best tank class

90 Night Elf Druid
02/03/2013 01:03 AMPosted by Zapwidget
The two concepts are mutually exclusive, and by and large the consensus is the latter, that all tanks are considered balanced, and therefore warriors are not OP.

The portrait says gnome, but the behavior says troll. Most fights don't have lots of mobs beating on the tank at once, so it's perfectly possible for tanks to be well balanced in most situations, but warriors to be OP in that specific, fairly rare, situation due to a specific mechanic (Revenge) that scales with number of attackers in a way that is unlike the mechanics of other tank specs.

Which is *exactly* what several people are trying to tell you on the other thread, before you had to bring the argument to this one. And it's not a complex enough idea that you should be genuinely incapable of understanding it, so the most likely conclusion is that you're pretending not to understand the point just to be annoying (or because you have no viable counterargument).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/03/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Caharina
As the creator of the drinking game, I assure you "which tank is best" was one of the reasons to /drink!

Yay! /drink

On topic: True love > Theoretical OPness, and only true tanks will understand.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The best tanking class in the whole World of Warcraft is the one YOU and YOU alone like playing most.

Now that your question is answered...

/drink
/HighPaw
/stagger towards next boss
/Keg Smash, Jab, BoK, BoK, ...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Everytime someone says "high paw", I die a little inside.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/04/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Zionic

Especially since Pandarens have hands with digits and opposable thumbs and not paws. But, to each their own :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/04/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Zionic

/Highpaw

/Lowpaw

To slow..
Reply Quote
74 Gnome Mage
mage tank ftw just look at my hat!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
My favorite tank class was "Mobility 203: How to keep mobs just outside melee range for your DPS"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/01/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Animmality
I have a 90 warrior i used to tank with back in bc and wrath, i want to start tanking again and looking for a new toon to lvl. What is the best class to lvl as a tank now? warrior, pally, dk, monk? I am going to start fresh and was leaning toward starting a new warrior but i know blood dk's and pallys have good self heals. Since i havent tanked in a while i wanted some good input on which classes tend to tank the best now

I can't speak to which is best but I would say turn your druid into a tank. Guardian tanking is fun in my opinion. Been a bear tank since early Wrath. And since warrior and bear are both rage tanks it might seem more familiar for you than the others.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
That is so true, a good tank comes from the keyboard. Its easy to get nervous and start tabbing out everywhere when ur holding a big mob. Its all about keeping it cool and calm, know ur class and most of all u dont want to be the guy getting carried. I study vids for hour if i have to on fatboss or tankspot and we cleared another 3 bosses tonight. IF a tank doesnt know the fight its game over for sure. Utilize addons too, I use VUhdo for tank spells like for hand of sac and salvation, I miss my righteous defense, But i adjusted. My pally is PUnisher from the Dark SIde Dragonblight horde :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
As a budding healer, I haven't had a problem with any specific class of tank. The biggest problem I've had are people coming into the dungeon with a class that CAN tank, but not having the proper gear or the know-how to actually tank. I can't tell you how many tanks I've run into with CLOTH BoA gear on because, "It's Heirloom, and stats don't really matter at this level." I'm sorry, but that's not the case. Yes, in the beginning dungeons like RFC, VC, and WC it's not a big issue because even if you only have one of your DPS in full BoAs mobs are going to die quickly and the need for a proper tank isn't there. However, later in the game the need for a proper tank arises and people still have the Early Dungeon mentality. 'I have heirloom gear on, it doesn't matter.' Then the DPS get pissed at the healer because they can't keep the tank healed enough and the DPS starts getting attacked.

I don't think we need a discussion on which class is a better tank, a discussion on how to tank and how to gear your character for the best possible outcomes. Now, I do understand that there's no "Leather Tanking" heirlooms. But, that's compensated by talents and spec spells given to you when you choose Guardian or Brewmaster. For the Plate Tanks, even if you only have the DPS Mail/Plate Heirloom gear. That's better than nothing. And for you Pallies and Warriors out there who insist on using a 2H weapon for tanking... Come on! You have the ability to use a shield. It's there for a purpose! USE IT!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

all those are outdated, id like some input on which class tends to be the better tank now
Try sorting by date.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Choz
As the creator of the drinking game, I assure you "which tank is best" was one of the reasons to /drink!

Yay! /drink

On topic: True love > Theoretical OPness, and only true tanks will understand.

02/04/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Pokémonk
The best tanking class in the whole World of Warcraft is the one YOU and YOU alone like playing most.

^ This.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
04/28/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Giggs
I'm sorry, but that's not the case.

Yes, it is the case.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Personally, I think the M1 Abrams is the best tank.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I think people are getting pretty silly.

Paladins are pretty clearly the most powerful tank right now. They have more success at the highest levels of content.

Now, that said, for 95% of the content, it doesn't matter at all. And it's fairly certain that this guy asking the question will not be likely to be in the position where it will make a difference. But there's a right answer here.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The only thing better than a "which class is better thread" is a necroed "which class is better thread."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
My favorite tank class was "Mobility 203: How to keep mobs just outside melee range for your DPS"

lmao, I've done that before.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you have the stones for it Haste Prot Paladins are crazy. I still can't get over some of the tanks I have run with in the past using this play style.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Warning, opinion here:

If you plan on raiding, is the other tank a plate class? Go Druid/Monk. Are they a Druid/Monk? Go with a plate class.

Hurray for no overlaps on most gear slots!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]