Power Word: Atonementholics Anonymous

100 Blood Elf Priest
Obviously edited. This thread didn't even exist then.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I posted it from the DeLorean.
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/5/2013 8:29 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Priest
GOING BACK IN TIME IS A FUTURE EVENT YOU NERD
90 Blood Elf Priest
i still posted before you, in both ways.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wtf is going on right now..
100 Blood Elf Priest
Tsilyibilly is being silly.

02/05/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Tsilyi
i still posted before you, in both ways.

YEAH WELL I THOUGHT IT FIRST.
90 Blood Elf Priest
k.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Tsilyi, do you think normal modes this tier were more difficult than normal unnerfed DS?
90 Blood Elf Priest
yes... even though my perception is skewed a bit because we cleared all of them the first week they were out I think (t14)...

e: yuno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOhcT6Wnb6k
Edited by Tsilyi on 2/5/2013 9:43 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
02/05/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Nixxe
Tsilyi, do you think normal modes this tier were more difficult than normal unnerfed DS?

02/05/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Tsilyi
yes... even though my perception is skewed a bit because we cleared all of them the first week they were out I think (t14)...

You weren't asking me, Nixx(e), but I agree, though my perception is skewed because by the last tier of Cata my guild was all comfy with their class mechanics, while in T14, we had too many people who spent too much time fighting against class mechanics that had changed for MoP...
100 Blood Elf Priest
Rapsidy: halfway thru Lirael. Sabriel was a good read yet somewhat incomplete. Interesting character but there are plot holes and a totally unsatisfactory ending. Especially since Liriel starts up 14 years later. Almost like I'm missing a book. But I like.

lappy: this is what happens when you guys pooh-pooh on Shadow Word thread names. We run out of ways to twist the 6 discho spells we have and most of them have Heal in the name.

Welcome first timers to the PW threads. May you find insight, wisdom, humor and lolwuts within these piles of words.
100 Goblin Priest
Or you can just do the proper thing and use the shadow subname with the correct title.
For example; Power Word: Pain in the Butt
78 Human Priest
DS normal (and heroic) modes were insultingly easy. They were so easy that I cleared normal modes with Vanquish when DS was new. When I joined Reawaken they already had 2 heroic modes down...that was the second week. On a totally average server.

I think Elegon alone was a better encounter than anything DS provided, in terms of challenge and payout. Maximizing damage and healing feels very rewarding on Elegon. Trying to think of a similarly good fight in DS? I'm drawing a blank. And now I'm vomiting uncontrollably because DS.
100 Blood Elf Priest
I guess I'm not considering how much better my guild is now than in Dragon Soul, but I really didn't feel like T14 was any harder with the exception of basically Empress.
100 Goblin Priest
I kill everything the day it's released because I'm a LFR Hero.
78 Human Priest
I guess I didn't really answer your question... I read "harder" and thought "better." It probably goes without saying that t14 beats the heck out of t13.

Now that I think of it, the normal modes and subsequent heroic modes haven't taken us significantly longer to progress through than in DS. Spine and Madness took a veeery long time to kill purely by nature of the fight (20min trash fest). Our biggest problem is repeat kills, somehow. And we still wipe a whole lot on Ta'yak every week. >.>

There hasn't been a fight this tier where I've been like, man, this is hard! Not like Ascendant Council or Al'akir heroic. Shek'zeer is a challenge but it's a very touchy fight. If I blink my eyes, someone dies and it's a wipe, you know? That's not really difficult so much as it requires intense focus for a pretty long time.
90 Draenei Shaman
02/05/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Merrz
I read "harder" and thought "better."

uh...

duh...

.. well, like... *YA*... I mean...
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Ellarix

uh...

duh...

tehvix concurs.
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Nixxe
I guess I'm not considering how much better my guild is now than in Dragon Soul, but I really didn't feel like T14 was any harder with the exception of basically Empress.

i tend to think of it as "more interesting" compared with "harder." because normal modes aren't going to be suuuuper hard really. even empress is basically "periodic burst damage, add control, burn phase with gimmicks" because once you figure out you're supposed to stack for p3 you win but the point is the fights are in general more fun to do and not just because there are so many of them. you can basically compare say... feng to yor'saj in terms of burst healing but on normal yorsaj you're barely dealing with one mechanic at a time whereas on normal feng you have to both spread AND stack for arcane, stack and run out with a debuff on fire, stack and move away from an attack on earth. there's always multiple things to do in each phase.

stone guard alone, the very first boss, was probably more interesting than anything in dragon soul, heroic OR normal.
78 Human Priest
02/05/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Ellarix

uh...

duh...

peepee
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]