Transmog in 5.2 - Congrats, Blizz

Although it is nice that you are 'broadening your horizons' by allowing various 1h weapons to be mogged into each other, you have also left us monks out in the cold, in my opinion.

Let me preface my concern by:
1) Reiterating the complaint that many monks have had which is that we want to be able to see our fist weapons in combat. Yes, I fully understand that monks are masters of unarmed combat, and that's fine, but an option to at least show the awesome weapons we've acquired whilst fighting would be awesome. I know you've said that you are trying to build the tech for this, but it is still a concern worth mentioning.

2) Please give us more weapon options in 5.2! Not just agility fist weapons and staffs. Even if we only bring them out to use 'Jab', it would still be SOMETHING with regards to variety.

3) Your relaxation on transmog restrictions is nice, but again is not really conducive to the monk situation. Nearly all one handed (and 2h) weapons can now be changed to look like the others no matter if they are axes, maces, swords -- yet fist weapons are not included. By doing this, you've essentially shut out monks from using any type of badass looking weapons since a) we never see them anyways, and b) we can't mog them into anything other than fist weapons.

Not a huge issue, but one that I wish there was a solution to.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I want to use my weapons in general dammit. Jab being weaker than a white attack shouldn't be the only time I see them (if I'm using non-fist weapons).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Blizzard specifically mentioned that they will only combine weapons that share animations. I am not even remotely a programmer, but my guess would be that changing the code to make it so that your animations changed to match what your weapon is transmogged to, instead of what you are actually holding, would be a big task that exceeds what they consider to be a good effort to reward ratio.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/01/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Kurgun
Blizzard specifically mentioned that they will only combine weapons that share animations. I am not even remotely a programmer, but my guess would be that changing the code to make it so that your animations changed to match what your weapon is transmogged to, instead of what you are actually holding, would be a big task that exceeds what they consider to be a good effort to reward ratio.

I don't think that's the problem. Hunters can transmog Guns/Crossbows and Bows.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Getting sick of there being no feedback from a blue on this, all we want is a yes or no for monks fist weapon jab issue, if there is any intention tol et us mog 2handers and polearms, 1handers with fist weapons or just plain adding strength polearms and fist weapons and agility 1handers that are not fist weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
02/01/2013 06:32 PMPosted by Kurgun

Its just adding in 1 line of code telling the game to use this animation set over another.

Unless Blizzard has a very clunky programming team who don't organize everything and use an index system to reduce the resources needed by the computer, but instead have the entire code loaded into memory all at once, that would be terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/02/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Darknessbull
Getting sick of there being no feedback from a blue on this

yeah.. we've all been waiting on that, "yes or no" I'd like to know if it's something i should keep looking forward or just forget about it in the meantime... :c
Reply Quote
There's been feedback. You just didn't like their answer. You even mention their answer in the front post.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
they haven't mentioned if it's something they are going to be working on tough.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
There hasn't been any feedback on this topic, theyve only said they're mogging 2 and 1 handers then staves with polearms. There's a lot of warriors wanting fists, a lot of monks wanting to see their fists and a lot of rogues sick of their fists. Not to mention countless plate wearers wanting poles also.
Reply Quote
They have stated it is not technically possible at the moment, but they are going to work on it.

Again, you just did not like their response.

After all, people like you want them to get new models out now despite the fact it's not an instant process.

Things take time. Programming is harder than you guys seem to realize.
Reply Quote
37 Pandaren Priest
02/02/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Lightvoid
Its just adding in 1 line of code telling the game to use this animation set over another.

It really isn't just one line of code, it's never just 1 line. At the very minimum they would need 5, and I suspect it's actually significantly more due to edge cases.

Consider some of the glaring bugs with Transmog/animations as it is (Fist in MH, Sword/Axe/Mace in OH = MH using Sword/Axe/Mace animation instead of fist for example).

The Transmog system is a significantly more complex system of Cosmetic gear than has been implemented in most other games (and it somewhat baffles me why it was done this way). What I'm say here is that the game is having to track:
Actual Item
Tmog Item
Where is the Tmog item

vs other games where it only needs to track 1 item (the cosmetic one), and it doesn't even need to track the location more than "it's in this cosmetic slot".

Also this:
They have stated it is not technically possible at the moment, but they are going to work on it.

After all, people like you want them to get new models out now despite the fact it's not an instant process.

Edited by Shiningcat on 2/4/2013 6:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It would be nice to see our weapons used a bit more in combat. I'd like to see if put into another spell or two.

They should make an attack that you spin high (weapons out) and attack from above bringing the weapons down on the target. And give it a bleed effect. We could use another DOT spell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

There has been feedback on this. They stated it's a technical issue with monk animations clipping with weapon animations. Basically they'd have to in depth redo animation art. They haven't said no probably because they are looking into it, and haven't said yes as to let you down if it simply doesn't work.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
02/04/2013 10:14 AMPosted by Monkchibzns

There has been feedback on this. They stated it's a technical issue with monk animations clipping with weapon animations. Basically they'd have to in depth redo animation art. They haven't said no probably because they are looking into it, and haven't said yes as to let you down if it simply doesn't work.

Well I haven't seen any feedback regarding default animations on monks. I know for fact that they look great, since your copies from Storm, Earth an Fire use different weapons and default animations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
02/04/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Asmodi
Well I haven't seen any feedback regarding default animations on monks.

Most feedback like this has been posted on twitter. Dev's have admitted they stay away from class forums most of the time due to the unconstructive content the majority of them contain. This is something that was brought to their attention from the start, they are aware, and can only say so much on it. Why beat a dead horse to continue to try and acknowledge a known problem to make people feel they are listened to? They just need to research a little more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
01/31/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Happy
2) Please give us more weapon options in 5.2! Not just agility fist weapons and staffs. Even if we only bring them out to use 'Jab', it would still be SOMETHING with regards to variety.

However this is something I can agree with. There would be less concern about fist weapon animation if more one handed agi weapons were available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Getting sick of there being no feedback from a blue on this, all we want is a yes or no for monks fist weapon jab issue, if there is any intention tol et us mog 2handers and polearms, 1handers with fist weapons or just plain adding strength polearms and fist weapons and agility 1handers that are not fist weapons.

Blue stated a while back that they would no longer be trolling the class forums.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

Can you give me the link to this then?

And im not exactly sure of the size of whats up your !@#, but calm down guy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
01/31/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Happy
Not a huge issue, but one that I wish there was a solution to.

This makes me a sad Panda
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]