Heirlooms

90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/08/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Stealthyfail
My own, personal favorite, suggestion was to tweak the Item Restoration service, but instead of showing only qualified discarded or vendored items, BOA's could be selected on a character and then moved via deletion on the origin server and creation (in the mailbox as Blizz seems hung up on that) on the new server. I've had a GM do this for me in the past, and the interface is already in place, ready to be slightly modified and I'm more than happy sacrificing enchantments to move the items over, at least until Blizz gets their perfect solution up and running that leaves the items perfectly intact.

Also a good idea. Blizzard already has the programming in place to "create" an item for you and place it in your mailbox. Adding BoAs to this service wouldn't be that big of a change. They would have to add in coding to delete the item from your previous characters inventory, but its not like its impossible to do that.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/07/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Stealthyfail
So why hasn't this happened yet?

It hasn't happened because what you describe as a bug, is not a bug. BOA items can be moved with any toon you like to any server you like.

The only thing that is missing is a cross-server delivery system, which does not exist at this time.

Blizzard has said many times that they would like to implement a cross server delivery system, but the BOA items work as designed, so no, it it not a priority and no one should be under the impresssion that it ever was a priority.

Blizz has said its something they would like to do, but thats all.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Graybow
So why hasn't this happened yet?

It hasn't happened because what you describe as a bug, is not a bug. BOA items can be moved with any toon you like to any server you like.

The only thing that is missing is a cross-server delivery system, which does not exist at this time.

Blizzard has said many times that they would like to implement a cross server delivery system, but the BOA items work as designed, so no, it it not a priority and no one should be under the impresssion that it ever was a priority.

Blizz has said its something they would like to do, but thats all.

I'm sorry, but I never called it a bug, a broken system isn't always a bug, in this case it's due to a lack of infrastructure. Even if this wasn't a high priority, it should have been done within four years, and if Blizzard truly believed that they were 'working as intended' then guess what? They wouldn't be working on a delivery system at all.

I'm still of the belief that it hasn't been a priority because it's much more profitable, whether Blizzard is willing to admit it or not is a different story. The original system was broken, and it may have been originally intended to be corrected, but because they are making a good amount of money off of it they've refused to take the path of least resistance and implement a working system ASAP, instead favoring the bottom line, which helps them as a business, but hurts them from a public relations stand point.
Reply Quote
10 Human Paladin
BOA should be that, bind on account. When I cancel my account does 1 character on a realm get cancelled? No it's account wide. When I re activate my account it re activates the entire account.

These word plays are nothing but blizz to justify their cash grabs.

Obvious cash grab is an obvious cash grab.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
02/08/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Stomperz
The term BOA is accurate, no matter what someone's agenda is.

It is not accurate if you can not transfer your items anywhere within that account. An autistic grade schooler could've easily put this in a much more eloquent manner than myself.

Arguing that BOA is an accurate acronym, while not being able to trade them on the actual account is the very definition...of @#$@%@$@%@^@#$@$!@#!#!#%^^^^#@#$@#$%@#$@@#$@#$@#and @#$%@#$@! because it doesn't take a #@$@%@#@$@# @@@!!!!!!!!! to understand logic, #@$!!!@$%...@

I think, perhaps, the "it's not really BOA" crew needs to up their game a bit here.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Snowfox

It is not accurate if you can not transfer your items anywhere within that account. An autistic grade schooler could've easily put this in a much more eloquent manner than myself.

Arguing that BOA is an accurate acronym, while not being able to trade them on the actual account is the very definition...of @#$@%@$@%@^@#$@$!@#!#!#%^^^^#@#$@#$%@#$@@#$@#$@#and @#$%@#$@! because it doesn't take a #@$@%@#@$@# @@@!!!!!!!!! to understand logic, #@$!!!@$%...@

I think, perhaps, the "it's not really BOA" crew needs to up their game a bit here.

I think that perhaps MVP's should be providing useful commentary and go back to being helpful as opposed to throwing out comments that are more likely to insult than to spur conversation.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

I think that perhaps MVP's should be providing useful commentary and go back to being helpful as opposed to throwing out comments that are more likely to insult than to spur conversation.

I don't think a little shaming works against that.

When people are posting things like I quoted, then it should be called out - so that the overall discussion level can be raised.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

When people are posting things like I quoted, then it should be called out - so that the overall discussion level can be raised.

First thing that comes to mind when elevating a discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

As for semantics, we can further that discussion after lunch.
Reply Quote

You presume to know, but you don't, and arguing semantics when Blizzard has at least claimed that they are working towards adding a system to do what I am talking about shows that your interpretations are false.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
02/08/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Stealthyfail
You presume to know, but you don't, and arguing semantics when Blizzard has at least claimed that they are working towards adding a system to do what I am talking about shows that your interpretations are false.

I think, until the "It's not really BoA!" people can dissociate wanting cross-realm boa's from the naming thing - I don't really put any stock into their arguments. They aren't arguing from logic, they are arguing from wanting it cross-realm.

Honestly, I don't really care if people think it shouldn't be called BoA. People can call trucks "oranges" for all I care too.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Snowfox

I think, until the "It's not really BoA!" people can dissociate wanting cross-realm boa's from the naming thing - I don't really put any stock into their arguments. They aren't arguing from logic, they are arguing from wanting it cross-realm.

Honestly, I don't really care if people think it shouldn't be called BoA. People can call trucks "oranges" for all I care too.

Really? Because I think that until Blizz comes out and says: "lol, we were just stringing you guys along, and we never intended to make it easier to transfer BOA's from one server to another and not charge you $25 and force you to move a character to a server that you may or may not want them on in order to do so, we just wanted you to shut up for a few years", You really have no argument.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Really? Because I think that until Blizz comes out and says: "lol, we were just stringing you guys along, and we never intended to make it easier to transfer BOA's from one server to another and not charge you $25 and force you to move a character to a server that you may or may not want them on in order to do so, we just wanted you to shut up for a few years", You really have no argument.

What are you arguing here?

That we should have cross-realm wardrobes? Sure, it would be nice.

If you are still pushing the "It's not really BOA!" thing though, I don't really care.
Reply Quote

If you are still pushing the "It's not really BOA!" thing though, I don't really care.

What's with calling BOA's "wardrobes". They are for your account, not character, not server. However, they function solely on the server level as of right now and in some ways are more restrictive than greys and whites, and in others they are more flexible. But Blizzard's generic definition of "It moves servers, therefor it's working" also applies to anything that my character has at the time that I initiate a transfer.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rats %#^ what you think, I have a lot of the community on my side and Blizz has been promising this for far too long, it needs to happen already. The simple fact that they are promising is shows that you are completely wrong though, because if they didn't agree that it SHOULD be different, they wouldn't bother with it. Yet, you act like some crazed fanboy/girl who is wrapped around Blizz's little finger believing that they are infallible.

Quite frankly, you have nothing new or constructive to say and I'm tired you posting in my thread. How you managed to earn MVP status when you say

02/08/2013 09:28 AMPosted by Snowfox
I think, perhaps, my biggest flaw is NOT avoiding those loaded question threads.

Right after coming in here with your fingers in your ear insulting anyone that doesn't think the same way you do.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Have a good night!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Eranos

Eranos

Stormreaver

Eranos

90 Blood Elf Paladin

omg PINK

02/07/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Snowfoxbut the name BoA is accurateI disagree, and judging by the constant rehashing so do many others. More laziness by Blizzard. By laziness I mean make something truly account bound by making a page similar to your Pet and Mount pages, but filled with your unlocked arms and armor that you can put on your character. That would be account bound.

02/07/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Eranos
I disagree, and judging by the constant rehashing so do many others. More laziness by Blizzard. By laziness I mean make something truly account bound by making a page similar to your Pet and Mount pages, but filled with your unlocked arms and armor that you can put on your character. That would be account bound

I said it before I will say it again we have bags we have our banks and we have guild banks and we have void banks why cant we have an account wide bank as well that would allow us to put stuff in and be able to access from all realms and all tons on you battle.net account
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight

I admitted it that. But that doesn't change the fact that a broken feature has been a known issue for four years and we're apparently no closer to a fix than we were at the end of WotLK.

Cross-faction. Cross-account on battle net. Similar changes added for pets, mounts, and achievements, and cross-realm zones.

No closer is pretty negative -- another way to look at it is to argue they're making progress towards the goal, progress that's applicable elsewhere, and not sitting on it until it's all ready at once.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
02/08/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Stealthyfail

Then why implement cross-faction or cross-account options? If they were as greedy as you say, why spend man-hours to cut off two potential income sources?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I said it before I will say it again we have bags we have our banks and we have guild banks and we have void banks why cant we have an account wide bank as well that would allow us to put stuff in and be able to access from all realms and all tons on you battle.net account

2 hours ago

That has been said by players for years now but because its a player base idea ....so called Ghostcrawler and his dev's don't like the idea we the player base came up with it first.....same thing I suggested early on in this thread...every major city has a special heirloom bank that any toon on any realm can go too and get a copy of said original heirloom item and use it....that way if you want to run two cloth class on another realm you have heirlooms there to use for both of them...once you move past level 80 for most of the heirlooms you just throw the item away so that way there is no duplicates of the item in game....much like we use to have to delete our older pvp gear we couldn't DE or sell it back too a NPC for gold.

but again its player base idea and blizzard is very hard headed about using player base ideas....
Edited by Moused on 2/8/2013 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
VEX

I'm confused about what anyone is arguing here. How is something Bound to Account if it isn't available to the whole account? BoA items clearly aren't available at the account level. Its an irritating misrepresentation and it isn't unreasonable to expect to have access to the items across the account. But you're saying "Bind to Account" isn't inaccurate, despite the fact that they aren't available to the whole account. Are you just being contrary for the sake of it?

That said, I understand the technical limitations. You can trade items cross-realm, as you mentioned earlier in the example of newly rolled on items. You can't trade other items, but that is a permissions level issue, i.e., you CAN trade them, you aren't allowed to. The cross realm communication protocol exists, but is disabled. It is my understanding that the issue with BoA items is that they are transferred via the mail system, and the mail system has no cross realm communication protocol. Since BoA items are traded via mail, there is a problem.

Some people feel that problem should be addressed as a higher priority than it is. That isn't unreasonable, even if you don't agree with them.
Reply Quote

I'm confused about what anyone is arguing here. How is something Bound to Account if it isn't available to the whole account? BoA items clearly aren't available at the account level. Its an irritating misrepresentation and it isn't unreasonable to expect to have access to the items across the account. But you're saying "Bind to Account" isn't inaccurate, despite the fact that they aren't available to the whole account. Are you just being contrary for the sake of it?

That said, I understand the technical limitations. You can trade items cross-realm, as you mentioned earlier in the example of newly rolled on items. You can't trade other items, but that is a permissions level issue, i.e., you CAN trade them, you aren't allowed to. The cross realm communication protocol exists, but is disabled. It is my understanding that the issue with BoA items is that they are transferred via the mail system, and the mail system has no cross realm communication protocol. Since BoA items are traded via mail, there is a problem.

Some people feel that problem should be addressed as a higher priority than it is. That isn't unreasonable, even if you don't agree with them.

The mailbox system isn't even really necessary, it can be done outside of the game where the items are deleted off of characters from one server and the item is created in a letter on to the character you want them on on a different server.

It may not be GC's ideal option, but it's a damn good one, and in the mean time they can work on their ideal solution that they have put years and years of work into. There's no reason for this project to have taken this long when there is are similar systems that are known to work. We've put up with less than ideal implementations in the past, then rejoiced when a better option was finally presented to us.

I don't doubt that they are 'working on it', but I doubt why they haven't given us something better than a back door solution that costs players almost two months of subscription fees to get done.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]