Faster NET Speeds Affording better DPS/HPS

1 Gnome Warlock
Is there not some kind of median throttle on relay so as to maintain balance on the technical side of the game?
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
Seems like everyone that is aware of this angle should be interested in a response.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
Faster net speeds has noting to do with it. The game really needs X amount of bandwidth. It will not use more then x . The game uses about .5 mbps . The only factor is latency which affects DPS. The lower the persons latency the higher the dps becouse they can respond slightly faster. If you have below the required bandwidth your latency is higher if you have above the required there is no diffrence in game play.
Edited by Northernlite on 2/4/2013 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
02/04/2013 12:37 AMPosted by Northernlite
Faster net speeds has noting to do with it. The game really needs X amount of bandwidth. It will not use more then x . The game uses about .5 mbps . The only factor is latency which affects DPS. The lower the persons latency the higher the dps becouse they can respond slightly faster. If you have below the required bandwidth your latency is higher if you have above the required there is no diffrence in game play.

For all of us that want to believe that theres moderated control in balance in regard to connection speed, it sure sounds like a load of rhetoric you just spewed out.
Edited by Loxlove on 2/4/2013 1:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
02/03/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Loxlove
Is there not some kind of median throttle on relay so as to maintain balance on the technical side of the game?

You're speaking gibberish.

Bandwidth has nothing to do with performance of this game. Yes, if you're still using a 9600 baud modem, then perhaps it is. But any connection to the Internet established after 1998 will likely suffice.

Median throttle on relay? Moderated control in balance?

/headspin
Edited by Breakbeat on 2/4/2013 1:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue
02/04/2013 01:18 AMPosted by Breakbeat

Bandwidth has nothing to do with performance of this game. Yes, if you're still using a 9600 baud modem, then perhaps it is. But any connection to the Internet established after 1998 will likely suffice.

/headspin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth_throttling
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

/headspin

Yeah thanks, I understand what bandwidth throttling is.

Dude is saying things like "Is there a median throttle on relay??". Um, yeah, ok.

Is there a special refractor on processing? Is there a mutual confinement of infinity?

Gibberish is gibberish. Bandwidth throttling is another thing entirely.
Edited by Breakbeat on 2/4/2013 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
Your DPS is all based on Latency which has little to do with connection speed as long as your network meets the requirements to play the game. A person with 25 ms Is going to do more dps then someone with 500 ms period why. 500 ms is half a second delay from the time. Under 150 MS there is very little difference in DPS as the delay is minimal. You do not see any difference till you reach over 200 ms

25 ms means the instant you hit the button the server receives the signal that you poked your button

500 Ms means you poke the button and there is half a second delay between the time you poke the button and it is received.

Think of wow as a ½ inch hose. Now you connect a 2 inch hose to the half inch hose is there any more water going through the half inch hose because you connected a 2 inch hose to it the answer is no. The same way with wow as long as you have the proper connection speed which is listed a 1 mbps if I remeber right connecting a 10 mdps connection to it is not going to change the fact that the game only needs 1 mbps.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
The crux of my inquiry revolves around network thrust. It appears as if network packages that feature faster download and upload speeds will produce better realtime dps/hps, and thats the bottom line.
Edited by Loxlove on 2/4/2013 2:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue

Yeah thanks, I understand what bandwidth throttling is.

Dude is saying things like "Is there a median throttle on relay??". Um, yeah, ok.

Is there a special refractor on processing? Is there a mutual confinement of infinity?

Gibberish is gibberish. Bandwidth throttling is another thing entirely.

In some old messages tech support used to suggest that people who were having those kinds of problems turn off p2p in the downloader.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
The crux of my inquiry revolves around network thrust. It appears as if network packages that features faster download and upload speeds will produce better realtime dps/hps, and thats the bottom line.

Not true and actually in some case the exact opposite. Good example i have a high bandwidth connection for my machine . My children each have there own connections from the same provider. Each one of there machines has a 3 mbps connection . The latency on my connection is 15-20 ms higher then theres

Its not the bandwidth its the quality of the connection that really maters as long as you connection meets the minimum

In many cases as you increase the bandwidth the latency is also affected. I get 15 more MS on my connection then the my 2 children get on a 3 mbps connection.
Edited by Northernlite on 2/4/2013 2:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
02/04/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Northernlite
The crux of my inquiry revolves around network thrust. It appears as if network packages that features faster download and upload speeds will produce better realtime dps/hps, and thats the bottom line.

Not true and actually in some case the exact opposite. Good example i have a high bandwidth connection for my machine . My children each have there own connections from the same provider. Each one of there machines has a 3 mbps connection and i have 15 mbps connections.

Its not the bandwidth its the quality of the connection that really maters as long as you connection meets the minimum

In many cases as you increase the bandwidth the latency is also affected. I get 15 more MS on my connection then the my 2 children get on a 3 mbps connection.

You're now involves home networking situations, and that can involves a variety of hurdles a straightup connection doesn't contend with.
Edited by Loxlove on 2/4/2013 2:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
100 Human Mage
No each computer has its own connection. I have 3 seperate internet connections in my house as i stated earlier. I will not share my internet connection with anyone that is why everyone in my house has there own.

I have two 3 mbps connection and mine which is a high band width connection. For a total of 3 seperate internet connection

oldest son_______________________ 3Mbps internet connection
Youngest Son____________________ 3 Mbps Connection
Mine___________________________ High bandwidth connectioin
Edited by Northernlite on 2/4/2013 2:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I do not see blizzard throttling. And have seen higher than 500kb. Usually between screen loads, Or a lag spike. Which it will rush to catch up on everything. But AT&T does throttle P2P. Can't say all AT&T does, because there is branches that do their own thing, yet use AT&T network.

As Nothernlite said. If you have latency. Your dps can suffer. Your healing goes out slow and your dps. The reaction time you hitting the button is off. And for that you loose something.

If anyone can remember fighting deathwing in dragon soul. If you did not hit your button, you were dead meat. A lot of people in my guild at the time. Always missed that button. Their latency was always messed up. So those people had to learn their counting time to make up for the button time. I think everyone hit the button on 3 seconds. While the people who lagged did it right away. It was something like that. Some people we moved from our 25 man to a 10 man where latency wasn't as bad. Toward the end, we had 4-25man raid teams. 6-10man teams.
Edited by Druenny on 2/4/2013 5:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warlock
I'm sorry guys, but I just don't feel like your input is the definitive answer.

Faster dL and uL relay is going to produce a different RT effect unless there is some kind of moderation on the technical side.
Edited by Loxlove on 2/6/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]