Quick question: Dk runeforging

90 Human Death Knight
Hello all. Just got a quick question for my little dk alt that is creeping up on 90...

but has anyone ever done much with fallen crusader as a tank enchant?

I know the swordshattering and stoneskin gargoyle are the ones that are vying for top position... but it occurred to me as i level that fallen crusader gives well over a % of parry (with my crap gear, though the diminishing returns will hit harder with another level to cap) because of the new strength conversions, it procs constantly for a 3% heal and it also increases threat/dps.

I'll likely be sticking to 5 mans and LFR on this alt... and i know that it won't matter in 5 mans anyway, but i'm considering using it in LFR as well for the "all around" aspect vs. the parry or armor/health of the others.

But then again i didn't figure it would hurt to ask first :P

TL;DR: With strength conversions being fairly high this expansion, a near 100% uptime and constant small proc-heals... have any other dks stuck to fallen crusader for low end and/or farm content?

ty all :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/03/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Skydaemon
TL;DR: With strength conversions being fairly high this expansion, a near 100% uptime and constant small proc-heals... have any other dks stuck to fallen crusader for low end and/or farm content?

It'll be fine for that kind of content. Your survival isn't really tested there.

If you do run something that challenges your health, it'd be something to think about changing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
02/03/2013 10:47 PMPosted by Nerfheals

It'll be fine for that kind of content. Your survival isn't really tested there.

If you do run something that challenges your health, it'd be something to think about changing.

of course, and simple enough.

I just don't remember the last time in LFR my paladin actually was in danger of dying outside of derp group wipes :P

so i figured it might not hurt to push my dps a bit higher once my dk gets there and still be worth using for the minor survivability gains :)

ty :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The problem with FC is that it's not really set up that well for tanks. We don't have a whole lot of strength, unlike DPS DKs, so 15% more of "not very much" is "still not very much." If it were 15% more attack power, sure, that'd be a whole different ballgame, but it's not.

The slight selfheal pales in comparison with what we get from nearly every other source, and since it's 1PPM (realistically, closer to 2 or 3 PPM due to weapon strikes) we're not even making it up in quantity.

The small parry bonus from strength is also puny, as it's about 1% - closer to 1.5% before DRs - as opposed to the whopping 4% we get from Swordshattering. In terms of budget, Swordshattering is the equivalent of putting on two extra trinkets' worth of parry, Stoneskin Gargoyle is like an extra stamina trinket and an extra armor trinket, and Fallen Crusader is about on par with an avoidance trinket proc.

If you want me to break it down into rough equivalents...

Stoneskin Gargoyle: 800 stamina, 2000 armor
Swordshatterng: 3540 parry
Fallen Crusader: Proc for 25k health, 15 seconds of 1500 strength, no ICD, effective 1-3ppm
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Stop trying to look at it from a "this could sort of help my survivavbility a little".

Look at it as "Im only going to run trivial content on this alt so hooray meter padding"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]