Why is my DPS sooo bad

90 Orc Warlock
02/04/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Mahourai
If it works for you, it works, but I would never run that far under hitcap. It's all academic until you get 3 missed dot applications on a Garalon leg and wipe to berserk or something. If that only happens once every 1000 fights it's something you can just take as it comes, but running at 9% is just asking to get screwed.
You know the sims account for misses right. Believe what you want, but going more mastery over that 3% hit is a DPS increase. Mastery is just that good. You just have to be proactive about DoTs. Most people hit cap because it's annoying to have to watch DoTs that closely, or their gear is high enough that it's simple to get to hit cap.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/04/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Loktronotron
You know the sims account for misses right. Believe what you want, but going more mastery over that 3% hit is a DPS increase. Mastery is just that good. You just have to be proactive about DoTs. Most people hit cap because it's annoying to have to watch DoTs that closely, or their gear is high enough that it's simple to get to hit cap.

Yeah the sim doesn't care that that can happen, because overall it is a minor DPS increase. How much are you going to care about that when you miss 4 times in a row on a 1% wipe?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The same amount I'll care that we killed the boss the next attempt when I had the opposite luck. If you want to increase consistency you go hit cap, if you want to increase potential DPS you go 12% and mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Mahourai.

just stop arguing with people who know better than you. It gets old.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/04/2013 04:51 PMPosted by Mahourai
Shrug. You understand my point though.
The point is that not hit capping gives you more potential DPS. Whether you choose to cap or not depends on the situation and the player. Saying someone should or shouldn't go for cap is just not always correct.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/04/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Loktronotron
The point is that not hit capping gives you more potential DPS. Whether you choose to cap or not depends on the situation and the player. Saying someone should or shouldn't go for cap is just not always correct.

Yeah. When I said people who don't hitcap are insane I didn't actually mean that not hitcapping is indicative of a mental defect. That was hyperbole.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
Seems like a gear issue really. That and you need enchants.
Also are you basing this DPS off LFR runs? It doesn't look like you have any bosses down in MV.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]