What should my pvp healer be?

90 Pandaren Monk
I'm planning to heal in rbgs and arenas in 5.2 i have all the healing classes at lvl 85 (monk is 90 obvs) i'm leaning more towards monk and druid, i'm just not sure which of those two will be better for pvp, i know a spec doesn't determine a pro player but i would hate to get stuck with the wrong spec.

what do you guys think druid vs monk or maybe other?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
MW monks are just incredible right now. I wish I had one. Their raid healing and damage is really good. Their single target heals aren't comparable to mine, but pallys can't compete with raid healing so it balances out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've seen a lot of high rated rbg players say that MW will be really good for bgs in 5.2, not sure about arena.

The one thing that always gets me to log off my pally is that you get stuck guarding the FC all game. Which is 95% boring, 5% zomgwtfstress.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I don't know if it is the best spec, but a resto druid is hella fun in PvP, provided you have the right comp. The changes in 5.2 look like they will keep us strong, without being over the top. Our talents complement our base skills in terms of CC, and Heart of the Wild will give you some nasty offensive burst to nuke an opponent down, especially if you are comfortable with kitty DPS, or some amazing survivability, especially if you are comfortable using the bear tools. That has been my main area of practice these days, using HotW correctly as a resto-bear.

You will also get Symbiosis at 87, which is fun to use on a hunter or a DK in BGs. I can just imagine the feeling that ret pally has when he pops wings and GotAK on me, and I pop Deterrence in return and dance at him for a bit, then when it fades, root him and run away.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I've seen a lot of high rated rbg players say that MW will be really good for bgs in 5.2, not sure about arena.

The one thing that always gets me to log off my pally is that you get stuck guarding the FC all game. Which is 95% boring, 5% zomgwtfstress.

Yeah i feel your pain... i mained a holy pally back in cata, following the tank and missing out on all the action was boring.... then the tank got too many stacks still without any actions so by the time they come was way too hard to heal..
Edited by Brewmasters on 2/1/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]