Tricks of Our Trade: Blame it on Aedrik

100 Human Rogue
02/09/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Sinjo
Herro everybody new to the rogue forums:)

Herro, welcome. :)
91 Undead Rogue
02/09/2013 12:18 PMPosted by Sinjo

A most sincere welcome to you, good sir!
78 Human Priest
02/09/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Haileaus
Hey friendly rogue friends. I'm about to hit level 90 on my rogue and I'm wondering what are some of your favorite PVE guides/resources?

The stickies are pretty up to date, or at least, mine is. Pretty sure all are though. I would play each spec and see what you like most since unless you are doing heroic progression raiding then it doesn't matter, but in general Assassination has the best AoE, Combat has the best cleave, and Sub has the best burst. All have similar single target dps. Well, combat's might be a bit low and sub's is harder to attain. Assassination is definitely easiest, followed by combat, then sub, but in all honesty it doesn't take much to get good at any spec.

I raided a bit on my rogue in classic wow and in Wrath. In Wrath I was Mute for practically the whole xpac, and it was definitely a brainless spec but by far my favorite! Once I had heroic ICC weapons I went sub and camped the Gurubashi Arena. Shadow Dance/Ambush spam was like the most fun I have ever had in this entire game, playing for 7 good years.

Anyway.

I'll probably have a Mute and a Combat spec. And I'll be checking out those stickies. :D I remembered using Shadowpanther.net many years ago and was sad to see it shut down like last week. Bah!
90 Worgen Rogue
02/09/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Kiljagen

A most sincere welcome to you, good sir!

02/09/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Aeriwen

Herro, welcome. :)

How are you guys tonight. Good I hope
100 Human Rogue
Indeed, haven't been able to play in about 3 weeks, so its nice to back.

I spent all day capturing rare pets. :P
100 Blood Elf Rogue
A gigantic storm of stupid hit the forums this evening. The conditions outside are <STUNNING>.

/snicker

Meh, I think I'm too tired to crack a good joke.
10 Goblin Rogue
Maybe along the lines of "raining chats and blogs"?

*badum* *chhhee* Thank you, I'll be here all night.
Edited by Troelvah on 2/9/2013 10:12 PM PST
91 Undead Rogue
02/09/2013 06:30 PMPosted by Sinjo
How are you guys tonight. Good I hope

I'm doing ok tonight.
I just got drunk texted by my ex, and I'm seriously thinking about acting on it.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I just liked the visual of imagining people getting hit on the head by anvils raining from the skies. ^_^
Well... !@#$.

Hi guys!
100 Human Rogue
I never did finish my quest winning the 2 new BGs. I was sick of being farmed, so I just did a Heroic BWD. I wanted the Blackwing's Bane title for my DK for some reason. :)
Quick someone give me the low down on what has changed in the last 4 months.
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Welcome back. :)

I can't think of much that's class-related, although there's a lot of changes on the 5.2 PTR.

Rfeann's been compiling them here:

http://redhattedrogue.wordpress.com/2012/12/22/official-patch-5-2-rogue-changes-the-breakdown/

Around the forums specifically, there are several less familiar faces.
Edited by Verelyse on 2/9/2013 11:29 PM PST
10 Goblin Rogue
Well... !@#$.

Hi guys!
Hai, Frai!
WB
Buyer's remorse is kicking in.

I have been checking out the PTR a bit today. I like a lot of the changes in general that are happening.

The amount of old regular faces here are kind of low. I guess most of them only participate in the FB group. Even then, that's stretching it, since most don't really participate in the FB group. >.>

Edit: also anyone on KJ give my reroll gold plz. I will love you and give you hugs.

Edit#2: I am doing causal mode this time around. No Mods, No looking up stuff, No help. It's actually kind of fun and the stock UI is pretty nice!
Edited by Frai on 2/10/2013 12:06 AM PST
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/09/2013 11:53 PMPosted by Frai
Buyer's remorse is kicking in.

I played for two days to finish loremaster, I don't think I've logged in since except to check the BMAH sometimes. Thought about rerolling since I like the mindless leveling grind, but I couldn't think of a server. And 1-70 is pretty boring anyways; wish you could start fresh at 70 if you'd already maxed the class.

Hope you have better luck. ^_^
02/10/2013 12:20 AMPosted by Verelyse
wish you could start fresh at 70 if you'd already maxed the class.

If they did this, I would resub pretty quickly. This has always been a huge barrier for wanting to reroll anywhere.

Well it helps I have IRL friends that are supposedly going to be playing with me. Supposedly. Hence the 30 days instead of a real sub.

Edit: I am going to more then likely give absolutely no helpful feedback to this forum, and post random things here and there. So basically like before, yet I truly won't know what the hell is going on.
Edited by Frai on 2/10/2013 12:30 AM PST
100 Troll Rogue
02/09/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Haileaus
Holy !@#$. Eclipse is OP. Nerf Eclipse. JK DON'T BY WHY OH WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE USE IT IN INTRO TO CS IT IS SOOOOOO USEFUL WTF!

Eclipse is nifty but its auto-complete can be a little wonky. The best thing about eclipse are the modules/extensions that allow it to support multiple languages. I can flip from writing a paper in LaTeX to playing with shadowcraft in python in the same environment with minimal setup.

Eclipse also makes using java less painful but really lets be honest if you have to use java you are already in for pain.

That said Vim (if you want to correct me and say emacs you are wrong and should feel ashamed)+Tmux is pretty much the best dev environment there is.
Edited by Fierydemise on 2/10/2013 12:43 AM PST
90 Undead Rogue
I forgot how much fun snowmobiles are o.o
Posted this is Hail's thread, and I shall post this here too.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-kill-hunters.png
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]