Andorhal, Stormgarde, Alliance

90 Human Priest
So why do the Forsaken hold the eastern section of the city? Why don't they hold the western? Which is closer to the Bulwark and is much easier to send reinforcements to. For that matter where are they getting their reinforcements? If they were coming from the Bulwark section they could easily be surrounding the alliance on both fronts.

Another thing, why is the alliance even trying to take something that seems completely out of their territory at the moment? I just can't see where they are getting there solders from. Southshore has been decimated, Dalaran is moving around someplace and it seems that the Alterac forces should be surrounded as well.

The alliance need to fallback and regroup in Arathi Highlands, clear out the syndicate in Stormgarde and the Horde in the area and rebuild Thoradin's Wall and Stormgarde. Stormgarde would then need a harbor and the Alliance should control Baradin Bay from Gilneas to Menethil (which also needs to be rebuilt). There should be a new battle (or BG) in the area of Durnholde.

Supply lines need to be re-established from Menethil to Stormgarde and after fortifying their position there, the Alliance should rebuild Thandol Span and make the funneling of resources from Ironforge to Stormgarde (which also means taking all of Dun Algaz) a prime directive, as Ironforge and Stormwind are directly linked, this would mean a direct line to Stormwind.

The alliance needs to regroup and are currently to spread out in the north in a battle for Andorhal that just doesn't make sense. Leave Tirion to the north if he wants to battle undead, and as far as Hillsbrad goes we have nothing there (as Dun Garok was destroyed) if we don't fight to keep the Forsaken from overrunning all of Gilneas, we won't have Gilneas either.

One of the reasons why I like the Battle for Gilneas is for this reason (control of the bay), but the Alliance needs to get it's act together and retake a few key points (instead of letting everything get destroyed all the time [Theramore, Alterac, Stormgarde, Lordorean, etc...]

It's time to stand together. Form the line and make sure we have a strong supply line to the Northern Kingdoms and our allies there.
Edited by Mestre on 2/6/2013 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
02/06/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Mestre
So why do the Forsaken hold the eastern section of the city? Why don't they hold the western? Which is closer to the Bulwark and is much easier to send reinforcements to. For that matter where are they getting their reinforcements? If they were coming from the Bulwark section they could easily be surrounding the alliance on both fronts.

I would assume the road from the south leading into Easter Andorhal is the reason the Alliance control that side.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
True, but how do we hold that? To the south is Strahnbrad (Horde) and Tarren Mill (Horde).

In fact, the only way I can see the Alliance having a foothold in the Western Plaguelands is not through Hillsbrad but through the Hinterlands (via Arathi Highlands) and Plaguemist Ravine. The alliance should fortify that route and make a push south of Scholomance (building a bridge westward, from where Darrowmere lake forms the river heading south, towards Uther's tomb) and then try for Eastern Andorhal. But only after fortifying their position in Arathi and the Hinterlands.
Edited by Mestre on 2/6/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
From Chillwind Camp, I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Banish them from Hillsbrad. Bloackade the crap out of Thoradin Wall and Arathi Highlands is ours. The Highlands should belong to the Alliance. If we cannot have Lordaeron then we damn well will turn Arathi Highlands into a new Settlement.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/06/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
From Chillwind Camp, I suppose.

Like I mentioned earlier though, where do they get their reinforcements from? They are surrounded.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Banish them from Hillsbrad. Bloackade the crap out of Thoradin Wall and Arathi Highlands is ours. The Highlands should belong to the Alliance. If we cannot have Lordaeron then we damn well will turn Arathi Highlands into a new Settlement.

WE WILL STORM THE HIGHLANDS!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Alliance take Arathi Highlands, rebuild Stormguarde, successfully blockade the wall. Horde fully take Hinterlands, with combined Troll/Forsaken/Elf forces destroying the Wildhammer town and Elf lodge.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/06/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
Horde fully take Hinterlands, with combined Troll/Forsaken/Elf forces destroying the Wildhammer town and Elf lodge

I don't think the Revantusk tride is stronger than the Wildhammer Dwarves. And they also have help from dreanei and the high elves in the region and I think that the Ironforge dwarves would help tham a little bit and so would the humans that are in the now alliance only Arathi Highlands
Edited by Mythelm on 2/6/2013 8:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Mythelm
Horde fully take Hinterlands, with combined Troll/Forsaken/Elf forces destroying the Wildhammer town and Elf lodge

I don't think the Revantusk tride is stronger than the Wildhammer Dwarves. And they also have help from dreanei and the high elves in the region and I think that the Ironforge dwarves would help tham a little bit and so would the humans that are in the now alliance only Arathi Highlands

Yeah. If Stromgarde was retaken they have a clear path through that Dwarven tunnel leading straight into the Hinterlands. If the Wildhammer's came under attack Stormwind could dock reinforcments in Strom's port and Ironforge could march over the Thandol Span.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Mythelm

I was trying to find a place to put 5 Horde levels if Alliance took all of Arathi as most of these "Stormguarde" threads suggest.

Since this thread suggested Alliance get everything East of the wall, I was saying Horde should get everything West of it, in this case Hinterlands.

If you are going to ignore game balance though, why don't we just say "Alliance get every zone everywhere because they are the good guys!"
Edited by Threeslotbag on 2/6/2013 8:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 08:28 PMPosted by Threeslotbag

I was trying to find a place to put 5 Horde levels if Alliance took all of Arathi as most of these "Stormguarde" threads suggest.

Since this thread suggested Alliance get everything East of the wall, I was saying Horde should get everything West of it, in this case Hinterlands.

If you are going to ignore game balance though, why don't we just say "Alliance get every zone everywhere because they are the good guys!"

Well going by that logic if we are going to take Strom is just a trade off and let the horde take another zone for themselves. If they need another zone that bad they can revamp the Alterac mountains and add quests there in the mountains.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/06/2013 08:27 PMPosted by Gollard
Yeah. If Stromgarde was retaken they have a clear path through that Dwarven tunnel leading straight into the Hinterlands. If the Wildhammer's came under attack Stormwind could dock reinforcments in Strom's port and Ironforge could march over the Thandol Span.

Stormwind, and any humans really, are out due to the Val'kyr.

The Revantusks are a pretty strong tribe, not Gurubashi or Amani (before we killed them 600 million times) but still pretty good. The Wildhammers would be in for a tough fight.

Ironforge really could be a big issue, especially if Arathi and Stromgarde were secured.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/06/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Telonis

The Revantusks are a pretty strong tribe, not Gurubashi or Amani (before we killed them 600 million times) but still pretty good. The Wildhammers would be in for a tough fight.

Ironforge really could be a big issue, especially if Arathi and Stromgarde were secured.

Not if we block off Thoradin Wall. In all seriousness Arathi Highlands should go to the Alliance. The Forsaken can't just try and claim all the land for themselves. They got enough to supposedly live in peace.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Telonis

Stormwind might not being really sending reinforcements but they might be sending supplies. Still will Dalaran back in the alliance they could supplies High Elf, Dwarf and Gnomes magi to fight and the Silver Covenant, im sure they'd like to join in and would be willing to. Im sure the Dwarve's could send a good number of troops, it doesn't seem like there are many fielded in places minus a few mortar teams in Krasarang.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Lorthuron

Not if we block off Thoradin Wall. In all seriousness Arathi Highlands should go to the Alliance. The Forsaken can't just try and claim all the land for themselves. They got enough to supposedly live in peace.

I agree with you, plus Sylvanas will probably do all she can to keep her Valkyr alive. With Thoradin's wall we could move in some Dwarven tanks to block the area off or build some kind of block while we move our troops in through the tunnel.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
02/06/2013 03:38 PMPosted by Mestre
I just can't see where they are getting there solders from. Southshore has been decimated, Dalaran is moving around someplace and it seems that the Alterac forces should be surrounded as well.

It's a rather unusual disease that is spreading rapidly of late, I believe it's called the PullingSoldiersOutYourButt disease. It affects mostly lore, so your probably safe from being infected with it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

I agree with you, plus Sylvanas will probably do all she can to keep her Valkyr alive. With Thoradin's wall we could move in some Dwarven tanks to block the area off or build some kind of block while we move our troops in through the tunnel.

The Val'kyr aren't my big concern to be honest. Thye can't keep using them forever. Even then more word will get out and eventually Sylvanas' trump cards will run out.

It's a rather unusual disease that is spreading rapidly of late, I believe it's called the PullingSoldiersOutYourButt disease. It affects mostly lore, so your probably safe from being infected with it.

Nah I don't think that's it. I think it's Thereisnopopulationnumbersowehavenoideawhatthetruthissoitsuptointerpationandiliketotalklikethisitissocool
Edited by Lorthuron on 2/6/2013 8:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
02/06/2013 08:46 PMPosted by Makkizz
I just can't see where they are getting there solders from. Southshore has been decimated, Dalaran is moving around someplace and it seems that the Alterac forces should be surrounded as well.

it isnt a disease, it is a mutation! much like wolverine, dead pool, and sabertooth the armies of azeroth replenish(heal) rapidly. even more rapidly depending on the severity of the loss and point in the time line.

the basic break down is that horde behaves like wolverine, uniform recovery no matter what the loss is. hulk rips you in half and throws you in two different directions? just crawl together and you will be alright in a few hours.

alliance also goes wolverine.

main bad guy of expantion/patch goes by sabertooth rules. minor injuries heal super fast, significant injuries heal fast but not like wolverine, and terminal injuries are actualy terminal unlike wolverine.

everyone else seems to go dead pool rules. mabey you get wolverine power, mabey sabertooth, hey look the fourth wall is shattered, how is it going? later that week the guy is alive again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]