Power Word: Atonementholics Anonymous

90 Blood Elf Paladin
stone guard alone, the very first boss, was probably more interesting than anything in dragon soul, heroic OR normal.

I'm talking just about difficulty due to a thread I was posting in recently in which the OP and several others claimed that DS was significantly easier than T14. I would assume they mean DS 30%, but that's why I ask.
78 Human Priest
I think first-week t14 was significantly harder than first-week t13. Part of it is what Tsilyi mentioned, contending with multiple mechanics at once. And also the 'interesting' part factors in here. For example, we spent like 35min pulling Feng before we realized the tanks were supposed to eat his skills and use them to counteract other skills. That's just a totally new and interesting thing! And it gets the whole raid involved in the kill rather than leaving the tanks to sit there and smash all their buttons like on every other encounter.

Going back, actually, Stone Guards were wicked hard that first night. Friggen Jasper Chains on me and a random melee! Compare a Jasper/Cobalt/whoever Stone Guards fight to regular Morchok. I mean come on. There is a lot more going on and it's not stuff you can ignore or "power through.*"

Gara'jal and Spirit Kings were pretty easy fights but they still had more going on than the 3rd and 4th encounters in DS. I dunno if I could say they are much harder, but there's certainly more to think about. I'm still not even sure how to do Yor'sahj. I did that fight on autopilot every time because it didn't matter.

*"Power through" was my term for using Dispersion to avoid mechanics whenever possible.
90 Blood Elf Priest
mmm... maybe not significantly easier, but definitely easier. less complex and less fun too.
100 Blood Elf Priest
Mer said peepee. Shame shame!

I'm gonna tell!!
90 Undead Priest
02/05/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Merrz
I'm still not even sure how to do Yor'sahj.

DPS boss.

Kill add.

More adds? AOE!!!!

Repeat.
78 Human Priest
02/05/2013 12:27 PMPosted by Nixxe
I'm still not even sure how to do Yor'sahj.

DPS boss.

Kill add.

More adds? AOE!!!!

Repeat.

haha right! DBM told me which color to go for and I just blindly followed. I felt like I could do any of those fights without any prior knowledge as long as DBM was installed, because DBM more or less did the fights for you. Maybe everything except for healing Spine, which wasn't hard but exhausting. Renew Renew Renew, Heal Heal Heal... PoM... DIVINE HYMN AAHHH NOOO CRAAPPPP ok we're stable... Renew Renew Renew.
90 Draenei Shaman
woot, LFR Tier gloves - 4pc T14 for the shammy :D
90 Blood Elf Priest
i don't even have 4pc...
90 Draenei Shaman
02/05/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Tsilyi
i don't even have 4pc...

Our GMotD for a while actually made reference to the fact I seem to have a horseshoe tucked somewhere inside my anatomy, in terms of the # of drops I've had on the shammy in the few short weeks I've been gearing her up...
Edited by Ellarix on 2/5/2013 1:02 PM PST
90 Undead Priest
<3
90 Blood Elf Priest
<3

no u
100 Blood Elf Priest
<3

no u

No, you.

e: actually was just a posting test - everyone must still be stuck behind the login problem.
Edited by Vixie on 2/5/2013 3:39 PM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
This is my posting test!
90 Draenei Shaman
Yep, that worked.

Raid night raid night raid night raid night!!!!!! Headed for TES, we'll see if we can overcome last week's derping and get a full clear within our 3hr raid...

(we'd better)
100 Night Elf Priest
There. Fixed. Omg.
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/05/2013 05:26 PMPosted by Elethia
There. Fixed. Omg.

Good one.

*thumb-up*
90 Draenei Shaman
There. Fixed. Omg.

lolololololol good job Elly
90 Draenei Priest
wanna kill a Feng
90 Draenei Shaman
wanna get a Fan
90 Blood Elf Priest
There. Fixed. Omg.

acceptable. /stab
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]