green bar without going OOM.

I am a Priest. And I hate Shadow Priests. You deserve so much more misery than you will ever get in this update.

Well technically, they're swapping it; Hence to nerfs to all of Shadow's healing (check new patch notes, all heals are going down 20%). It will take a lot more time and mana to recover from a Void Shift.

That aside, you started off stating a valid concern, and then soured it by completely killing your own credibility with your next few statements. Why undermine your own opinion? You could have posted nothing and accomplished the same thing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Devouring Plague change has been reverted (thank you Blizz). I don't think the nerf to renew or PoM was warranted especially considering the healing capabilities of other dps specs and also especially considering renew ticks are pretty weak. Second Wind nerf is completely reverted (aside from the rage regen) but our renew is too op. With the new Binding Heal glyph I can see why they would nerf it for shadow priests. Basically they are making us even more reliant on voidshift but at the same time making it more punishing to use.

They should leave healing as is and give holy and disc the 25% increase anyway. (Nothing wrong with dreaming, right?)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
But there's a method to the madness of buff/nerf. Someone has to be at the bottom, and if you were Blizzard, wouldn't you control it? I don't think these changes are absent minded; I think they're targeting a demographic for "encouraged" rerolls.
I been saying this to my friends for years and definitely agree 100% this !@#$ is done on purpose
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest

this is funny because a warriors second wind even though it procs at low hp is amazing in terms of keeping him alive and so are ww monks heals and neither of them use mana?!?!?! whats even crazier is monks heals are getting buffed 100% next patch......i have a ww monk and my heal crits for 74k and im in blues!! mainly.....so you are upset about a PRIEST being able to Heal?....im confused of this post completely. i wouldnt mind the changes so much if atleast there was a way to get out of being locked down by melee classes so badly fear just seems so outdated especially with the cd it has and dispersion needs a revamp because i agree being able to stun/cyclone it is just a slap in the face
Edited by Ultimatefist on 2/5/2013 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
This witch hunt is really crazy. They are tunneling priest healing utility and leaving other classes alone. What's even more bs about second wind is they don't have to do anything. They don't have to stop dps, they don't have to switch stance, they just all the sudden get ~10500 health back per second for as long as they are under 35% health. I think Ultimatefist has a good idea, maybe it should be a proc. 10% chance to gain 3% of your hp per second for 5 seconds if you are under 35% hp. There, fixed.

For a shadow priest to effectively keep people alive we have to stop offensive almost completely. We have to stop damaging to heal. Even if it is just renew or pom or pw:s those are gcd's that could be used to cast mind spikes/mind blasts/silence/psychic horror, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
02/02/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Kyzr
Anyone else think it was funny that the 5.2 notes started out with GC saying Warriors and Hunters were too strong, but was afraid S.Priest might be flying under the radar?

Funny thing is he said warriors and hunters are too strong and SPriest might be flying under rader, yet of the 3 classes the one that "MIGHT BE" flying under rader gets the most nerf out of all. Warriors and hunters will remain top 5.2 I dont see them loosing their place, and maybe just maybe WW monks and rogues might get some fun this next season.

GC has no idea about Priests, entering MoP Shadow Priest lost Dark Evangelism /Archangel, we lost DP and orb mechanich was introduce, we lost passive ability from mind flay crit to reduce CD on fiend thanks to mind bender, we lost SW:Death above 20% when they made it useless.

Blizzard Nerfed Sahdow Priest damage entering MoP, weeks later they nered our heals, 5.2 brings nerf to our survival kit all they need to do is nerf out utility (Mass Dispel) to completly kill the class.

What does a Shadow Priest offer?? Mass Dispel is all we got and if your raid team or pvp comp has a heal priest you wont even need or miss that Shadow Priest.

R.I.P. Shadow Priests
Edited by Lykorys on 2/5/2013 10:44 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]