why philosopher's stone is still needed?

92 Night Elf Druid
Just leveled my alt's alchemy to almost 600 and every transmute says "requires philosopher's stone" a green item with low level stats that you have to carry in your bags the whole time.

Blizzard, when are you going to let alchemist replace it with current trinkets/stones?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
You do realize that the level 90 trinket is a Philosophers Stone...don't you? You replace them as you level. If you are power leveling, why would it matter the level if it serves the purpose. At 90, you get the current alchemy trinket.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
01/31/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Higeki
You do realize that the level 90 trinket is a Philosophers Stone...don't you? You replace them as you level. If you are power leveling, why would it matter the level if it serves the purpose. At 90, you get the current alchemy trinket.

No did didn't realize that lvl 90 trinkets are philosopher's stone. It does NOT say on them. Alchemist's stone doesn't mean "philosopher's stone". Besides my alt isn't lvl 90 yet but at 585 alch. So you are saying I need to wait till lvl 90 (3 levels for me) before I can make lvl 90 trinket in order to do transmutes?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/31/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Elvinna
No did didn't realize that lvl 90 trinkets are philosopher's stone. It does NOT say on them. Alchemist's stone doesn't mean "philosopher's stone". Besides my alt isn't lvl 90 yet but at 585 alch. So you are saying I need to wait till lvl 90 (3 levels for me) before I can make lvl 90 trinket in order to do transmutes?

You can use any of the various stones from any level for the purposes of transmutation. People just normally use the highest level one since they probably crafted it as gear when they were first at max level.

As an aside, the Alchemist's Stone does actually say: "Can be used for transmutations in place of a Philosopher's Stone".
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
Thx Medeyn
Reply Quote
The MoP variant - Zen Alchemist's Stone - is awarded from a quest-giving world drop - Strange Spherical Stone which should drop for you well before you hit 90. I got mine around lvl 86 and the Zen stone only requires lvl 85/alchemy 500 to equip.

I wasn't really paying attention at the time, so am not sure whether the Zen stone is also responsible for increasing the effectiveness of your Alchemist's Flask. But I suspect that it is, as I had maxed my alchemy (and was still only getting the Cata-level enhancement from Alchemist's Flask) before I started leveling my alchemist past 85.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
On my crappy Warlock I still kept my level 35 Alchemist philosopher's stone I wish they made another version of it just make one Add plus 100 to all Stats or something.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Pretty sure you have to be level 86 before the flask kicks over to Mists levels to prevent twinking.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I am trying to make a Philosopher's Stone. I have all the ingredients but when I click on create it tell me I need a philosopher's stone to make a philosopher's stone. Where do I get a philosopher's stone? This is crappy, My alt 63 Warlock is my alchemist. This is impossible to do under these rules.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Finally figured out how to make the stone. In in the new Dranor patch the quens make things more difficult. You have to have the item your making first on the queen list or it will take them in order if all the items are present. If not then it stops on the item that is missing an ingredient or stone. Just empty the queen and then put the item you want in the quene by itself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]