Blinding Light Nerf

90 Human Paladin
So, I started a rallying cry against this nerf a month ago when it was announced. They stated some Blizzardian logic why they started with HPally's, and ignored basically everyone else. I have been asking for months why they continue to balance pvp around 3v3 encounters when the clear majority of people play in RBG's and pug BG's. I can't get an answer. Oh and just to end this, Inquisition is garbage.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
im not gonna say fake casting is a thing, or partners peeling for you is a thing

02/21/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Superiority
Oh and just to end this, Inquisition is garbage.

least you're glyphed for it
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/14/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Solvexx
Pounce, Clone, Stun, Clone, Silence, Clone, Pounce, Maim is still fine.

You're not the brightest star in the sky.. Are you?

Eh?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Meh. PvP never was and never will be balanced in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
as a hpally, its a great change. there is too much insta CC in the game and we already have repent. adding blinding light as an instant is just overkill when we are supposed to be defensive healers. the cast time is really not a big deal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/15/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Pallydrome
The amount of CC in this game is ridiculous.

^^

Blizzard is taking a look across the board at this, especially AoE instant CC, and this nerf is one of the results.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/21/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Preacher
as a hpally, its a great change. there is too much insta CC in the game and we already have repent. adding blinding light as an instant is just overkill when we are supposed to be defensive healers. the cast time is really not a big deal.

As a hpally that mostly plays BG, it is.

If anything, add a cast time to HAMMER OF JUSTICE. It makes WAY more sense.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
Its called overnerf because of the Rogue blind. Its an overreaction that will take at least a week or 2 to rectify and blizz to say opps... Rogues got a raw deal with the 2 minute blind CD and Paladins with a shorter CD aoe blind....Its actually fine the way it is but there has been too much !@#$%ing for blizz to ignore. AOE vs. Range with more control who gets blinded is fine payoffs. This is stupid and Blizz will soon understand why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You really want HoJ to have a cast time for holy? I've never seen someone ask for a nerf before.

My english isnt that great, but I think "if anything" does implies something, doesnt it?

I dont agree with the cast time in the first place (is a l2p problem in 3s imo). So if they want to implement a cast time on one of our ccs then implement it on Hammer of Justice instead of Blinding Light. It has the EXACT same effect, without making an ability that already is pretty useless in BGs (to use it offensively) even more and now the only niche that it had (to be used defensively) is gone because of the cast time.
Edited by Syros on 2/22/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Our chain can only work once every 2 minutes. There are way more powerful CC and offensive pressure from healers than Blinding Light.

Giving it a cast time only forces it to be used offensively instead of defensively. So basically I can only use it if my intended target is already CC'd.

I would never use it defensively if it risks getting me locked out. I would rather heal myself than cast a spell that most often than not won't last the full duration (cuz of DoTs).

If their intent was to reduce the offensive pressure, it worked but it also hurt our defense how ever small.

Also it kinda sucks having to cast our only aoe ability (not counting holy prism). Helps with flag cap interrupts.

I would have preferred a shorter duration (and shorter CD?) to make it less powerful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
They need to bring back mana burning and reduce instant CC IMO.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
I wonder if they could make it so instead of delaying the cast if you're being attacked while casting Blinding Light, it sped it up.

That would be neat, considering we may not be able to get around this nerf happening in the first place.
Reply Quote
91 Human Warrior

OMG I get moist everytime I fist someone. Wait, what...

... *Slow clap*
Reply Quote
91 Human Warrior

You really want HoJ to have a cast time for holy? I've never seen someone ask for a nerf before.

It's actually not a terribly bad idea, Fist/HoJ is a 6 second instant cast and it screws over anyone if it's more than just the Paladin attacking, at least then we could try to interupt it, and then an instant blind gives the Paladin time for his short cooldowns on Excorsim and Judment to be reduced.

This is also coming from a Warrior who loves sitting there stunned while a Paladin with Fist of Justice can stun me for a total of 24 seconds before my trinket resets.
Edited by Mercutìo on 2/23/2013 12:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]