Preparing for Patch 5.2 - Blacksmithing

90 Worgen Warrior
Patch 5.2 is bringing some substantial content to Warcraft. With this in mind, have you been preparing for it or will you let it pass you by and miss the opportunity to make insane amounts of gold? I am taking option 1, and with this I've released some of my preparations for Patch 5.2 in a video on my YouTube Channel. If you're interested, check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlwClyVTGes

A simple 'like' or even subscribing for more content is so appreciated. I put a great deal of work into my preparations and this video. Thank you for watching.

TL;DR - ITT: What are you doing to prepare for Patch 5.2?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
And then after the patch you realize every one else has been doing the same thing and you don't make anywhere near what you're expecting because people will be undercutting like mad.

That being said, I have about 3000 stacks of ore sitting in my mail that ive been too lazy to prospect so i'll be hanging onto it to see what prices go to in 5.2. Also have about 10x stacks of living steel sitting in my bags, and about 1000 stacks of ghost iron bars somewhere in my alts mail so i'll be set. Also have about 10 stacks of primal diamonds, and about 500 each of river's heart/sunstone to cut the pvp power and resil gems because they will be selling like hotcakes when the new pvp seasons starts (which i assume will be right when 5.2 hits or shortly after, haven't really looked around much at it)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I didn't bother watching your video, but if you think the easy mode BS revamp is coming in 5.2...I'd say there is about a 5% chance (if that) - it's more likely to come in 5.3 with all the other professions as well (if they even decide to do it.)

Putting additional stress on current expansion materials is a BAD idea. If anything, this should be released in the next expansion pre-patch.
Edited by Ashlí on 2/2/2013 7:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
There are two new craftable materials (1 used by BS the other by engineering) that use Ghost Iron and Leving Steel. So having those on hand will let you craft new stuff. And keeping current in the market is always profitable.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
02/02/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Dastalis
There are two new craftable materials (1 used by BS the other by engineering) that use Ghost Iron and Leving Steel. So having those on hand will let you craft new stuff. And keeping current in the market is always profitable.

Yep, I've been stockpiling since the announcement not to make money, but to craft a bunch of weapons for my alts.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I did not see anything about transmog guns, when I heard about this.

Disappointed.

I can haz snacks too?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I did not see anything about transmog guns, when I heard about this.

Disappointed.

I can haz snacks too?

Blizzard is just keeping with the theme this xpac of it being a pain in the %$% to get a (decent)weapon as a hunter...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I've been just saving all the ghost iron ore i can ge, hoping the prices will skyrocket once the patch hits considering i dont do blacksmithing, Unless maybe i decide to get into abit, Depending on what they come out with thats new and exciting.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/04/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Kazzionn
I've been just saving all the ghost iron ore i can ge, hoping the prices will skyrocket once the patch hits considering i dont do blacksmithing, Unless maybe i decide to get into abit, Depending on what they come out with thats new and exciting.

it will most certainly go up but i highly doubt anything aproaching skyrocketing. People buy and prospect hundreds sometimes thousands of ghost iron ore a day so anything used to level up is a drop in the bucket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]