Uh... Game time expiring early?

42 Gnome Rogue
I bought 30-day WoW time off the Blizzard Store a week ago, on the date of Jan 28th to be exact. I tried to log on a few minutes ago, and it said "You have used up your prepaid time for this account". What happened?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Have you checked your transaction history to be sure the payment was not declined?
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Rogue
It hasn't even been showing up. I was unable to use the forums, and now my WoW gametime expires early >_< It's hard to enjoy a game when you can't even play it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It hasn't even been showing up. I was unable to use the forums, and now my WoW gametime expires early >_< It's hard to enjoy a game when you can't even play it.

If your game time ended early like that, it is because the method of payment that you used to by the time did not go through. Blizzard runs a temp charge and then your bank waits for the real charge. If the money isn't in the account when the bank does the actual charge (up to 72 hours later) then the charge fails and Blizzard will take back the purchase.
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Rogue
This is over 72 hours after purchase... Perhaps Blizzard had a mess-up?
Edited by ßùtch on 2/4/2013 5:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/04/2013 05:34 PMPosted by ßùtch
This is over 72 hours after purchase... Perhaps Blizzard had a mess-up?

No, not a Blizzard "mess up", ßùtch.

The payment used to order the Digital Game Time declined and the game time was removed. You may wish to use another form of payment for the WoW subscription or purchase a Game Card from a local retailer if possible.
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Rogue
Ah, thanks for the help.
Reply Quote
42 Gnome Rogue
Order Date: 28 Jan 2013
Order #: 94984587

(1) World of Warcraft® Game Time - $14.99
Game-Time Code(30 Day)

I'm really ticked off since I bought 30 days WoW time a week ago, yet I'm being asked to pay again, when I probably don't have any more money to pay, which obviously I'm not going to pay again for something I have proof of in my email. I've heard of various people with the same issue and they're being treated the same way as I. You guys -really- need to crack down on this or there will be many unhappy customers and potential quitters.

I'm not sure if it's a bug in the system, or if it is you guys trying to milk more money, but I feel that I am not being treated as a valued customer as I've already paid for 30 days, and I'm being asked to pay again. How will I know this will happen again? More money down the drain? I'm almost tempted not to pay again to guarantee I won't lose money.

I really feel as if my issue has been mistreated and that my serious issue has been thrown to the side. I knew I had enough money on my card.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Mage
02/04/2013 05:39 PMPosted by Harlsoco
The payment used to order the Digital Game Time declined and the game time was removed.

How are you trying to pay. Is your billing profile set up correctly. Are you sure you have the funds.

No one is trying to mistreat you, they didnt get the money for the order someway.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
you need to follow up with your bank/credit card company to see why they declined to pay blizzard....

since they didnt pay blizzard on your behalf blizzard took back their time code.

the confirmation is only of what you ordered.. NOT that blizzard actually got the money
Edited by Shadofall on 2/5/2013 7:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Order Date: 28 Jan 2013
Order #: 94984587

(1) World of Warcraft® Game Time - $14.99
Game-Time Code(30 Day)

I'm really ticked off since I bought 30 days WoW time a week ago, yet I'm being asked to pay again, when I probably don't have any more money to pay, which obviously I'm not going to pay again for something I have proof of in my email. I've heard of various people with the same issue and they're being treated the same way as I. You guys -really- need to crack down on this or there will be many unhappy customers and potential quitters.

I'm not sure if it's a bug in the system, or if it is you guys trying to milk more money, but I feel that I am not being treated as a valued customer as I've already paid for 30 days, and I'm being asked to pay again. How will I know this will happen again? More money down the drain? I'm almost tempted not to pay again to guarantee I won't lose money.

I really feel as if my issue has been mistreated and that my serious issue has been thrown to the side. I knew I had enough money on my card.

You didn't lose your money. Blizzard didn't get the money. It's wherever it was when you started, according to whatever policies your financial institution uses.

For example, let's say it was a debit Mastercard connected to your checking account. You made the purchase, and the bank put the funds on hold. The payment didn't finalize, so a few days later, the hold is released, and the funds are back in your checking account.

If it was a traditional credit card, it would appear in your online statement as a pending authorization. Because Blizzard is unable to finalize the transaction, that pending authorization would simply vanish after a few days.

The fact the transaction failed doesn't mean you lacked the funds. There are any number of reasons it might fail. The most common would be that your billing profile didn't match the billing information on the payment account, so it failed a security check.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]