Looking for a better router

90 Human Hunter
Right now I'm using a Linksys wireless G- 2.4.

It works fine until my wife comes home and watches Lost on Netflix. I'm thinking maybe a different, newer router might help rout the information so wow doesn't become unplayable at night when things like rated BGs and raids are going on.... I mean, I can't really do anything even in less serious 4.x raids even.

I'm going to be replacing the router even if I just get a new Linksys of the same type. I just have to do *something*.
Edited by Galluccio on 2/6/2013 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I mean, forget about gaming. The whole internet is slowed down. I can hardly even use a browser. It's interfering with my ability to do business related tasks online.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm going to go to best buy and see what they suggest and just go with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
If you're on a budget, Best Buy may be a good route to go. If you're not so much on a budget and want a good router that can do all the things you want at the same time, go with this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320115
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would think that's your internet connection rather then router. Get a better connection or change providers.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
02/06/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Galluccio
I mean, forget about gaming. The whole internet is slowed down. I can hardly even use a browser. It's interfering with my ability to do business related tasks online.

I seriously think it's your internet and not your router like stated above. You can try to get a new router and see but I'm not sure. Do you know what internet speed you pay for?
http://www.speedtest.net/

If your speed is too low while Netflix is taking all of it then it'll be a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I'm not on a budget at all.

I was having trouble just doing business when my wife was doing net flix. So, I purchased the most expensive link sys router I could find which was about $180.

The connection is working better than ever. I can net flix going in the other room, my wife has it going, I'm doing a download, I have tried up to 3 instances of wow... and connection is fantastic.

Best. Purchase. This. Month.

Edit: I have the best speed internet connection that comcast offers right now. I pay the bucks to get the best. I don't hold back. I'm not hurting for money we'll say.

Am I hurting for number of boss kills? Absolutely. I only have the first boss down on normal mode in Vaults.
Edited by Galluccio on 2/6/2013 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]