Andorhal, Stormgarde, Alliance

90 Human Death Knight
There is a pass through the northern Hinterlands in Wildhammer Territory (though there is a Horde port between the coast and the Wildhammer Fortress as well as the *entire* Forsaken Front and that massive wall blocking the main path to the Fortress sooooo)

Really I guess Cata quest designers didnt bother to research anything and just figured we would go with it or try to stretch an excuse as to why things are.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I'm waiting for Blizzard to come up with some better ideas on how to actually make it look like our soldiers, supplies are actually getting places, instead of just magically appearing or the like. I really want to know how our troops are getting to the western plaguelands. And if they are just a remnant how about quests showing that (being cutoff, lack of resources, and desperation).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 12:33 PMPosted by Mestre
I'm waiting for Blizzard to come up with some better ideas on how to actually make it look like our soldiers, supplies are actually getting places, instead of just magically appearing or the like. I really want to know how our troops are getting to the western plaguelands. And if they are just a remnant how about quests showing that (being cutoff, lack of resources, and desperation).

It could be possible they may have went through Hillsbrad before it was fully taken over. But now they are probably fighting for survival. Supply wise? The Wildhammer Dwarves are probably dropping in supplies for them to keep them alive at this point. But it really is only a matter of time before they are overrun. They are either going to need to fall back and try to make it to the Hinterlands or make it to Arathi. Their only hope to remain in Chillwind is if they can make Chillwind into a fort and I don't know how they are going to do that unless the Stormpike Dwarves can regroup and send them some troops and supplies to build up some structures and maybe a barracks.
Edited by Gollard on 2/7/2013 12:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
02/06/2013 08:36 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Not if we block off Thoradin Wall. In all seriousness Arathi Highlands should go to the Alliance. The Forsaken can't just try and claim all the land for themselves. They got enough to supposedly live in peace.

No arguement. I was just pointing out some of the issues with invading Northern EK.

02/06/2013 08:38 PMPosted by Gollard
Stormwind might not being really sending reinforcements but they might be sending supplies. Still will Dalaran back in the alliance they could supplies High Elf, Dwarf and Gnomes magi to fight and the Silver Covenant, im sure they'd like to join in and would be willing to. Im sure the Dwarve's could send a good number of troops, it doesn't seem like there are many fielded in places minus a few mortar teams in Krasarang.

That's why Ironforge would be an issue. The only thing really keeping Arathi from being a viable staging point for the Alliance at this point is the Syndicate and various Forest Trolls. Under the OP's scenario, Danath Trollbane fixes that problem. As the OP pointed out securing Arathi should have been the Alliance's first goal so it could be used as a base of operations further north.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Thing is, the Stormpike dwarves have been fighting in Alterac (and are holding still as far as I know) with the Frostwolf clan. I don't see them helping in anyway. Supplies can be dropped in or even teleported in (but we don't see any evidence of that). Troops are another matter entirely, I just don't see how they have not been decimated yet... being RIGHT next to the Forsaken capital.

If I were Sylvanas, I would have crushed them already and then moved back towards Gilneas instead of fighting this two front war. She already has them surrounded there.

I know the alliance is trying to "rebuild" there, but they have to be running low on resources, and unless the Alliance pushes and makes a stab at Hillsbrad, there is just no way that they can keep up that front for long.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I understand your confusion, but Andorhal is half occupied by the Scourge, not the Forsaken. It is hard to distinguish between the two. If the Forsaken do intrude on this situation they would have Highlord Tirion and Darion Morgraine on their doorstep. The Alliance is not trying to control Andorhal. It is mostly under the leadership of the Ebon Blade and local resistance.

Sadly only when things are completed in Pandaria is when some attention will be made to the former Kingdom of Lordaeron and the surrounding areas. I hope Turalyon will return and lead the Southern faction of the Order of the Silver Hand to retake Stormguard. There they can mount an offensive against the incursions of the Forsaken and obliterate their presence with the help of the Ashen Verdict (Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade)
Edited by Marrius on 2/7/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Same reason why there are over a thousand gnomes showing up in Uldum, only to get comically mass executed. Nevermind that they could have used that force to clear gnomer in a weekend. They needed to be there in order to die, so they spawned more overlords.

Exactly came thing here.

WoW's writers subscribe to the "Moonraker" school of writing. aka: "I think this could be cool therefore it happens. I don't care if it doesn't make sense."

I just can't see where they are getting there solders from. Southshore has been decimated, Dalaran is moving around someplace and it seems that the Alterac forces should be surrounded as well.

It's a rather unusual disease that is spreading rapidly of late, I believe it's called the PullingSoldiersOutYourButt disease. It affects mostly lore, so your probably safe from being infected with it.

I'll add that this disease is very uncomfortable.

Now, where's our spacebattle with laser beam infantry launching from the space shuttle? Next expansion, you say?

I understand your confusion, but Andorhal is half occupied by the Scourge, not the Forsaken. It is hard to distinguish between the two. If the Forsaken do intrude on this situation they would have Highlord Tirion and Darion Morgraine on their doorstep.

Sadly only when things are completed in Pandaria is when some attention will be made to the former Kingdom of Lordaeron and the surrounding areas. I hope Turalyon will return and lead the Southern faction of the Order of the Silver Hand to retake Stormguard. There they can mount an offensive against the incursions of the Forsaken and obliterate their presence with the help of the Ashen Verdict (Argent Crusade and the Knights of the Ebon Blade)

Blizz already said they're done with old content and won't be revisiting it.
(the sole exception being when they need to blow up Alliance stuff to motivate us but then claim online we shouldn't be motivated by it anyway)
So, I wouldn't hold my breath.
Edited by Sardana on 2/7/2013 12:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Same reason why there are over a thousand gnomes showing up in Uldum, only to get comically mass executed. Nevermind that they could have used that force to clear gnomer in a weekend. They needed to be there in order to die, so they spawned more overlords.

Exactly came thing here.

WoW's writers subscribe to the "Moonraker" school of writing. aka: "I think this could be cool therefore it happens. I don't care if it doesn't make sense."

You don't know that is why they did it. Everyone always joked about punting gnomes and that quest was somewhat of a joke. Please don't try and spread your cynicalism and whatever your're doing here. Let's be constructive and focus on Stromgarde and not "MOONRAKER WRITING."
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I understand your confusion, but Andorhal is half occupied by the Scourge, not the Forsaken. It is hard to distinguish between the two. If the Forsaken do intrude on this situation they would have Highlord Tirion and Darion Morgraine on their doorstep. The Alliance is not trying to control Andorhal. It is mostly under the leadership of the Ebon Blade and local resistance.

Oh no, I realize part of it is occupied by the scourge, but they seem to be in the middle of the 2 armies (forsaken and alliance). IMO the Alliance should get out of there and let the scourge and forsaken fight anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
02/07/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Sardana
Now, where's our spacebattle with laser beam infantry launching from the space shuttle? Next expansion, you say?

You want that crap? Play Starcraft... ;(
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Anyway trying to get back on topic here, Stromgarde would be very great to see, and nice to see something human other than Stormwind. What kind of culture would they have? I can think of a few. Maybe a scottish type culture being in the Highlands or even a Spartan type feel. But wasn't it also said they were sort of barbaric? Maybe their culture is closer to that of the Vykrul.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You don't know that is why they did it. Everyone always joked about punting gnomes and that quest was somewhat of a joke. Please don't try and spread your cynicalism and whatever your're doing here. Let's be constructive and focus on Stromgarde and not "MOONRAKER WRITING."

Hey, hey! Look who it is! Dashing in to defend Blizzard as always!

Surprise fact: my cynicism is already in this thread. It was in there literally a couple posts in.

You know why?
Because OP asks: "why does this make no sense?"
Where are they getting their reinforcements? Why is this force here, with no clue as to how they got there? Why are they attacking instead of retreating to cover their flanks and lines of supply? Why? Why? Why?

And the answer we all know, in our hearts, is that it makes no sense because Blizz has never tried to make sense of their writing, their lore, or anything in WoW. Not for a long time. I brought up Uldum, as one of the most glaring examples. The supposedly endangered Gnomes want to reclaim Gnomer, but then instead of doing that, they send a thousand of their best and brightest to Uldum, where they die comically. As a joke.

No: I don't know why they did it. But neither do you, yet you never fail to defend them. Just then same, I will never fail to criticize them, when I see something abjectly stupid.

Maybe you're one of the people who watched Moonraker and thought "brilliant writing! I can see this happening!" Sadly, I'm not.

02/07/2013 01:03 PMPosted by Marrius

You want that crap? Play Starcraft... ;(

Mark my words: it's coming.
Edited by Sardana on 2/7/2013 1:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/07/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Gollard
Anyway trying to get back on topic here, Stromgarde would be very great to see, and nice to see something human other than Stormwind. What kind of culture would they have? I can think of a few. Maybe a scottish type culture being in the Highlands or even a Spartan type feel. But wasn't it also said they were sort of barbaric? Maybe their culture is closer to that of the Vykrul.

Stromgarde - or any Alliance alternative to Stormwind - would be wonderful to see.
But Blizzard put a nail in that coffin when it, like all else, got handed to the Forsaken. Then they even throw in a mocking bit of text in Refuge Point about how Danath hasn't come back and probably won't come back. This also fits with the Blizzard narrative of 'nothing but Stormwind' and SW being the only bastion of humanity in the world. Stromgarde, even in just a little way, would detract from that.

I mean, if they shoved the worgen and the Gilneans into a dark little corner to forget about them, why would they bother with Stromgarde? So it gets fed to the Forsaken so they can wash their hands of it.
Edited by Sardana on 2/7/2013 1:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's suspect that there are not more human strongholds besides the Stormwind initiatives. And the only other humans in the game are either neutral (see Tirion, or Dalarn) or transformed (see Worgen). Even the Dwarves have more kingdom differences then the humans do (as do the trolls, orcs [with their clans], elves [high, night, blood], etc...].

After the north was decimated, it remained so, not one person of those civilizations has risen up (except once again the non-humans [see Worgen] of Gilneas) to retake their homeland. Not Alterac (see Dwarves), not Lordaeron, not Durnholde, not Stormgarde, not any other kingdom city or province. Heck we don't even see people heading back to Theramore to try to rebuild there or close to there.

In fact I'm convinced that humans have not made a real stand (or push) to reclaim what was lost since Warcraft 2.
Edited by Mestre on 2/7/2013 1:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
It's suspect that there are not more human strongholds besides the Stormwind initiatives. And the only other humans in the game are either neutral (see Tirion, or Dalarn) or transformed (see Worgen). Even the Dwarves have more kingdom differences then the humans do (as do the trolls, orcs [with their clans], elves [high, night, blood], etc...].

After the north was decimated, it remained so, not one person of those civilizations has risen up (except once again the non-humans [see Worgen] of Gilneas) to retake their homeland. Not Alterac (see Dwarves), not Lordaeron, not Durnholde, not Stormgarde, not any other kingdom city or province. Heck we don't even see people heading back to Theramore to try to rebuild there or close to there.

In fact I'm convinced that humans have not made a real stand (or push) to reclaim what was lost since Warcraft 2.

Kul Tiras is still around but blizzard is trying their best to ignore it. But yeah it really ticks me off that there hasn't even been an attempt to reclaim Stromgarde. Seems they really want to play the "Stormwind is the last human kingdom!" card which not many people like. We got Dalaran back which is technically a human kingdom so hopefully more will follow in its footsteps.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't count Dalaran until it has set up shop somewhere and is flagged as hostile to the horde.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Mestre
I don't count Dalaran until it has set up shop somewhere and is flagged as hostile to the horde.

You make a good point. I want to believe they are back but i have a feeling they will slip back to being neutral. Probably so Stormwind can get more face time as THE LAST HUMAN KINGDOM!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/07/2013 01:43 PMPosted by Mestre

When I checked the map while jumping off it after the purge, it showed Westfall. That'd make as good a place for it as any.

As for why there are no other bastions of Humanity - Same as there are no other Bastions of Orcishness, or Dwarfishness, or Neflishness. Because each race gets one and PRECISELY one culture and major city. All other cultural varients are abominations that are eradicated or absorbed.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
02/07/2013 01:53 PMPosted by Grimauna

When I checked the map while jumping off it after the purge, it showed Westfall. That'd make as good a place for it as any.

As for why there are no other bastions of Humanity - Same as there are no other Bastions of Orcishness, or Dwarfishness, or Neflishness. Because each race gets one and PRECISELY one culture and major city. All other cultural varients are abominations that are eradicated or absorbed.

And that's part of the problem. In WC2 you had multiple nations/clans which a lot of people had their favorites such as Stromgarde, Lordaeron Kul Tiras etc. But now it makes no sense why we are ignoring them and just have Stormwind which is full of refugees from nearly every human kingdom.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/07/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Gollard
And that's part of the problem. In WC2 you had multiple nations/clans which a lot of people had their favorites such as Stromgarde, Lordaeron Kul Tiras etc. But now it makes no sense why we are ignoring them and just have Stormwind which is full of refugees from nearly every human kingdom.

Because different cultures are hard. Homogenization and racial hats are easy. And there are 11 playable races and 40 odd nonplayable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]