New Rep Faction in 5.2 earned from Raiding?

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
(WOTLK) Icecrown Citadel - Ashtongue Deathsworn
You meant Ashen Verdict lol
Edited by Basturus on 2/1/2013 10:50 AM PST
Community Manager
02/01/2013 10:40 AMPosted by Kathrian

Trash rep runs were fun and have been in the game forever. Don't know why you guys think its a bad thing.

I never found it to be bad, just boring as hell to go clear trash for hours on end to cheese the rep earning mechanic.

Yeah, but then we'd probably want to balance rep gain speed with the assumption that you're chain-running trash, which makes people who don't do it (but are raiding and killing bosses) slower at getting access to those items. That doesn't really make much sense, mechanically or in the kind of in-world sense of "impressing" a group of people with your accomplishments.

"Huzzah! The hero hath once again slain many inconsequential foes, to leap through thine magic portal, and oft returneth to... doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."
90 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Bashiok
No more ICC trash rep runs.

Thank you.
100 Human Paladin
02/01/2013 11:01 AMPosted by Bashiok
"Huzzah! The hero hath once again slain many inconsequential foes, to leap through thine magic portal, and oft returneth to... doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."

Haha, though slight tweaks to that could be an argument against daily quests

"Huzzah! The hero hath once again run many inconsequential errands, to fly through the wonderous zone, and oft returneth to...doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."
93 Troll Monk

I never found it to be bad, just boring as hell to go clear trash for hours on end to cheese the rep earning mechanic.

Yeah, but then we'd probably want to balance rep gain speed with the assumption that you're chain-running trash, which makes people who don't do it (but are raiding and killing bosses) slower at getting access to those items. That doesn't really make much sense, mechanically or in the kind of in-world sense of "impressing" a group of people with your accomplishments.

Yeah, even as a raider who killed heroic LK and was given a fancy mount for doing so, I so did not partake of the endless trash clear runs our guild did. We had like 15 I think grind all the way to exalted, think I stopped at honored early.

Yeah, you get the reward early, but with how LONG you're in the same instance, you'd get there eventually anyway, why make yourself burned out week one? Happy to see the idea of the trash farming for rep not returning with this.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
So since we'll be able to get rep in lfr is there anything stopping us we only get a certain amount of rep per week? Can see it going really badly if you can just spam run lfr and constantly get rep from the bosses.(also 200-250 mount achievements maybe?)
Edited by Wilhelm on 2/1/2013 11:13 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
02/01/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Dailies make so much more sense than trash, though. The pandaren are constantly fighting back the mogu, our help is needed and they appreciate. The farm always needs help, the factions are at constant war in Krasarang now - that's all relevant.

Reseting time so you can cheat a faction of their good graces is cheap.
100 Human Paladin
Dailies make so much more sense than trash, though. The pandaren are constantly fighting back the mogu, our help is needed and they appreciate. The farm always needs help, the factions are at constant war in Krasarang now - that's all relevant.

Reseting time so you can cheat a faction of their good graces is cheap.

Oh, I know its much better than grinding trash, but I couldnt help myself
96 Human Priest

Best blue post I've seen in a long time, lol.
100 Night Elf Rogue

"Huzzah! The hero hath once again run many inconsequential errands, to fly through the wonderous zone, and oft returneth to...doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."

Great catch.
02/01/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Basturus
(WOTLK) Icecrown Citadel - Ashtongue Deathsworn

No, he meant Ashtongue Deathsworn.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/faction/ashtongue-deathsworn

Or check your Reputation page on the Armory.
85 Troll Hunter

Regardless of anything else, these trash runs serve an important purpose to the community - getting people into server organized groups to enter a raid. Believe it or not, many people got into raiding around "silly" things like a trash run or running one of the weekly raid quests in Wrath. It also allows people to try their hand at raid leading (and I'm not ashamed to admit that's where I got started RLing). After a while, I was putting together pugs for all kinds of content.

Sometimes things have a community impact that goes way beyond the impact on individual players.

And frankly, there is so much solo or solo que-able content that I'd love to see some of the server oriented activities come back more. (Like removing the 10/25 shared lockouts, trash rep runs, for the horde/alliance, etc).
100 Draenei Paladin

Chaz +1

Blue 0
100 Undead Death Knight
[quote="78098285257"][quote]

Lol so true
90 Night Elf Rogue

But you said LFR will give rep
41 Troll Warrior

Reminds me of dailies.

Kidding!
100 Undead Warlock
I support this change. Raid rep should only come from bosses.

Maaaaybe allow up to friendly just from trash.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Amaer

Great catch.
02/01/2013 10:49 AMPosted by Basturus

No, he meant Ashtongue Deathsworn.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/faction/ashtongue-deathsworn

Or check your Reputation page on the Armory.

uh....check your link.

Very, hilariously wrong.
85 Troll Hunter
Simple solution would be to have LFR rep be a very low amount for killing bosses only.

Have initial raid trash give rep (to have trash rep runs) up to honored or revered only.

Have raid trash leading to final bosses give rep up to exalted at a relatively high amount.

Have normal and heroic boss kills give a lot of rep, increasing by how far the boss is in the progression (1st boss lowest rep, thunder king highest).
90 Draenei Hunter
Simple solution would be to have LFR rep be a very low amount for killing bosses only.

I don't understand how a playerbase that complains constantly that MoP hates alts wants to punish alts further by making it harder for them to gear up.
100 Human Paladin
02/01/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Kyrthae
I don't understand how a playerbase that complains constantly that MoP hates alts wants to punish alts further by making it harder for them to gear up.

Because the 'playerbase' didnt do anything, there is nothing that you can get anyone to agree on, and the forums are far from a majority of anything.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]