DOT DMG NEEDS A BUFF!!! NOWWW!!!

90 Human Warrior
lol as stated above, I remember when dots would shred people appart... now they tickle at best. anyone remember warlock twinks in any bracket? affliction locks doting you up and you'd cry because you were gonna die no matter what.... i want that back
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Yeah its a bummer dot damage is tied to spamming MG now
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/06/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Tinkerbellè
lol as stated above, I remember when dots would shred people appart... now they tickle at best. anyone remember warlock twinks in any bracket? affliction locks doting you up and you'd cry because you were gonna die no matter what.... i want that back

You want unbalanced PvP back?

There's a reason you're a subscriber, and not a dev.

02/06/2013 07:53 AMPosted by Rauhm
Yeah its a bummer dot damage is tied to spamming MG now

For PvE it works fine. Although it really does ring with how Spriests used to work. Although MF didn't boost your DoT damage, you were filling with it and keeping dots up, and MBing (which is a lot like our haunt).

Still, I always get tickled when I get to go into a fight with hero, DS + lifeblood macro, and prepot something, SB:SS, haunt, and MG spam.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I dont want unbalanced pvp but I do want DoT classes to hurt me.... if dots ticked for like 20-35k a piece.... it would be awesome... since everyone has heals now it wouldnt be too much dmg or OP...

I perfer the burst 3 sec your dead over the current hahaha im a healer i dont die unless 5 of you are on me deal....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The problem isn't DoT damage isn't doing anything, the problem is how malefic grasp is so ridiclious to even think about casting in an arena match. then how UA is just carelessly dispelled. its just pretty ridiclious to even think about playing UA when Spriest can nuke like destro.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/06/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Tinkerbellè
I perfer the burst 3 sec your dead over the current hahaha im a healer i dont die unless 5 of you are on me deal....

So basically you prefer to be stoned to death than clubbed?

Both scenarios are bad play. It's why I quit serious PvP in after TBC ended. Too much burst. I used to have 30+ minute matches. Now it's all about cleaves, and 30 second comps. Kill them in the first minute and win, fail and you lose. It's not a bad strategy with current PvP.

What Blizzard has to do is continue to make mana an issue for even the most geared healers so that they can eventually OOM. Some classes are hard to have that happen to. They also have to tone down all the burst capabilities. Removing mana drain abilities was also a bad idea IMO since that removed comps that would work around surviving, and whittling healer mana away to set up the kill. So those comps had to be turned into more offensive ones.
Edited by Varlth on 2/6/2013 10:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
[quote]

For PvE it works fine..

For pve anything works fine... If your only concern is pve balancing get out now >.>

Seriously it's people lke you that only look from a pve outlook that are the reason your a subscriber and not a dev, as you put it. Mind flay was realized to be horrid on shadowpriests for pvp, that's why they gave them mindspike. So they had a spell to use while spelllocked (it counts as frost), and they had a spell that wasn't so easy to spellock. In fact, MG is worse because we're completely dependent on it's damage, unlike mindflay which was kind of a filler spell when your dots were already on the guy.

Sorry if I came off as rude your post just came off as extremely condescending (with the whole "there's a reason you're a subscriber" thing that I don't understand because we're ALL SUBSCRIBERS) and also incredibly short sighted.

Now, I'm not arguing for an OP buff to other spells, but I think the sooner blizz deletes MG and figures out how to keep our class going without something like MG it'll be better.
Edited by Demonwizard on 2/6/2013 11:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
02/06/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Demonwizard
For pve anything works fine... If your only concern is pve balancing get out now >.>

Who said I wanted only PvE balance? I said it works fine for PvE because it does. I think it's actually a cool design they got going for affliction and demo (haven't gone destro since the changes) as far as PvE is concerned. The guy I quoted was saying it sucks that it's tied to MG. That's all my comment was about. I even pointed out that it has a fairly similar ring to how Spriests USED to work, and it got remodeled. HINT HINT at what may need to happen.

In fact by saying it works fine for PvE, and not saying it's fine for PvP I basically acknowledged it isn't working in PvP. I'm very aware that affliction's damage sucks because of not being able to MG spam without fear of getting locked out of basically all your abilities.

Seriously it's people lke you that only look from a pve outlook that are the reason your a subscriber and not a dev, as you put it.

And I'm quite sure that the PvPer that you are (besides your LFR hero skills) is totally looking out for PvE as well.

Mind flay was realized to be horrid on shadowpriests for pvp, that's why they gave them mindspike.

So read what I say below.

Sorry if I came off as rude your post just came off as extremely condescending (with the whole "there's a reason you're a subscriber" thing that I don't understand because we're ALL SUBSCRIBERS) and also incredibly short sighted.

I wouldn't say rude, I would say dumb. The OP said "Bring back the OP version of affliction where we dotted and killed stuff." and I'm the short sighted one for saying there's a reason you're not a dev? Lol, ok.

Now, I'm not arguing for an OP buff to other spells, but I think the sooner blizz deletes MG and figures out how to keep our class going without something like MG it'll be better.

They either need to redesign MG, give another alternative to MG, or put less emphasis on its damage by redirecting it elsewhere in the rotation (probably in a new affliction only spell). That way, if you don't/can't channel it in PvP you aren't getting your damage destroyed, and if you shift the damage around by lowering MG damage then you don't affect PvE. They did a similar thing with destruction in early WoTLK when conflagrate was hitting incredibly hard, and it wasn't uncommon to shadowfury > chaos bolt > conflag kill people with possibly a shadowburn/incinerate spam to finish them off. They broke the damage into a DoT doing some initial damage, and then the remainder of it over the course of like 5 seconds. This didn't affect PvE because all the damage still happened, but the hardcore burst was toned down.

And while we're on that topic I find it pretty funny that now we're at a point were destro is extremely bursty with being able to pool chaos bolts, and under certain conditions (like fear/horror/stun) they could probably get off two bolts before the person, or his teammates, to react to that.
Edited by Varlth on 2/6/2013 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

I wouldn't say rude, I would say dumb. The OP said "Bring back the OP version of affliction where we dotted and killed stuff." and I'm the short sighted one for saying there's a reason you're not a dev? Lol, ok.

I felt like he was just exaggerating for effect and didn't seriously want insane dots everywhere :P.

And I'm quite sure that the PvPer that you are (besides your LFR hero skills) is totally looking out for PvE as well.

I have lfr skills on this toon? O_o. I normalyl just raid on my priest. Too logn to wait in a lfr timer on my lock :P

Anyways I have the belief that if it works in pvp then you tweak for pve. I do agree it was a nice flavor to pve, but I felt that someone... ANYONE should've said "but pvp and interrupts..." and had the idea scrapped. Instead, it somehow made it as a core spell in our damage and gameplay.

02/06/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Varlth
They either need to redesign MG, give another alternative to MG, or put less emphasis on its damage by redirecting it elsewhere in the rotation (probably in a new affliction only spell).

TBH I'm a fan of either 2 or 3. I feel that the viable solution is:
1. Allowing fel flame to trigger dot damage with a glyph (before anyone says "1 sec dot ticks is insane! that's what mg does now...) and
2. Allow drain life to gain an increased effect with more dots on the target (not unheard of, this existed for quite a while as a talent named Soul Siphon for 2 xpacks)
I feel this would fix 2 problems with warlocks currently
1. The whole mess of MG in pvp
and
2. Help warlocks out after our passive survivability was gutted.
Edited by Demonwizard on 2/7/2013 2:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
SO you are angry due to the fact that our dots do not do well? and from what i read you implied they suck, so in TRUTH you are mad becuase your class is not a OP faeroll that takes no effort? maybe you should stop playing warlock and go to being a RETardin,they have what you are looking for.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Just give mg a chance to proc shards 33% or so with the new ua change and I won't complain at all. I have no issues with afflic in pvp besides having to sit on shards because you have NO idea when you will get your next one.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
02/06/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Tinkerbellè

Im not sure about that. Aff locks with good gear, eats my spriest. I think thier fine.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
If you call being the only class in pvp right now that is forced to channel or cast to do dmg with every class being able to lock you out as well as every spell being tied under shadow after said lock out, not to mention healers wiping ALL dots clean after 1 cleanse, being fine.....then by all means.

Buff dots severly, nerf MG severely, give some sort of dot protection, and bring back old shadowflame (possibly with a root) and old health drain mechanic.

And while we're at it buff soul fire for demo, it's terribad.
Edited by Dropdk on 2/7/2013 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You want unbalanced PvP back?There's a reason you're a subscriber, and not a dev.

How come your not a dev?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

For PvE it works fine. Although it really does ring with how Spriests used to work. Although MF didn't boost your DoT damage, you were filling with it and keeping dots up, and MBing (which is a lot like our haunt).

Still, I always get tickled when I get to go into a fight with hero, DS + lifeblood macro, and prepot something, SB:SS, haunt, and MG spam.

Coming from a player that played a Shadow Priest throughout TBC and wotlk this really sucks. I didn't play cata at all and when I came back I wanted the dot class with dots that made you irritated. Now I don't have that at all. I flip back and forth from destro a lot now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]