New Rep Faction in 5.2 earned from Raiding?

(Locked)

90 Draenei Shaman
does this include LFR? If not it should!!
Edited by Shockem on 2/1/2013 8:02 AM PST
90 Human Priest
If it requires raiding to get the reputation, then we're right back into the problem that Cataclysm exacerbated.
14 Night Elf Hunter
The problem is not that there will be a raid faction reputation, it is that the vp gear will be gated behind it but the upgraders will be removed. So we will be at a point where some players can't spend their vp.
Maybe WO's?
90 Night Elf Priest
02/01/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Littledeer
The problem is not that there will be a raid faction reputation, it is that the vp gear will be gated behind it but the upgraders will be removed. So we will be at a point where some players can't spend their vp.

We are at that point now. I can't spend my VP on this toon as I am only friendly with all the factions and I hate dailies. Oh well I guess....
90 Orc Shaman
HC
Considering you could do the welfare legendary gem from LFR, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get rep from it.
14 Night Elf Hunter

We are at that point now. I can't spend my VP on this toon as I am only friendly with all the factions and I hate dailies. Oh well I guess....

But you can do dailies. Everybody can do dailies. Not everybody can raid. Even LFR is a challenge for me due to my blurry picture. You can also buy gear from the AH and upgrade that to spend your vp or do LFR/raiding and upgrade drops. That option will be taken away too.
Edited by Littledeer on 2/1/2013 9:05 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
Yes, you can get this rep in LFR
90 Human Death Knight
02/01/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Sensations
Considering you could do the welfare legendary gem from LFR, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get rep from it.
If the rep has nothing to do with the legendary quest line then no it wont be in LFR. Plus it's not like a full set of gear is going to be gated behind the rep, 1-3 piece's for each class and spec probably. Rest will be crafting recipes/toys.

02/01/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Whyvette
If it requires raiding to get the reputation, then we're right back into the problem that Cataclysm exacerbated.
Cata? Is that the first time you encountered a raid rep? What about the ICC rep? Or the rep in Black Temple? Or how about Hydraxian Waterlords in MC? Brood of Nozdormu rep can only be obtained in AQ.

Seriously this is no big deal and dont see why people are throwing a fuss over it.
14 Night Elf Hunter
They stated that there wont be any vp gear gated behind the daily faction. And if they rely on crafted gear...my guess is that it will then be raid drop patterns and mats which I can't effort. So we go back to raiders get everything...hopefully not.
90 Undead Rogue
02/01/2013 09:14 AMPosted by Littledeer
They stated that there wont be any vp gear gated behind the daily faction. And if they rely on crafted gear...my guess is that it will then be raid drop patterns and mats which I can't effort. So we go back to raiders get everything...hopefully not.

This is true, and I think - with how people are responding to dailies that its for the best. I like dailies and have been defending them but even I'm getting burned out. So its break time for a while.

I wonder then - what's the point of adding a new faction if there's no rep rewards though?
90 Human Priest
Cata? Is that the first time you encountered a raid rep? What about the ICC rep? Or the rep in Black Temple? Or how about Hydraxian Waterlords in MC? Brood of Nozdormu rep can only be obtained in AQ.

Seriously this is no big deal and dont see why people are throwing a fuss over it.

Learn to understand what the large word "exacerbated" means. It means that the problem (tying rep to raiding) was made worse. Now I understand that I use large words sometimes, but that doesn't mean you can go flying off the handle because you don't know what the word means.
29 Human Mage
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297753299?page=12#238

Also, the valor reputation can be earned through the Raid Finder too but you need to kill bosses to get beyond a certain threshold. So we probably won't see something like the old Icecrown Citadel reputation runs.
90 Human Death Knight

Learn to understand what the large word "exacerbated" means. It means that the problem (tying rep to raiding) was made worse. Now I understand that I use large words sometimes, but that doesn't mean you can go flying off the handle because you don't know what the word means.
Explain how it was made worse. Cause in all honesty it's just the same stuff. Seriously tell me what was so different in the rep gain in Cata?
90 Human Priest
02/01/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Basturus
Explain how it was made worse. Cause in all honesty it's just the same stuff. Seriously tell me what was so different in the rep gain in Cata?

During Cataclysm, the raiders did indeed get richer at the expense of everyone else (and there wasn't LFR until the last raid). There weren't entry-level patterns other than PvP. People hit an absolute brick wall unless they were a raider. Then came the Troll dungeons and the abject failure that was the Molten Front (I've posted about how MF was a failure during the MoP beta and how it's best to not repeat "the spire came back--take it again" every single friggin' day).

In other versions of WoW, there was always another way to progress in the storyline and with gear. Not so in Cataclysm, because it catered to raiders and then went into massive spinning because 2 million subs left. Once people hit that brick wall, there was no going back.

There should be multiple ways of progression.

PS--This is coming from a person who did two Ramkahen dailies to Exalted on my Paladin without that character ever setting foot in a single Cataclysm dungeon due to the brick wall. The couple of dungeons were done on other characters. I know what a horrific grind is from doing just two dailies to Exalted. The system in-game right now isn't horrific by a long shot.
Edited by Whyvette on 2/1/2013 9:39 AM PST
90 Pandaren Warrior
02/01/2013 09:07 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Yes, you can get this rep in LFR
There you have it. It's official.
1 Tauren Hunter
I am very tired if hearing people cry about not getting this, that, or some other thing because it is a reward for an activity they choose not to do.

Blizzard put in LFR so those who cannot commit to a regular raid team can see the content, and I think that is fantastic. However, this seems to have people confused. Gear does NOT equal content.

If you want the rewards (gear), then do the work. There is nothing hard about this concept. There is no such thing as "can't" in this game, rather you choose whether or not to do something.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]