Paladins aren't fun anymore, tell my why...

90 Draenei Paladin
I'm not really BORED with Paladin, but I do feel more like a warrior with a mana bar these days than ever before.

Paladin blessings used to be these awesome, unique things that players loved to have tossed on them as you ran by in a zone or in a party. Kings was totally cool and unique. Now they're just homogenized and every class provides them practically.

I always liked being able to toss a few emergency heals if needed during bosses and always liked being able to help with dispelling if I could, even though I was the tank. I also miss Divine Intervention.

Paladins used to be a defensive hybrid that specialized in helping others succeed, and due to the changes of my class over the years, I feel a lot less helpful to others. They might still be good heals, tanks, and DPS, but I feel they've lost a lot of personal class flavor.
Reply Quote
73 Tauren Paladin
You find your pally booring huh?
I guess Im weird, I have 2 Pallys lol... this young lvl 70 and a main ive had for years, still enjoying the class... guess its a personal preference.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the holy power crap sucks, but pallys still fun... not having auras sucks, but pallys are still fun...

Prot is amazingly fun. So is holy. Can't speak fo ret since I rarely play it.

I'm going to address a couple things here:

1. Auras - They already sucked and did pretty much nothing. Devotion Aura that we have now as a raid cooldown seems MUCH more powerful and fun. It actually DOES SOMETHING. 2% more damage reduction from armour, or a 150 hit on a melee swing, did crap.

2. Holy Power - makes the rotation much more dynamic. I love it for prot, and holy.

Have to disagree with you there on your first point there, id rather have the Wrath Devotion aura than what we have now if you spent three talent points you had a aura up all the time that gave you 50% armor bonus and a 6% healing bonus to all members of the raid, now what we get on a 3min cool down is 20% magic damage reduction for 6sec.
Same thing for the others ret aura etc, but thats my opinion you have yours, and i can see it it does keep us on are toes more were not as overpowered with them but i do miss the constant raid wide function it gave back then as i stated above felt it gave us something unique to bring to the table.
Edited by Tarlon on 2/9/2013 6:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I am a under geared healer and I am enjoying the grind of gearing my char. It's been a lot of fun and I can keep even the crappiest tanks up in heroics
Reply Quote
7 Dwarf Hunter
Im leveling my paly through the MoP zones now. One thing that I find unfun is you have periods in the rotation where your just waiting for something to come off CD. I know it will get better with more haste but leveling it gets kinda irritating.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh Im sorry, Im a bad ret because I have a different opinion. Excuse me Sir Awesome, tell me what the correct opinion is.

You don't see any level of hypocrisy in saying that right after saying that "pre-Cata no one playing paladin wanted a major redesign"? Plenty of paladins did want a redesign, or were thankful when it happened.

It's purely anecdotal, but the paladins who do seem to want to go back to a Wrath-esque Pally seem to overwhelming talk about Ret. And they tend to want to make things easier.

I'm a healer and I liked all the different "class-reworks" we've gone through. I also never really wanted my class changed Pre-cata. But I accepted it and adopted this new holy power, but whatever. I was fine before, fine now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm not really BORED with Paladin, but I do feel more like a warrior with a mana bar these days than ever before.

Paladin blessings used to be these awesome, unique things that players loved to have tossed on them as you ran by in a zone or in a party. Kings was totally cool and unique. Now they're just homogenized and every class provides them practically.

I always liked being able to toss a few emergency heals if needed during bosses and always liked being able to help with dispelling if I could, even though I was the tank. I also miss Divine Intervention.

Paladins used to be a defensive hybrid that specialized in helping others succeed, and due to the changes of my class over the years, I feel a lot less helpful to others. They might still be good heals, tanks, and DPS, but I feel they've lost a lot of personal class flavor.

This is a very good point.

Paladins used to bring a lot of unique utilities and buffs to a group or raid. I remember having to buff each player individually back in the day, too. What was it called? Lesser Blessing of Kings?

Divine Intervention was an amazing ability. Pretty much saved you a repair bill and saved your raid a walk back, given the person you saved could resurrect.

I don't know why they took it out of the game. Rogues and Druids have stealth, Hunters have Feign Death, Warlocks have Soul Stones. Other classes still have ways to avoid walk baks and dying, why take it away from Paladins?

I still have a blast with my Paladin, but the class definitely feels less and less unique as the expansions go on.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I got a pally thats stuck at 78, he is just too strong, never seen a challenge once. OP classes are just boring and as far as leveling goes (not end game pvp or pve) pally's are laughably strong. Roll a rogue now thats fun, I hear druids and shammy's will give you a nice challenge as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's really ok not to enjoy a class. That's the whole purpose of having others to play around with till you find the one you like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I recently hit 90, and I enjoy my paladin even more than I did at 89 because of holy prism. It isn't the recommended skill for either prot or ret raiding, but it is fun for questing (adds a bit of damage and a heal). Also, I like the current haste usage for protection because it makes everything feel more dynamic.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
If you're leveling up as ret you're gonna have a bad time
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
02/11/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Yzzami
If you're leveling up as ret you're gonna have a bad time

Only if you suck at Ret and/or non-passive defensive play. I've only ever leveled as Ret and, save in BC when I started and again in Cata when they intentionally brought back the element of challenge to the game, I've never had issues with leveling as Ret; with Selfless Healer and Seal of Insight you're practically unkillable and mobs simply melt before your might.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
02/06/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Cayse
Because leveling isn't fun.

Its true leveling is by far the most boring part in the game. Once you are 90 theres a lot more options of things to do.

I find Holy Paladin to be VERY fun! Much more fun than my fire mage anyways. I could see Ret Pally getting boring fast but I'm going to have to learn this when my holy paladin reaches 90 so I can do dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well prot pallies did lose one ability that we needed most an that was our AoE taunt, we have AoE spells but nothing to taunt a mass group off 1 friendly if we are in a dungeon or raid, whats the points of having AoE spells if we have even have a AoE taunt spell, plus we lost one of our best talents ever that i used a lot in both cata an wrath, an that was divinity it was good for all specs because each spec used some healing spells, i used them a lot more then anything for trying to stay alive on big pulls that i either did while soloing or in dungeons, i even had some very good reasons to use it cuz i would sometimes be left alone standing in fights aganist bosses in raids an 5 mans
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/11/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Velmorna
I recently hit 90, and I enjoy my paladin even more than I did at 89 because of holy prism. It isn't the recommended skill for either prot or ret raiding, but it is fun for questing (adds a bit of damage and a heal). Also, I like the current haste usage for protection because it makes everything feel more dynamic.

I use the ability of lights hammer an it damages all enemies in side of it plus heals anyone inside of it, so its kinda good there, i tried the other one but i didn't like it cuz it was only a single target spell an i like stuff that can do AoE damage plus healing for if i pulled to many ppl on me.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
02/12/2013 11:05 AMPosted by Pallysrule
Well prot pallies did lose one ability that we needed most an that was our AoE taunt, we have AoE spells but nothing to taunt a mass group off 1 friendly if we are in a dungeon or raid, whats the points of having AoE spells if we have even have a AoE taunt spell

Druids and Warriors lost their AoE taunts too.

It wasn't something that affected only pallies, it was a conscious decision to change how tanking worked in general.
Reply Quote
35 Blood Elf Priest
02/11/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Slycoop
I got a pally thats stuck at 78, he is just too strong, never seen a challenge once. OP classes are just boring and as far as leveling goes (not end game pvp or pve) pally's are laughably strong. Roll a rogue now thats fun, I hear druids and shammy's will give you a nice challenge as well.

At that level, everything is easy to level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
02/11/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Slycoop
were op until 80 xD then we start declining and we decline FAST until 89 and were more geared then were decent...then we hit 90 and we don't do !@#$ for damage. As of right now our heals suck...it's all just meh at 90 :/ but were fun as hell to play with our random massive(comparative to our normal damage) crits in cooldowns xD 190k random crit from holy prism. Was epic
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
yeah I agree peels and survivability is lacking, sustained damage is great, but burst needs a tune up, i mean you get a competitive burst every 3-5min and we can get cc'd up the !@#
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]