LFR, anyone else feels like this?

I started doing my LFR to try to get up my resto shaman, went through terrace and HoF, and had to drag myself through it hoping to get some loots. I'm fine with the loot system, and I'm fine with the difficulty, but why do some fights have to be so long? For the most part it adds no challenge to the boss, just prolongs it. The hardest part of LFR for me is taking the next 40 minutes to hour to clear through it, which most of the bosses are tuned to be so boring to heal.
I understand LFR would be a disaster if it was challenging content, but I kind of just wished each boss took like 2-3 minutes. =l
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It is my belief that LFR is designed so that the hardest part is staying awake.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
They're definitely long. I'm so glad I'll not have to do t14 LFR again. DS LFR by comparison was much faster, even in the beginning.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Agreed. You'd think with 25 people they'd go by quickly.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/04/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Trollinhobo
For the most part it adds no challenge to the boss, just prolongs it. The hardest part of LFR for me is taking the next 40 minutes to hour to clear through it, which most of the bosses are tuned to be so boring to heal.

It's not the HP of the bosses that makes LFR take so long. Next time look at the recount for a boss kill and you'll see people putting little to no effort in. Sadly blizzard can't change people to actually try.

Try getting into a guild and doing normal mode. LFR is meant to be easy enough for the masses... yet not so trivial that you can be done in 30 mins. It's is supposed to mimic a raid, not a 5 man 'heroic'
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
DPS naturally is going to be low in LFR, but I really think they should cut the HP of the bosses in half, fights like Tsulong and Protectors of the Endless are much longer on LFR then they are in normal mode. As it stands, I usually just afk or purposely die early on in each fight so I can alt tab out, as I need the VP, but actually doing the whole LFR while awake is an exercise in masochism.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
i stopped trying to heal like i would in normal mode in LFR because, the dps takes so long. I have resigned myself to just atonement healing(4 buttons) while I eat my dinner. since i discovered discipline spec.. its jsut been an easy cop out for me.

people who raid normal mode use LFR as gear supplementation or somewhat fast Valor to buy gear to supplement their raid gear. as it stand, 2 and a half hours of LFR grant you a total of 450 VP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
LFR was made by blizz for all us " old and slow" " armchair raiders" " people with a life outside of wow " players to enjoy some end game content without eating , sleeping and breathing wow or selling our firstborns for gear. To all the belly aching elitist that gripe about it ...do these raids with your elite guilds and leave us to wipe in peace ;)
Edited by Msoakley on 2/5/2013 9:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
02/05/2013 07:38 AMPosted by Supahotfiyah
DPS naturally is going to be low in LFR, but I really think they should cut the HP of the bosses in half, fights like Tsulong and Protectors of the Endless are much longer on LFR then they are in normal mode.

Both those fights have mechanics which if incorrectly handled can extend the fight. Protectors has Cleansing Waters (heals a Protector), which either dispel-capable classes don't dispel or tanks can't/don't/won't move the bosses out of. And Tsulong has multiple points of LFR fail: the Day Phase for healers, Terrorize on Tsulong for dispellers, and the Unstable Sha marching toward Tsulong for the DPS who seem to think that taking out the adds directly in front of the boss is more important, because OMG DPS.

So really, you can blame any additional length to the fight in LFR on not just terrible DPS but also on the general LFR attitude that mechanics don't matter.

Also:

10-man Protectors: 93k for 10 players
LFR Protectors: 157k; half = 79k for 25 players

10-man Tsulong: 174k for 10 players
LFR Tsulong: 285k; half = 143k for 25 players

Are you seriously advocating that much fail?
Edited by Antoniolo on 2/5/2013 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
People quit trying because they are bored, i think the length of the fight is drawn out by that and the fact that there is a ton of hp on the bosses. I know many people who group up and just autofollow or autoattack throughout.

It would be nice to find a balance that would keep people engaged but not be as easy as an LFD boss. Would also be nice if the mechanics in LFR actually had consequences. When you can just stand in the bad and ignore things like jasper chains and such you really dont have as much reason to pay attention closely.

But thats just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth

xoxo#1821
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It takes forever, because like people said, either DPS is pathetically low or people just don't DPS at all and still collect crap if they're lucky.

Case in point. I did more damage to LFR Stone Guards than a ret paladin did and he/she didn't die.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]