Blood elf Druid

Blood elves have long been masters of their own destiny, we have mastered the light, the arcane, the dark arts, our creature companions, and our bodies (warrior/Monk) I along with many in the blood elf community believe we can master the spirits of the wilds too. Maybe even learn to co-exist and aid in repairing our fragile world.

For this i present my argument for Blood elf Druids

Cat form- Lynx
Bear form - Various colors, Golden/red primary bears (Long hair running down the back)
Traveld Form- Stag/Cheetah
Water Form - Basic form/Orca
Moonkin Form - Red/gold color Elf ears pointing up
Flight form - New phoenix models (pandaria type phoenix)

Everything else would be the same and this would allow players to enjoy a new way to roleplay and open up great advancements in the druid community.

On this concept i can see potential in how it begins by the Blood elven's connection to Outlands, Moonkin druids get Glyph of the Stars which allows the moonkin to take on the Astral form in place of moonkin and allow you to see the character in astral form.

The story could be that a small group of blood elves developed a druidic path by communicating with the stars, Astral Druids in other words.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So.

You saw the Undead and Panda druid threads and felt the need to ask for Blood Elf too? Feeling left out?
Reply Quote
So.

You saw the Undead and Panda druid threads and felt the need to ask for Blood Elf too? Feeling left out?

if only... no i have a nelf druid, and wanted to be a belf one, but think i came up with a better outline than the other two :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Blood elf druids already exist. In fact there is an entire instance dedicated to them. If any race should gain druid it is blood elf.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
There's a difference between pushing the lore aside and taking it out back, shooting it, and doing unspeakable things to its corpse. BE druids would invalidate nearly the entire concept of the BE race. This is a race that became so addicted to magic that their leader committed unspeakable acts, even going so far as to helping out the Burning Legion. The story of the Blood Elves is one of tragedy and the fight against addiction. Just go take a look at the poor, haggard bastards (the Wretched) in Magister's Terrace, Quel'Danas, or the BE starting zone - that's the fate that awaits the BE if they slip up. It's such an amazing concept, at the core of the race,and fairly well done since even the days of WC3, and you want to trivialize it by giving them a form of magic that doesn't pose any risk?

On top of that the first sentence of your post shows another reason why it wouldn't work - the Blood Elves are way too much about control and mastering power, something that doesn't jive with the druid concept of serving nature.

But yes, you did come up with a better, if not better presented, idea then the other two threads.
Reply Quote
There's a difference between pushing the lore aside and taking it out back, shooting it, and doing unspeakable things to its corpse. BE druids would invalidate nearly the entire concept of the BE race. This is a race that became so addicted to magic that their leader committed unspeakable acts, even going so far as to helping out the Burning Legion. The story of the Blood Elves is one of tragedy and the fight against addiction. Just go take a look at the poor, haggard bastards (the Wretched) in Magister's Terrace, Quel'Danas, or the BE starting zone - that's the fate that awaits the BE if they slip up. It's such an amazing concept, at the core of the race,and fairly well done since even the days of WC3, and you want to trivialize it by giving them a form of magic that doesn't pose any risk?

On top of that the first sentence of your post shows another reason why it wouldn't work - the Blood Elves are way too much about control and mastering power, something that doesn't jive with the druid concept of serving nature.

But yes, you did come up with a better, if not better presented, idea then the other two threads.

Here you go

http://www.wowwiki.com/Botanica

aaand here you go

http://www.wowwiki.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn

Hit submit too early, but wanted to say yep Belf druids do exist and are fully implementable, when i mentioned "Master"ing can also be interpreted as perfecting, not exactly dominating.
Edited by Lîghtmourn on 2/4/2013 2:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Druid
i can see a blood elf druid. we all were highelfs, if im right thats also when we learned how to be druids.
Reply Quote
53 Gnome Mage

Here you go

aaand here you go

Hit submit too early, but wanted to say yep Belf druids do exist and are fully implementable, when i mentioned "Master"ing can also be interpreted as perfecting, not exactly dominating.

That guy is NOT a druid; he's a mad scientist with a plant fetish. Any druid questing in Outland should should take out High Botanist Freywinn and the rest of Botanica just on principle, for their crimes against nature.

If anything, High Botanist Freywinn is an example of why Blood Elves should NOT be druids.

Edit: Fixed the typo
Edited by Coldspark on 2/4/2013 10:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
98 Night Elf Druid

That guy is NOT a druid; he's a mad scientist with a pant fetish.[...]

I think you mean plant fetish. But either way, a Belf could have a pant fetish and make total sense.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Here you go

aaand here you go

That's actually a pretty good point, so I ran The Botanica again to refresh my memory, and took notes on some of the things I saw:

That guy is NOT a druid; he's a mad scientist with a plant fetish. Any druid questing in Outland should should take out High Botanist Freywinn and the rest of Botanica just on principle, for their crimes against nature.

If anything, High Botanist Freywinn is an example of why Blood Elves should NOT be druids.

I have to agree with Coldspark here - I don't think those guys are druids. Instead they seem to be people with really high herbalism and alchemy abilities, enough to mimic some druid abilities. I'm basing that on the plants in the background that seem to be experiments with some sort of nethercrystals, the various sets of alchemy paraphernalia throughout the instance, and the enemies being "botanist", "chemist" and "geomancer" (not really sure how that last one fits in). Even Freywinn, who has druid-like abilities seems more likely to have obtained those via herbalism and alchemy, hence the "High Botanist" part of his name. Now, granted if they were druids I could still see them using a lot of that stuff, but I doubt it would be anywhere near to the extent seen in the instance.

But, let's assume, for the sake of an amusing argument, that they are in fact druids. This ends up being actually worse. Remember my earlier post where I mention nature magic having no consequences? Well, I'd be wrong - something about it would have seriously twisted the inhabitants of that instance, as evidenced by what you could assume they have done with the place using their new-found druid abilities. Looking to the fleshlashers/flesh-creature-thingies, they were either created by said druids, or the druids attempted to control them. Besides being abhorent to the very nature (ha!) of druidism in the game, it doesn't work out too well for them (hence the Bloodwarder Protector even telling you to run away). Also look to the satyrs - did the BE stoop so low as to work with them (more likely), or did whatever was going on in there twist some of the Blood Elves into satyrs much as fel energies do (less likely, but WAY more interesting)? And finally, there's whatever these druids did to corrupt Warp Splinter. When A'dal wants you straight-up murdered because you've become "impure" (see quest "A Most Somber Task"), then you know someone has been doing some seriously messed up things there. So, much like Coldspark said, this would be a very strong case for why they shouldn't be druids.

... well, unless you want to try and do something where they learned druid magic but were immediately corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare, which somehow got to them all the way in Outland...

02/04/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Cynsing
i can see a blood elf druid. we all were highelfs, if im right thats also when we learned how to be druids.

Close, but not quite - the High Elves/Highborn were specifically those Night Elves who rejected nature magic in favor of arcane. See: http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elves
Reply Quote

Here you go

aaand here you go

That's actually a pretty good point, so I ran The Botanica again to refresh my memory, and took notes on some of the things I saw:

I have to agree with Coldspark here - I don't think those guys are druids. Instead they seem to be people with really high herbalism and alchemy abilities, enough to mimic some druid abilities. I'm basing that on the plants in the background that seem to be experiments with some sort of nethercrystals, the various sets of alchemy paraphernalia throughout the instance, and the enemies being "botanist", "chemist" and "geomancer" (not really sure how that last one fits in). Even Freywinn, who has druid-like abilities seems more likely to have obtained those via herbalism and alchemy, hence the "High Botanist" part of his name. Now, granted if they were druids I could still see them using a lot of that stuff, but I doubt it would be anywhere near to the extent seen in the instance.

But, let's assume, for the sake of an amusing argument, that they are in fact druids. This ends up being actually worse. Remember my earlier post where I mention nature magic having no consequences? Well, I'd be wrong - something about it would have seriously twisted the inhabitants of that instance, as evidenced by what you could assume they have done with the place using their new-found druid abilities. Looking to the fleshlashers/flesh-creature-thingies, they were either created by said druids, or the druids attempted to control them. Besides being abhorent to the very nature (ha!) of druidism in the game, it doesn't work out too well for them (hence the Bloodwarder Protector even telling you to run away). Also look to the satyrs - did the BE stoop so low as to work with them (more likely), or did whatever was going on in there twist some of the Blood Elves into satyrs much as fel energies do (less likely, but WAY more interesting)? And finally, there's whatever these druids did to corrupt Warp Splinter. When A'dal wants you straight-up murdered because you've become "impure" (see quest "A Most Somber Task"), then you know someone has been doing some seriously messed up things there. So, much like Coldspark said, this would be a very strong case for why they shouldn't be druids.

... well, unless you want to try and do something where they learned druid magic but were immediately corrupted by the Emerald Nightmare, which somehow got to them all the way in Outland...

02/04/2013 09:34 AMPosted by Cynsing

Close, but not quite - the High Elves/Highborn were specifically those Night Elves who rejected nature magic in favor of arcane. See: http://www.wowpedia.org/High_elves

Although i agree that Freywinn isn't the most iconic example of what a blood elf druid he is still an example, now consider what he was, he was under the rule of Kael'thas sunstrider, and at least by association was crazed, but if a crazed blood elf could in your words share some spells of a druid, then i could absolutely see a sane blood elf with a good head on his shoulders ( unlike the power hungry age prior to the revelation the blood knights had) willing to master or learn to master the powers of the stars and nature (again mastering does not mean dominating)

There are plenty examples of level headed blood elves willing to expand their mind and advance their knowledge to help in the fight for Azeroth's future.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Weird that the only people who agree that blood elves should be druids are blood elves, huh?
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
While it's certainly a stretch, Blood Elf Rangers/Farstriderse do work with nature. If BE druids were possible, it would probably come from the Farstriders.

It would be cool if the Druids of the Flame came back as a BE organization (since BEs love fire, phoenix, etc.).
Reply Quote
As much as people hate the blood elves and i agree i am not a fan of the society myself, i find myself creating my own stories that follow lore and push for character self improvement, be it morally, physically, spiritually doesn't matter.

People dislike blood elves for too many reasons and will always push for them to never obtain anything more than what they have now, thread after thread you will see someone push for something blood elf related (new class, Lore advancements, etc) and always have people who will say "Blood elves ruined this game " "Blood elves need to be taken out of the game" or hit up a derogatory statement such as "Blood elves are !@#$%^-*!@s" and such, this is one of the reasons i chose to create my character and push for his own story.

Id love to see the Blood elves push for a meaningful place in the Horde or Alliance, and id love to see more enlightened Blood elves emerge story wise, ones who have grown out of the Domination of everything, and grow into the mastering of all arts (Light, Darkness, Elements, Nature, Physical, Etc)

There has to be some sort of light in this story that can put the tunnel vision misconceptions of blood elves to rest.

Blood elves may not be physically strong, but they are determined, and strong willed as a people, ambition can its faults, just look at Garrosh, Kael'Thas, Illidan, Arthas, just to name a few. But i can see each race, and especially the blood elves turning their enormous determination for mastering magics and using it toward the right direction as a people and spearheading an amazing underdog story.

Wow the H word is censured? interesting
Edited by Lîghtmourn on 2/4/2013 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Pretty sure Freywinn was using the power of nature against its will, similar to (at the time) how the Blood Elves were using an imprisoned being to power the Light powers of their Paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
No...it actually says right in the Druid page in wowpedia that druids can't be gay.

We wear kilts but that's just how manly we are.
Edited by Nexian on 2/4/2013 9:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
No...it actually says right in the Druid page in wowpedia that druids can't be gay.

We wear kilts but that's just how manly we are.

A fine example of my previous post, thanks for your random derogatory statement
Reply Quote
Also have to wonder why H o mo Se Xual is censured but gay isn't...
Reply Quote
Classifying the Blood elves as all power hungry is like claiming all Orcs are brash and incompetent monsters that want to conquer the whole of azeroth, or that all humans are brash emotionally unstable bigots. or that all Gnomes are useful for one thing and one thing only, to be a punt joke for both alliance and horde.

Let's get back on the subject of Blood elf druids, least for the moment.

If any race had the capability of unlocking every class in game it would be Blood elves and Humans, blood elves for their determination and diligence, humans for their reckless abandonment for any limitations and are the youngest of the race.

without a doubt Druids would be the next in line for class/race combo for blood elves, as much as i would love to see shamans be picked up by the belves, i think that would be the last frontier they would venture in.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Admittedly I myself would very much like to see Blood Elf Druids. They are a race of people that is very strongly magically attuned to the point that being cut off from their power was actually killing them and driving some to become the wretched. Yes they have hit their bumps in the road .And while their addiction to the arcane is still an issue only being held at bay by the power of the reginited sunwell. I could easily see them looking for alternative sources of power. They have the arcane they have the light they have even dabbled in fel magic. What is to keep them from study of nature magic? If only to attempt to heal the deadscar that runs down the center of their land. Is it a stretch? yes I won't deny that but the lore can be shaped to accommodate near anything blizzard wants to put in to the game. I mean how many of you back in Vanilla WoW would have ever thought there would be Tauren Paladin's,Orc Mages or Dwarf Shamans?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]