why do (you) play a warrior?

90 Human Warrior
02/20/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Cricys
I played a dk for a while. One winter evening I happened to watch 300, Troy and Gladiator, the following morning awakening to realizing I hadn't shaved in a month and my man meat looked massive in the mirror. I immediately went and leveled up my warrior.

hilarious.

02/20/2013 07:21 PMPosted by Faerunian
I have this odd thing where I really want to hate warriors and love magic classes, but melee always ends up being a ton more fun. Sorry I'm posting on my pally instead of my new Warrior lol, the armory screwed up.

I have kind of a similar thing where I despertly try to like caster classes, but there short flings.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'd say Link from The Legend of Zelda and Ike from Fire Emblem are main contributors to why I love the warrior archetype so much.

Also I love how warriors don't fight with magic or flashy tricks, all a warrior has is his weapon in hand and his skill to fight.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I've always loved melee combat. The visceral feel of getting in your opponent's face, and then smashing it. Can't be beat. Tanking takes that to the next level for me, to be an unstoppable juggernaut wading through masses of bloodthirsty monsters. It makes all other classes seem... cowardly. Even pallies and dks, with their plentiful self-heals. Don't get me started on the craven rogues, slinking around in the shadows like a dog who's been kicked around too much.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Warrior
Honestly? Two main reasons, Feel, and Theme.

Death Knight? timing dem death strikes, 3 button rotation? sure.
Pally? 3 button rotation, none of the abilities have a actual "dueling" feel to them.
Druid: Imma bear.
Monk: Well, Monks crossover, but they didn't exist forever.

Warrior?

Reactives, my rotation isn't static, or even priority based, I have a ton of buttons and I use them all. I don't just wait for a window to throw my shield, or hit deathstrike, SLAM, REVENGE PARRY, REVENGE, SLAM, FREE CLEAVE.. etc.

Moreover, the theme of warriors, paladin don't fight their foes, they summon divine magic to make their weapons glow and hurt things more, Deathknights the same but on the opposite end of the spectrum.

My warrior? He stands toe to toe with whatever he's fighting, no magic, no unhoyl power, just a wall of metal and a sharp stick dancing back and forth, fighting his way, blow after blow, slam after slam until he's the only thing standing.

I play a warrior because the combat feels dynamic, and it really feels like i'm dancing back and forth with my enemy.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Guts from berserk.

Vegeta.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 10:17 PMPosted by Shuggoth
I've always loved melee combat. The visceral feel of getting in your opponent's face, and then smashing it. Can't be beat. Tanking takes that to the next level for me, to be an unstoppable juggernaut wading through masses of bloodthirsty monsters. It makes all other classes seem... cowardly. Even pallies and dks, with their plentiful self-heals. Don't get me started on the craven rogues, slinking around in the shadows like a dog who's been kicked around too much.

This. 'Tis why I am named Smashwidget.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Nothing beats the felling of queing for a WSG, then charging balls deep into the mass of allies and being a Juggernaut. I mean, look at me. They probably piss themselves when they see the trail of fire as I hurtle their way, Armageddon in hand, ready to smash a bads face in.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
i just loved the brute force play style they bring.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/21/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Deathtremor
Nothing beats the felling of queing for a WSG, then charging balls deep into the mass of allies and being a Juggernaut. I mean, look at me. They probably piss themselves when they see the trail of fire as I hurtle their way, Armageddon in hand, ready to smash a bads face in.

I feel like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tviyAIS9c_U&sns=em
When I see ya
Edited by Cricys on 2/21/2013 12:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Bomb - rushing into things is awesome. My first toon was a mage and I was always jealous of the classes that got to rush in.
Reply Quote
74 Pandaren Warrior
I like the Warrior class for a lot of reasons. One of the more important for me is the overall feel of the class...I love using large weapons to hit things, and I love charging at stuff. It just feels more "dynamic" to me than sitting around casting spells and whatnot. I think Blizz has done a very good job making the class feel exciting to play, and you can feel that whether you are doing PvE or PvP.

I also like the challenge of having to close on my target and remain in range to be effective, rather than the "hit with big damage when I can and then take evasive action" formula that is what almost every other class is about. I like the idea that I can be a juggernaut of sorts, though the reality is you need superior gear against weaker opponents to really plow through anyone these days.

Of course there is also the incredibly important fact that Warriors just look awesome in gear, from the monstrous plate to the big awesome weapons we wield, we kick butt and look damned awesome doing it!
Edited by Jorzen on 2/21/2013 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Used to use a paly. But warriors...
They just seem more visceral. In your face, beating the crap out of you, no tricks, no nothing. Just his weapon, your blood.

I also originally had a warrior, but never got him past the barrens (the old barrens mind you) back then leveling a warrior was kill one guy, eat, kill another guy... Eat. If you took on more then one god have mercy on you. It was rough.

And that's why I preferred paladin back then, the self healing kept them in combat far more. And they could -safely- engage large groups.

Now, this is not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I played a Mage for years, but was tired of being squishy. I like being able to take a hit, so here I am with this toon. I tried a DK when they first came out, and have other lowbie Druid and Pally alts. I decided I wanted to run with Warrior for a tank as I enjoyed the playstyle more than the other tanking classes.

Coming from Pure DPS, it feels like I'm playing a Pure Tank class, and I like that feeling. Maybe I'm lacking some utility compared to a Tank/DPS/Healer hybrid class, but I enjoy the purity of my mission.
Reply Quote
02/20/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Malakaí
no magic, no goofy pet, no cowardly stealth, just skill with a sword

This, except in my case a shield.

It seemed the most traditional "Tank" to me. Tanking in my favorite role to play (Best offense is a strong defense and all that), and the Warrior did not use spells, didn't call on supernatural powers, and doesn't rely on other-wordly speed, agility, or shapeshifting. Just a man (or Dwarf) who crafts his armor and his weapon and protects those weaker than him/herself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Warrior was the first class I made when I started playing wow and it just stuck I guess. :P

Plus, I PvP and I like to be up in people's faces when I'm fighting rather than running away. :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
First class, but knew it was my class.

No spells, no tricks, no bullets, no help, just you, your skill, your will to live and a piece of steel you depend your life on.

Death itself needs diseases
The crusaders need magic
The assassin's need poison and places to hide
The wise elders need nature and their ancestors spirits

All, just to keep up with us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I originally played a druid when I first started WoW. When I got him to 55 I tried my first DK and got him up to cap. Then some warrior in goldshire named Khris - Yes... I even remember his name till this day - Spanked me so hard in a duel that it hurt through the screen. I figured I would try warriors out and have been hooked on tanking since. Thank you Khris!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]