Yet another tier/Pvp season of Bad designs

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do the people who design paladin sets even know anything about Paladins?
I think the Paladin class has the most badly designs sets out of all the other classes in the game.
Cmon blizz you have many very talented artist and yet we cant get a decent looking set?
I think were over due for a good looking set.
Challenge mode gear doesn't count. It looks good, but that should have been the tier instead.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, first of all, transmog. I'm just getting that out of the way.

Second, I know your question about if designers know about paladins was more sarcastic than genuine, but I myself wonder that a lot. And I don't even mean the sets, specifically.

The CM armor, and lots of people will disagree, looks dumb. I don't know why looking like a Gundum humped a wasp is cool, but ok. In my opinion, I don't think they'll be able to top this season's PVP gear this expansion. But I didn't really expect too much for us.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, first of all, transmog. I'm just getting that out of the way.

Second, I know your question about if designers know about paladins was more sarcastic than genuine, but I myself wonder that a lot. And I don't even mean the sets, specifically.

The CM armor, and lots of people will disagree, looks dumb. I don't know why looking like a Gundum humped a wasp is cool, but ok. In my opinion, I don't think they'll be able to top this season's PVP gear this expansion. But I didn't really expect too much for us.

Just because we can transmog isn't really an excuse for them to "crank out crappy looking gear". Of course your opinion, or the OP's opinion on how good the gear looks is just that, an opinion. But I agree, the PvP gear looks a little lackluster. Not the worst, but just meh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Try finding gear that looks good on a draenei. the new gear is a joke
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems pally and warrior tier looks got swapped in t15. Warriors in golden knight armor, pallys get.. whatever that green stuff is supposed to be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/31/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Aleaina
Just because we can transmog isn't really an excuse for them to "crank out crappy looking gear".

It's not an excuse, it's a real life solution to the problem. A realistic one. How we look is subjective per case. I'd imagine it's exactly the same for designers. They think the set they made looks awesome, and people will disagree.

So.. transmog, kk? What else we supposed to do? Picket Blizz HQ?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I really like this season's set. It looks pretty vicious compared to all the sparkly sets of the past. I'll probably hang on to it for a while as far as transmog goes.

I suggest those of you who like showing your helms get mine from black temple! It looks awesome with the dreadful pvp set. T2 belt goes with it nicely as well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
See I agree that there are some amazing old sets, but there isnt enough to choose from. I've noticed a huge trend with paladins xmogs, t2 and t6 are everwhere and on almost every pally.
We need some more good options imo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We've got a number of traditionally paladin-y sets. I don't mind some variety now and again. s13 is fine.

t15 doesn't seem very compelling to me and has that weird belt thing, but *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't liked a set of gear since the original warlords

edit - not that I ever had it myself
Edited by Dishbag on 2/1/2013 6:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
blizz hates paladins
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Priest
I kind of like it

It's no Season 11, but its not too shabby
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This coming season actually has a decent looking pally set imo. It's up on WoWhead. But I agree, I usually use the mash of s2/3 that I used in BC just to be different. There's a lot of cliche transmogs for sure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Do the people who design paladin sets even know anything about Paladins?
I think the Paladin class has the most badly designs sets out of all the other classes in the game.
Cmon blizz you have many very talented artist and yet we cant get a decent looking set?
I think were over due for a good looking set.
Challenge mode gear doesn't count. It looks good, but that should have been the tier instead.

This set is hideous.
Reply Quote
41 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't know about you, but S13 looks bad-!@#. ^!^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Can someone post a link of the T15 set? I've seen S13 but can't find T15 on WoWhead
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's all subjective. Everyone has different opinions. I personally love the new pvp gear. Or at least I did until I discovered only horde are getting the red one. I freaking love that set! I was going to start pvping again just to get it! So damn disappointed. I don't like the bluish alliance version! :(

As for the design itself, maybe you need to broaden your ideas about just what a holy warrior is. Some are mad extremists, bent on enforcing their law on the enemy. They're not always the righteous defenders of the innocent. Sometimes they're the zealous judges of the guilty. Think Herod in the original SM armory. That's what the new pvp armor is to me. It's our serious battle gear. Ready to cut loose with the righeous fury.

EDIT:
Actually I'm reminded of the blue response about the design of the Judgement Armor back when that was first released and it copped a lot of hate from people (yes, it really did):

"The Judgement concept is meant to be an Inquisitor-like outfit. The Silver Hand is an overall noble establishment, to be sure -- but there is a time when pleasantries must end and justice must be done. It is called the Judgement armor for a reason -- it is the Paladin's embodiment of delivering their sentence upon the enemy. This is not the defender aspect of the Paladin you're seeing; it is the commanding, faceless aspect of justice, of judgement. There is more to a Paladin than shining armor." -Quote by Blizzard Poster Caydiem.
Edited by Stendarr on 2/8/2013 5:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really like Wrath, Cata and Malev sets, don't know what they're doing with Tyrannical, we aren't warriors, although I like the length of the sword.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
01/31/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Drinkadin
Try finding gear that looks good on a draenei. the new gear is a joke

No really? I have been running BC 25 man raids solo just so i can trandmog to the crystal plate the new stuff is ugly ...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]