Vulgar Language in BGs and False AFK Reports

90 Night Elf Druid
You know the AFK Reporting is really abusive now. I report people who talk offensive and violate the terms of service by using swear words and racial names (Like the N-word), and all the little kids do in return is Report me AFK in the Battleground when I am not. Now, I get kicked from Battleground and have to wait 15-minutes for doing the right thing. Is that fair Blizzard?

The AFK reporting should really be fixed so people aren't kicked when they are really at the computer...
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
being at the computer doesn't mean you're participating.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Unfortunately, doing the right thing doesn't always render the results that they should. But just keep doing the right thing anyway!

Sorry that happens, I just wouldn't announce to anyone you're reporting people.
Reply Quote
43 Pandaren Monk
02/05/2013 03:37 AMPosted by Drethas
nd all the little kids do in return is Report me AFK in the Battleground when I am not. Now, I get kicked from Battleground and have to wait 15-minutes for doing the right thing. Is that fair Blizzard?

How do the little kids know that you are reporting them for their bad language and behavior? You should not be saying anything back at all to taunt them, or this happens. Just report it and continue playing. Or leave the BG if it is that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Sadly this is part of interacting with other players. My solution is to turn my instance chat off when I play pvp (the larger bgs) like AV and IoC... Simply avoid the annoying kids by ignoring them is my best advise. After all we pay to play, not to babysit offensive and spoiled brats.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I agree with Madknight, I too for a time stressed about the abusive mash in the chat box.... The ignore button is very helpful, and the report button is a powerful tool when used silently ;}

happy gaming!
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
Don't brag that you report them for language. They wouldn't know otherwise.
You brought it on yourself by trying to act like a smartass about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
A couple of points:

1. If you weren't afk, and you actually got into combat, the debuff would be removed. You have around 3 minutes to remove the debuff, so it's not an unreasonable amount of time to get into combat.

2. UNLESS you ARE using vulgar language, their reports don't matter because Blizzard checks logs. If you are using vulgar language, the reports are justified and you should stop.

Being at the computer means nothing... the afk debuff is a misnomer and should actually read "non-participation". You don't participate while the debuff is on, you get kicked.

If they removed this option, bots would be an even bigger problem. So stop using vulgar language, and start participating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]