New Rep Faction in 5.2 earned from Raiding?

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Priest
you call me elitest and say im bringing people down but yet you do not disagree with me, once again, the truth hurts.

LFR is for scrubs, scrubs who can't do normal modes because they get killed by a 1 shot mechanic and get removed from the group.

LFR is for the 2 hour a week casual, he wants to feel like an endgame raider because he failed in the past and wasn't invited back, now he can just hit I and pretend.

LFR is for people who are too lazy to do a few extra dungeons every week, and they need to valor cap faster, because they wont do daily quests cause they are " too repetitive "

once again, its not trolling if its the truth, if you cant handle the truth you dont belong on the forums.
100 Human Warlock
LFR is to see content. It is not a replacement for normal raiding. This reputation shouldn't be available through LFR.

Edit: Just saw the blue confirm it comes from LFR :(
Edited by Amarix on 2/2/2013 8:51 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
02/02/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Amarix
LFR is to see content. It is not a replacement for normal raiding. Hopefully this reputation is not available through LFR.
100 Human Warlock
02/02/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Shockem

we all pay the same as you do so why not have it for lfr for us casual players!!

You're a casual, I am now one too as of this expansion. I don't need to be at the same level of the game that people who put time into it are, that includes reputations. There's been at least one raid-exclusive reputation in every expansion, so this is nothing new, and casuals never were able to complete it (except ICC through trash grinds). Nothing to complain about.

The whole "I pay the same amount of money" argument is flawed. You pay for a license to use Blizzard's game, you don't own it. You put the amount of time you choose to in said game, and however much time you put in spells out what you get. Sounds fair, right?
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/01/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Druga
The raid rep (and their delicious, delicious Valor epics) includes LFR. You will need to kill bosses though to keep progressing it. No more ICC trash rep runs.

So here's a question, why have valor gear gated behind rep at all? I definitely see it as a step in the right direction having valor gated behind raids instead of dailies. But it's still a double-tax. You earn valor points, but in order to spend said points, you need to earn rep on top of it.

So that valor gear is worthless I guess.

As it is I do not get rep on my alts who could use the gear because I refuse to do dailies on them and my main does not usually need the gear once I can buy it.

So valor gear is basically worthless for my main. By the time the valor gear is unlocked I bet I will not need it for this new vendor again. At least with no upgrades I can stop the treadmill of feeling like I have to cap each week to get gear upgrades.

I might be able to cut back on my time in the game. Now if only they would do away with the need for dailies so I could really start to spend time on my leveling of alts.
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/02/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Shockem
Just to be clear LFR is the best feature since dual spec for me. now i can raid when my schedule fits i do have a life/family!! it's the basement babies that are crying about us casuals having a chance to get rep from LFR!! everyone can daily and get rep from 5.0-5.1 faction so why not have all types of raids offer rep for all types of players in 5.2! whats the big deal anyhow its rep-gear/valor gear?

Actually the current set up of LFR is horrible for dual specs.

I would love to be able to heal in LFR and be able to get my off spec DPS gear but since Blizzard does not have a way to select the spec you want gear for I either have to spend a long time in a queue waiting for healers or queue as a healer and see if i can try DPSing to get the gear I might want.
90 Blood Elf Warrior
So now I am being forced to raid eh? Guess I need to find another mmo!
100 Goblin Shaman
02/02/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Littledeer
Anybody tell me that they go back to do repetitive content for the 100th time just for fun?

You might find this odd- but I do.

Back during BC, I soloed a lot of the older dungeons on my hunter: SFK at around level 36-37ish (at that level back then it was possible to solo it- just took a while) for about 2 months (I'm not kidding- I took forever to level my hunter even by BC standards).

At 70, I did my best to solo old Stratholme (some of those bosses could be a pain). Of course, eventually I found out the Baron dropped a mount (to this day I think it's a lie).

When I roll an alt, I always do the new Forsaken story lines. There's just something about them that I love.

Recently, on my DK that I haven't touched since early Cata- I was trying to solo Tol'vir normal at 85.

And then there's ICC- figured out I can solo Marrow on my priest- and that's one of the raids I've ran almost 26 times back in LK. In fact, in LK, I would go to ICC when I could just because I found it fun.

Heck, even raiding- I do it just for fun (though I prefer to do the content while it's relevant- been like that since LK though.)

I do these thing for fun and it also helps me learn what I can/can't handle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dailies though are one of the few things I can't stand. I'll start them up for a short while, then get completely bored by the time I hit honored.

BC was the only time I've been able to stomach dailies- it was something different at the time.
Edited by Jujubiju on 2/3/2013 12:03 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
[quote="78100386164"]

1) Why don't you buy some items for gold if you want to get into the next LFRs.

2) Gear has always been gated behind something, rep, VP, bosses etc etc. Personally I would much rather have it gated and need me to unlock it and so encourage me to be on as often as possible than have a repeat of cata where I only needed to log in once a week to cap VP and then have nothing else to do.

I also like the current situation of having a choice of capping VP from a mix of dailies, scenarios, 5 mans, LFR and normal modes. There is something for every kind of time commitment each time I log on.

Your answers
1) I do not have the gold to buy gear. It is that simple; with 17,000 odd gold, there is not much I can buy.
2) It is fine to gate gear or valor or any reward, but gating something twice makes no sense.

You are gated to earn valor, this is fine. You are gated a second time to spend it not good. If the blue was correct, and the valor gear was supposed to be a way to fill in an ocasional gap, they are assuming you ground the rep with every faction so you could buy the gear that you are missing. It also assumes you are getting gear in the first place. Some players do not get gear on any kind of regular distribution. That leaves only one way to get gear, valor, because no one could afford to buy a whole set of BOE gear, ever if there were pieces for every slot, purchasing gear from the AH is not a real option.

Double gating makes no sense. It slows progression too much for the players with less than 5 hours a day to spend playing. There is no way some players can do dailies for every faction every day.
100 Draenei Death Knight
02/01/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Bashiok
You will need to kill bosses though to keep progressing it. No more ICC trash rep runs.
Thank you very much
100 Blood Elf Priest
02/02/2013 04:26 AMPosted by Sorchia

Maybe they can get trolls like yourself to though. :)

Trolling is one thing, being brutally honest is something else completely, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Calling others casual noobs (btw, it's spelled n00b) is pretty sad coming from you with that gear and haphazard reforging. Unless you're including yourself, of course and we don't hear that snide elitism dripping from your post.

Oh wait, you were being serious and thinking of yourself as "above all those casuals".

Sorry, your armory shows otherwise.
29 Human Mage
you call me elitest and say im bringing people down but yet you do not disagree with me, once again, the truth hurts.

LFR is for scrubs, scrubs who can't do normal modes because they get killed by a 1 shot mechanic and get removed from the group.

LFR is for the 2 hour a week casual, he wants to feel like an endgame raider because he failed in the past and wasn't invited back, now he can just hit I and pretend.

LFR is for people who are too lazy to do a few extra dungeons every week, and they need to valor cap faster, because they wont do daily quests cause they are " too repetitive "

once again, its not trolling if its the truth, if you cant handle the truth you dont belong on the forums.

12 normal boss kills
186 LFR boss kills
And a bunch of level 85 alts (except the warlock)

Are you just lazy, a scrub or a 2 hour a week casual who wants to feel like an end game raider?
Edited by Bobmistina on 2/4/2013 12:18 PM PST
100 Undead Death Knight
It is absolutely shocking how many of you want to take things away from other players despite it having no impact on your gameplay

Its like a huge amount of your game satisfaction comes from having what others do not.

Well whatever. I can't schedule my life around a video game in any degree. RL always trumps wow. I love LFR because I can see all of the pve content and get a nice productive steady pve progression if I want to on any toon without having to schedule my RL around other wow players.

Its definitely not free loot. I know if I total how many hours I have to play LFR to get the gear it is quite a bit of time. It is just another big time sink like everything else in MMO's.

Lots of higher power gear is gated behind things that require a certain group skill level. However the true cost of everything in WoW is time, your free time. Having LFR with no rewards would make it almost empty after a couple weeks. I spend time to get rewards. Seeing the end game content is a nice reward but almost worthless in repetition. It is the gear that keeps me coming back.

Gear without too much frustration or too much time. Thats the balance that keeps me playing. I really find that when a gear grind ends it kills my desire to play that toon unless I'm REALLY bored in RL. I generally will just make a new toon for a new gear grind.

Anways rep from LFR has no real downside. It will still take a ton of time. Your precious free time. A heroic/normal raider's free time isn't worth more than mine and we all pay for WoW.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]