PSA: Do not attempt 'Accomplished Angler'

Accomplished Angler and the Salty title are no longer available unless you have already completed The Scavenger achievement, as the fishing pool Bloodsail Wreckage is no longer in the game.

The whole situation is very discouraging considering the achievements tab still indicates that it is available. The first GM I contacted told me that these pools still existed and referred me to a wowhead page where recent comments state that they no longer exist as of 5.0.5, so do not be fooled.

Hopefully this will be fixed and not removed entirely as that would be a month of fishing down the drain for me.
Edited by Shalim on 2/1/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/01/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Shalim
a month of fishing

*shudder*
Reply Quote
88 Human Hunter
The Scavenger still works; I just did it on 1/12/13. The pools, however, are bugged and sometimes do not give correct credit. The ones in stranglethorn did not register. I had to go to the pools in the western plaguelands to finish it, if I remember correctly.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Mumberthrax
The Scavenger still works; I just did it on 1/12/13. The pools, however, are bugged and sometimes do not give correct credit. The ones in stranglethorn did not register. I had to go to the pools in the western plaguelands to finish it, if I remember correctly.

My friend can confirm that this is true and it only works in Stranglethorn ~30% of the time since they tend to bug out. Head to WPL to be safe.
Reply Quote

My friend can confirm that this is true and it only works in Stranglethorn ~30% of the time since they tend to bug out. Head to WPL to be safe.

I'm talking about BLOODSAIL WRECKAGE not waterlogged wreckage.
The bugged waterlogged wreckages in STV that do not count towards the achievement may be further indication of the removal of Bloodsail Wreckage being unintentional.

It's very annoying to have worked so hard at this only to find it's unattainable.
Edited by Shalim on 2/2/2013 12:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
42 Worgen Warlock
Agreed Bloodsail Wreckages no longer exist. There is even a forum post with pretty blue writing alluding to the ever popular, and vague, fan favorite "this will be fixed in an upcoming patch". Thanks Blizz
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So I wasted all this time fishing for nothing?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
02/05/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Velerean
So I wasted all this time fishing for nothing?

I don't know. I find Fishing to be fairly profitable myself. If all you wanted out of the profession is that one achievement, then yes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
02/01/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Shalim
Hopefully this will be fixed and not removed entirely as that would be a month of fishing down the drain for me.

How is this possible? You couldn't have spent 1 month fishing from the four available junk pools.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
On December 23rd a GM told me this is a known issue and it should appear on an upcoming hot fix or patch, but discouragingly there have been a few hot fixes that have not mentioned this and as of now it isn't in the 5.2 patch notes. It's pretty upsetting considering it's not even a difficult achievement and it's the only one I need for Accomplished Angler.
Reply Quote
77 Draenei Death Knight
If you're trying to do this achievement, CHECK OLD CHARACTERS! After seeing this thread I went and checked a hunter I used to main with and he had Bloodsail Wreckage checked off on the achievement, he's just missing one of the other pools.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I believe you have to log onto the character with the achievement, but once you log on, it should register for all of them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]