90 Troll Druid
I didn't read what was said.
Anyways...

NO.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have to agree....

02/04/2013 02:21 AMPosted by Xillia
Blood elf druids already exist. In fact there is an entire instance dedicated to them. If any race should gain druid it is blood elf.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid
I wouldn't mind seeing BE droodz but I think they would have to be like a special sect of blood elves. Because as a species Blood elves do want to control magic where as I think druids have a philosophy of a symbiotic relationship with nature magic even we dumb trolls understand the voodoo !
Reply Quote
do not want.

if you want to play a stupid elf druid, play alliance. blood elves belong over there anyway.

You don't have to want it to have it available to players, you dont want blood elves in horde, yet we are here, you dont want a "stupid elf druid" but it is possible to implement.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I really hope Blizzard doesn't listen to all these threads requesting races get more classes.

I'd rather see classes much more restricted.

There's enough stupid combinations already; Undead priests, Blood Elf paladin, Night Elf mage, Goblin shaman, Worgen death knight, too many Monk races, Gnomes.
Reply Quote
I really hope Blizzard doesn't listen to all these threads requesting races get more classes.

I'd rather see classes much more restricted.

There's enough stupid combinations already; Undead priests, Blood Elf paladin, Night Elf mage, Goblin shaman, Worgen death knight, too many Monk races, Gnomes.

Kinda hope blizzard doesnt stand by these closed minded individuals, considering they want their game to thrive, the only people new class/race combinations hurt are Rpers who go against their own concept of creativity, anyone else who has a problem with races having more classes are just blowing hot air considering they play some of the new race/class combinations anyways.

This guy in quote is another example of someone who wants to put his 2 cents in and has nothing to back up his reasoning why blood elves shouldn't be druids.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I support the OP for the only reason of being tired of running around in a cow's body
Reply Quote
Screw lore, screw reason, I want a pretty female belf druid on horde :D although my transmog hides my ugly troll face pretty well!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2013 01:06 AMPosted by Lîghtmourn
This guy in quote is another example of someone who wants to put his 2 cents in and has nothing to back up his reasoning why blood elves shouldn't be druids.

The reasons why Blood Elfs shouldn't be druids have been repeated over and over in this thread. Blood Elfs lack self control and seek to dominate magic. That conflicts with druidism.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
02/06/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Mitimem

The reasons why Blood Elfs shouldn't be druids have been repeated over and over in this thread. Blood Elfs lack self control and seek to dominate magic. That conflicts with druidism.

I think a clearer concept of the Blood Elves needs to be established. We had a clear concept when the race was first released, which has been discussed in this thread already.

However, with the last class/race combo additions, the lore for most races seem a little bastardized to me. Some of these combos really don't feel like they've been addressed at all with in game explanations, like Worgen Death Knights. Others have at least an attempted explanation: Night Elves can be mages, which means with the return of the Highborn Night elf society has somehow accepted the arcane arts enough to permit trainers in their cities. Though honestly I'd rather see a Night Elf Warlocks, since the demonology tree borrows so heavily from the Night Elf Demon Hunter heroic unit from Warcraft III.

Point is, races are changing as it is. I could see a group of Blood Elves finding "salvation" from their magic addiction by returning to the Druidic roots of their progenitor race. Makes more sense to me that Tauren Priests and Pallys at any rate.

Besides, part of the fun of being a "Hero" is playing a character that exists outside the social norms of his/her race. The nameless npcs that we slaughter each day should conform to racial class preferences, but why not explore unconventional race/class combos in a role-playing setting?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Although i agree that Freywinn isn't the most iconic example of what a blood elf druid he is still an example, now consider what he was, he was under the rule of Kael'thas sunstrider, and at least by association was crazed, but if a crazed blood elf could in your words share some spells of a druid, then i could absolutely see a sane blood elf with a good head on his shoulders ( unlike the power hungry age prior to the revelation the blood knights had) willing to master or learn to master the powers of the stars and nature (again mastering does not mean dominating)

There are plenty examples of level headed blood elves willing to expand their mind and advance their knowledge to help in the fight for Azeroth's future.

Unless the whole reason he was even able to have druid-like abilities was BECAUSE he was crazed... which makes sense looking at it from the angle of him willing to do things no one should - see my entire post on the Botannica (satyrs, fleshbeasts, an ancient so messed up A'dal wanted it dead).

If you want to use Botannica as an example you have to take the good with the bad.

Also, want another example of how Blood Elves seek control and domination when it comes to magic? Look to shaman also not being an allowable class - shamans have to actually make nice with the elemental spirits they seek to tap. Heck, even the BC cinematic displays this. Now, am I saying this is a bad thing, or trying to put the race down? Not really, I'm just saying that theirs is a character concept of addiction and redemption, without that you severely diminish the race.

Are there outlyers and exceptions to the rule? Sure. Heck, there's even a BE, Valeera Sanguinar, who hangs out with Varian. But remember that outlyers and exceptions are just that.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Paladin
Just roll troll or tauren...

WoW needs less Horde pretty elves.
Reply Quote
Although i agree that Freywinn isn't the most iconic example of what a blood elf druid he is still an example, now consider what he was, he was under the rule of Kael'thas sunstrider, and at least by association was crazed, but if a crazed blood elf could in your words share some spells of a druid, then i could absolutely see a sane blood elf with a good head on his shoulders ( unlike the power hungry age prior to the revelation the blood knights had) willing to master or learn to master the powers of the stars and nature (again mastering does not mean dominating)

There are plenty examples of level headed blood elves willing to expand their mind and advance their knowledge to help in the fight for Azeroth's future.

Unless the whole reason he was even able to have druid-like abilities was BECAUSE he was crazed... which makes sense looking at it from the angle of him willing to do things no one should - see my entire post on the Botannica (satyrs, fleshbeasts, an ancient so messed up A'dal wanted it dead).

If you want to use Botannica as an example you have to take the good with the bad.

Also, want another example of how Blood Elves seek control and domination when it comes to magic? Look to shaman also not being an allowable class - shamans have to actually make nice with the elemental spirits they seek to tap. Heck, even the BC cinematic displays this. Now, am I saying this is a bad thing, or trying to put the race down? Not really, I'm just saying that theirs is a character concept of addiction and redemption, without that you severely diminish the race.

Are there outlyers and exceptions to the rule? Sure. Heck, there's even a BE, Valeera Sanguinar, who hangs out with Varian. But remember that outlyers and exceptions are just that.

Friends of mine had a talk about this, and the main wrench in that idea is the Twilight Cultist, who enslaved the elements.

Its not so much (in respects to belf shamans) that they cannot become them it is that it is socially unacceptable for them to enslave the elements, but again there are an endless supply of possibilities for the Blood elf race, Druids are the most direct race/class combo i could foresee the blood elves taking next and have the potential for it without contest.

The war itself is the only thing standing in the way of Blood elves learning to grow as a society. I will admit dealing with Garrosh is far more important than expanding as a society at this moment.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
02/04/2013 02:06 AMPosted by Lîghtmourn
Blood elves have long been masters of their own destiny

Mastery? Hehehe no! The belfs became enslaved to magic - remember?!
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I don't see why not. Blood Elf druids don't make any less sense than Night Elf mages.

Perhaps through druidism, some of the blood elves could ease whatever addiction issues might still remain after the re-opening of the Sunwell. I agree with the Farstrider suggestion. The Farstrider blood elves look at nature far more differently than blood elves of other classes. I remember even reading somewhere that blood elf rangers even used some form of druidism already.

Whether or not Freywinn was an actual druid, the fact that he was capable of even using some druid abilities speaks of some capability. This race/class combination certainly wouldn't be the most far out concept.

Also, they already have a song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMTHae0uVc
Edited by Saerise on 2/7/2013 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
The main grip against adopting Druidism as we see in the Druid class comes from the fact that the Highborne were exiled by Malfurion, which is the character that caused Arcane and Nature to be seen as contrary aspects in the Night Elf society and, as a consequence, in the playerbase. However, this opposition is specific of the elven races; many other successfully adopt both Druidism and the Arcane without prejudice.

Druids do exist in the Blood Elf society, however, they just don't adopt Shapeshifting, since they do not build connections with the Emerald Dream. In general, the Blood Elf is one of the most Nature-friendly societies in the Azeroth; their architecture reflects it in how it mashes harmoniously with the environment and one of the most prestigious class in the Blood Elf race, the hunter, strongly relate with nature (in case you wonder, the other two prestigious classes are paladins and, in particular, mages).

The Blood elf society has also evolved significantly from the BC condition as well, coming from Arcane addiction to redemption; Priests and Paladins started to genuinely believe in the Light after the Naaru's revelations, Mages now wield spells powered by a mix of Arcane and Holy energies from the Sunwell, Outlands isn't seen anymore as their promised land, their long lasting Suntrider dynasty has ended, a ranger has been appointed as the Lord of the Blood Elves and they stood a more neutral position in relation to the Alliance through Wrath and Cata. Their society no longer revolves around controlling magic and addiction, but on whether to embrace the Holy in contraposition with the Arcane to ensure their long-term salvation, a huge step from the past. In this struggle, the Druidism may find an opportunity to establish roots in this society.

By now, it isn't a matter of whether there are enough blood elves willing to adopt the mindset required by the path of Druidism, but whether they can reach the Emerald Dream and if they take steps to seek it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Guys.

Guys.

He's mastered his body. ok?

Mastered his body.

He can be a druid if he wants.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowpedia.org/Druid_sects

^ Farstriders are recognized as a Druid sect.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.wowpedia.org/Druid_sects

^ Farstriders are recognized as a Druid sect.

Clearly you didn't look closely at the link. That list isn't referring to the Blood Elf Farstriders. There have been many Farstrider organizations in lore. The one the link is referring to is a group of Night Elves that formally patrolled in Ashenvale.

The first Farstriders were a group of Night Elves in the Troll Wars. Since then several Night Elf, High Elf and Blood Elf groups have used the name Farstrider. It's not so much a group name, but a type of tactic used in combat. They use stealth and ranged weapons. They're a cross between rogues and hunters.

The Blood Elf group are strictly rangers, which is a hunter basically. There is no example of Quel'Thalas Farstriders using druidic magic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]