Blinding Light Nerf

90 Human Paladin
Why has this become a 1.8 sec cast? Its on a 2minute CD and 8-10 times im using it defensively. The blind even breaks on damage. This is ridiculous

So now i have to run up next to some and cast a 1.8 sec spell and hope they dont move? Yea i could HoJ / Repentance the person first but doesnt that still ruin the original purpose for why they were nerfing it?

Its great, every DPS is getting buffs to stun and keep healers locked down while healers are losing all their peels for themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Good luck when you are getting trained by melee or hunter pets.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pounce, Clone, Stun, Clone, Silence, Clone, Pounce, Maim is still fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah, personally I'm not one bit happy about this change. 1.8 seconds while being trained is not easy to get off. And it's only a 10 yard effect. *shrugs* It is what it is.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
02/04/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Wrexsoul
It is what it is.

You mean, "it". Saying "it is what it is" is superfluous and can be converted into lower terms by simply saying "it". Saying "it is what it is" is no different that saying "a = a", or "10 = 10". Of course something is equal to itself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard hates paladins
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Bravestrike
It is what it is.

You mean, "it". Saying "it is what it is" is superfluous and can be converted into lower terms by simply saying "it". Saying "it is what it is" is no different that saying "a = a", or "10 = 10". Of course something is equal to itself.

"Hi. Instead of making a constructive post as per the topic, I'm going to instead decide to argue a silly statement. We all know what it means, but !@#$ it--SEMANTICS!"

1.8s cast time sucks, I agree. I guess they're trying to make Fist of Justice the new pick....they want us to fist err'one. And I'm alright with that!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/04/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Korayn

"Hi. Instead of making a constructive post as per the topic, I'm going to instead decide to argue a silly statement. We all know what it means, but !@#$ it--SEMANTICS!"

1.8s cast time sucks, I agree. I guess they're trying to make Fist of Justice the new pick....they want us to fist err'one. And I'm alright with that!

OMG I get moist everytime I fist someone. Wait, what...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thats the problem with Blizzard design for Paladins. "Holy' cc-chain is too OP in 3s, so lets nerf it to the point that it is useless if is used for self-defense (the whole point of the spell) and/or anywhere other than 3s". They arent considering every scenario and just nerfing for the sake of nerfing (like if Holy cc-chain isnt predictable/preventable enough - a l2p issue mostly).

02/04/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Lobster
They wanted to make the holy paladin CC chain slightly more counterable by making BL a cast. They increased the cast time on Repen for the same reason. They want holy paladins to cast more in general.

There are other solutions. I suggest making Hammer of Justice with the cast time instead. Its basically the same spell, both are a 10yrd 6s magic cc, while one is AoE and break with damage the other is a single target stun.

HoJ is used mostly offensive due to not breaking from damage, therefore a way better candidate for the cast time nerf (since the cc-chain is used offensively). There are other bonuses as well: if the target move out from the 10yrd we wont lose a 2min cc/defensive spell and Fist of Justice is now much more appealing for Holy paladins (it would still be instant), improving the tier itself.

I actually think the whole problem is Repetance, 8s cc for a 15s CD spell is too much. A Hpally, if not getting trained, can link a 30s cc easily if the enemies doesnt do anything BECAUSE OF REPETANCE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Putting blinding light on the same DR as repentance or dropping repentance to 6 sec could've been a milder, more reasonable nerf, but then that's not how Blizzard rolls. What's the point of having a nerf bat if you don't close your eyes and swing for the fences, right?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/04/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Lone
Pounce, Clone, Stun, Clone, Silence, Clone, Pounce, Maim is still fine.

You're not the brightest star in the sky.. Are you?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/04/2013 05:13 PMPosted by Bravestrike
It is what it is.

You must have a pretty sad life..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Fear, stun, stun, fear, blind, sap, fear.......OH, i really wanna blind someone, so please stay where you are, don't interrupt me fo 1.8 sec and voilà!! Cheers if your friends don't damage your target or all your effort (and your enemies effort of staying in position to get blind) will be just....f****
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome to shammy land. 5 seconds on our capacitor totem that has a 45 sec cd can be 1 shot is easily noticeable and stuns for less time. Or our 1 min cd hex that can't be used on Druids where you still control your character.

Not saying the need is warranted but I definitely notice people only compare paladins to Druids and rogues that are made to have more cc because they have less life in dls form and don't wear plate..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I get the fact that too many " instant defensive" CC's are used offensively.

What I don't understand is that this doesn't allow the CC to be used defensively at all for holy, and further promotes it's use offensively, even though it makes it harder to use. It's already weaker than most other aoe CC's in the game. Putting a cast time on it doesn't solve the problem at all.

Sure making it share DR with repentance would help a little, but then you reduce Ret's viability even further, (which it doesn't need).

Psychic scream rarely breaks on damage, is on a much shorter cooldown, and is used offensively more often than it is defensive, and it goes untouched.

Howl of Terror shouldn't be compared, as it's a talent.

Capacitor Totem shouldn't be compared at all imo. It is easily counter-able, and usually instantly is hit before it can even arm itself. In addition, to be used offensively, requires the clunky Totemic Projection talent to make it viable.

All I can see is that Warrior's and Paladin's are still hated by the devs. I fully understand that just because you change an ability on one class, doesn't mean that you have to change a similar ability on another, as each class is balanced as a whole package; however given the problem they are trying to address I would argue that in this case, similar abilities should be nerfed.
Edited by Holybits on 2/14/2013 10:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
mmm i love watching thoose dks and rogues run train on me..... blizzard why didnt you jsut make it dr with rept..... i need something besides some stun on 1min/30sec cd to peel these mongoloid melee off me....hell make it like ring of peace only effect people doing harm to you..... o and warriors i guess..
Edited by Fiddef on 2/15/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The amount of CC in this game is ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/15/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Pallydrome
The amount of CC in this game is ridiculous.

If only we were immune to damage when we were being CC'd.....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm leveling my Pally right now (almost 90 and excited!).... this is the dumbest thing they can do.

Basically they're making it...."hey, you, warrior (rogue, monk, dk, enhancement shaman, ret pally) I'm gonna start to CC you and the range is as small as melee so, let me stand right next to you, cast for 1.8 seconds (minus for haste) and don't interrupt me, please...I need to get this CC off so I can heal me and my group so you don't kill us"

If they want to add a cast time like this, the range should be increased to make up for it so it is "more likely" to get the cast off instead of being easily interrupted. OR even make Infusion of Light affect it so maybe we have a chance to get it off before people die!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]