All races are now in a FFA?

(Locked)

90 Dwarf Shaman
02/07/2013 10:05 PMPosted by Alarielle
I think we are underestimating the gnomes, and how would the Dwarves fight a two front war?

The dwarves have almost all the gnomish technology and several tiems their population, and most of the gnomes live in ironforge. They have no chance.
90 Dwarf Shaman
02/08/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Lightning
The dwarves have their own airfield and very familiar with the machines they use. They make and maintain their own. I do not see why they wouldn't have airplanes and bombers of their own. And unlike the forsaken, the dwarves do know gnomish technology.

Gnomes serve as both pilots and repair crew of the Ironforge Airfield. While the dwarves could build and maintain the craft, the gnomes are better at it. Also, the gnomes know Ironforge as well as the dwarves do at this point. It's strengths. It's weaknesses. How to teleport in and out. They could easily sabotage that airfield and other critical targets. The gnomes, in all honesty, would be the worst enemy the dwarves could have, because no other enemy knows them half as well.

They are still capable of effectively using it.

Assuming the dwarves don't defend it.

Dwarves>Gnomes>Goblins>blood elves= or < Stormwind.

The only native air power the dwarves have are gryphons and storm bolts. All flying machines used by the Alliance are gnomish in design -- even the Skybreaker. So if the gnomes scuttled or took the bulk of their technology with them, that would leave the dwarves much weaker on that front.

The gryphons alone are a massive airforce.

They are gnomish in design, but the dwarves have many of them. and after taking gnomeragan, would easily be able to reproduce any they've lost.

Once again, the gnomes have a miniscule direct military an serve as support forces in the alliance, as well as having no home town and most of their population trapped in ironforge. the only ones who would be alive within 2 days would be the ones sitting outside gnomeragan.
90 Night Elf Mage
^ Which has battle tanks and a hanger in front of it... they also got a laser...
90 Goblin Shaman
Dwarves or Goblins. Mostly because their populations haven't be pwned yet and they are both sorta jack-of-all-trades races.
85 Troll Warrior
i think it would all come down to dwarves, humans, night elves, and undead

possibly orcs
90 Night Elf Druid
hmmmm NE and draenei have islands...dwarves built into the side of a mountain, Forsaken are located under ground, so they might have that advantage.

The bigger issue here is what would the 4 races of druids do in the emerald dream? No dream, no azeroth, so it would get very interesting.
90 Worgen Rogue
The dwarfs would win they could blow the tram seal the gates and survive inside the city. not even the original horde could scratch those gates and there were in the millions
90 Human Death Knight
Okay time to clear up some misocnception, when it comes to military technology, dwarves are in the fore-fromt. Now before I hear crying about gnome-tech take this into considreation.

Dwarves invented gun-powder, dwarves unvented guns, dwarves invented tanks. And while gnomes did invent the first flying machines the dwarves are also building tehir own flying machines and have been since the before the third war.

If you go on the wowpedia page for gnome-ish flying machines you get this

Dwarven tinkers improved on this technology after the Second War, first by creating dwarven gyrocopters and then later the upgraded dwarven flying machines.

Now if you go to the dwarven flying machine page you get

A dwarven improvement on helicopters built by their gnomish cousins, and their own Dwarven Gyrocopters, the flying machine is a heavily armed, flying gun platform. Thick armor protects the daredevil pilots who pilot the flying machines, but the armor also slows the vehicle considerably.

Perhaps the most unusual — or insane — warrior in the entire Alliance is the dwarven flying machine pilot. This captain of the skies performs everything from reconnaissance to bombing missions, fearing nothing (except perhaps a passing dragon).

Also it is mentioned on wowpedia that theer is quite a bit of dwarven engineering in the sky-ships as well.

So to sum it up, gnomes built the first flying machines. Dwarves then made their own version the gyrocopter. Dwarves then made the Dwarven flying machine during the 3rd war which was an upgrade to the gryrocopter as well as taking ideas from gnomish machines and improving them.

So dwarves have guns, mortars, tanks, gryphon riders, better militarily suited aircraft, arguably the finest forged arms and armor on azeorth, extremely tough and hardy soldiers as well as the strongest and most defensible City and Region (khaz'Modan).

Not to mention out of all the single races of the alliance they are arguably the largest and strongest military force.

dwarves win
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
I believe we had a thread like this a few months ago. The answer is Dwarves, at least for the Eastern Kingdoms. But if it makes you feel any better it's because they're really good at hiding. Their military is crap. They only endure because they're able to hide inside a mountain fortress without having to fight back.
90 Human Death Knight
02/09/2013 07:35 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Their military is crap.

lol wut? They have probably the strongest military in the alliance, best fire power, extremely strong and hardy soldiers as well as having the best quality smithed arms and armor.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
02/09/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Drewan
Their military is crap.

lol wut? They have probably the strongest military in the alliance, best fire power, extremely strong and hardy soldiers as well as having the best quality smithed arms and armor.
All of which doesn't matter if their faces get melted off from Blight. Their only defense from that is a mountain fortress they can sit and huddle in.
02/09/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Vynathlon

All of which doesn't matter if their faces get melted off from Blight. Their only defense from that is a mountain fortress they can sit and huddle in.

I wonder if the Dwarves would think to have their Shamans summon up a powerful wind to blow the plague bombs back at the Forsaken? I also wonder if Mages could do something that achieves the same result with the Arcane.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req

I wonder if the Dwarves would think to have their Shamans summon up a powerful wind to blow the plague bombs back at the Forsaken? I also wonder if Mages could do something that achieves the same result with the Arcane.
Since it is a synthesized item I doubt the mages could do much with it without first analyzing it, and as far as I know of the Dwarves don't even know if it exists. As for the winds, it would have to be some wind strong enough to push such a thing back, but not hard enough that it causes it to break. If for instance, the Shamans create a hurricane to get rid of it, what do you suppose will happen if the bomb breaks while being hurled around in a wind? Easy the Shamans are doing the Forsaken's jobs for them, by spreading the plague all over the Dwarves on the ground. Might as well take away the Forsaken's bombs and give them a rocket launcher while you're at it.
90 Night Elf Mage
The only reason the "water" worked with thrall at Undercity because that was blight, the NEW PLAGUE is the one that melts your face off and can't be dissolved you have to actually suck it back up to move it, as shown in the horde side Southshore quest.
90 Human Death Knight
02/09/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Vynathlon

How would the plague/forsaken get into dwarven lands? They have no airforce so they could easily be bombed, or easily blow the Thandol span and poof, no access to Khaz'Modan (not to mention the only way out of the Wetlands and into Loch Modan and Dun Morogh are through mountain passes and small tunnels)
90 Human Warrior
I think it'd come down to a stalemate between Night elves and Dwarves, possibly humans.
86 Night Elf Rogue
Honestly Kalimdor would be a massacre since every single race is so close to each other.
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/09/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Since it is a synthesized item I doubt the mages could do much with it without first analyzing it, and as far as I know of the Dwarves don't even know if it exists. As for the winds, it would have to be some wind strong enough to push such a thing back, but not hard enough that it causes it to break. If for instance, the Shamans create a hurricane to get rid of it, what do you suppose will happen if the bomb breaks while being hurled around in a wind? Easy the Shamans are doing the Forsaken's jobs for them, by spreading the plague all over the Dwarves on the ground. Might as well take away the Forsaken's bombs and give them a rocket launcher while you're at it.

The dwarven cannons, mortars and air force could pound the catapults from a long range. In a counter battery fire exchange, the forsaken would likely come off as second best. Even they can't stand the blight/plague at it's full strength. Plus, the dwarves -do- know about it and I'd give them 80% chance to have made protective suits that can protect them against the stuff.
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
02/10/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Kynrind
Plus, the dwarves -do- know about it and I'd give them 80% chance to have made protective suits that can protect them against the stuff.
Source?
90 Human Death Knight
Well the plague was used to destroy southshore and used in Gilneas, I'm pretty sure the dwarves would have heard of it.

Either way the forsaken are getting stomped into the ground.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]