Whats it look like?

90 Tauren Warrior
What does a Torage look like?

After many hours in Photoshop and many conceptual drawings I have come up with this.

http://paulsj.deviantart.com/art/Torage-Color-WIP-352818119

The armor set is my own design.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
That is neat, you going to add weapons?
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Warlock
O_O

Glad I'm a member of the Horde... although I don't feel like that is comfort enough. Nice grill.

I'm just gonna go stand over there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
In the concept sketch his sword is in the ground next to him so it will get added with the background.

I left it out of this first take because its chained to him... IDK if you have ever had the displeasure of trying to draw chains but yeah, they aren't much fun.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Badass.

Bad. !@#.

edit: oh come on blizzard really
Edited by Tarquin on 2/6/2013 8:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mindless killing -machine-. It works very well so, but the armor really does look mechanical. Can I suggest the under-armer being leather or even bare ski- fur? You've got excellent artistic talent, I won't deny you that. I think his face needs a bit of texture to induce the feeling of fur too. Other than that, I can't wait to see it with a background.

P.S. Is his armor actually cracked or just armor patterns?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Tors armor is supposed to be seamless.

Also as far as mechanical his right arm is fused with a titan artifact (This is how i explain Tor being an engineer, but cant count past three.) so it kind of is mechanical.

Here is a full breakdown of the set.

Off
http://paulsj.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5sd6rv

On
http://paulsj.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5sd1ot

As for the Fur i agree. I was having issues making it with a color burn layer and had to just paint it out, but it came out a bit too fine and looks off.

The armor is cracked in this painting, i wanted it to look worn and to test my skills with playing off of a texture overlay.

P.S.: For you alliance people that haven't interacted with Tor (other than brutal combat!) Tor is not aware that he is even wearing this armor, it has been on him from before he can remember.
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Warlock
Does that mean that Torage thinks he is in the nude? Naughty!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/06/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Torage
The armor is cracked in this painting, i wanted it to look worn and to test my skills with playing off of a texture overlay.

The silver material bordering all his armor a stronger metal resistant to cracking?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Torage Prime, leader of the Auto-Tauren. No wait maybe he looks more like a Decepticon. Or maybe a Gundam.

Awesome work, Tor. *wink*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Torage Prime, leader of the Auto-Tauren. No wait maybe he looks more like a Decepticon. Or maybe a Gundam.

Awesome work, Tor. *wink*

Horde are -awlays- decepticons. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's pretty slick Tor, as always, but can I suggest something? "Tor" would look a little better if he had some tier 5 paladin shoulders, maybe the helm, gloves, chest piece and pants...maybe a Bulwark of Azzinoth with a sword, that would be pretty bad a$$.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/07/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Ocba

Horde don't run away screaming when they're outnumbered, or whine about it... or blue-flag and then stand around spamming /lol /pity /spit and /dance.

Have you even watched the original series?

And no, Garrosh doesn't count in this scenario.

But this has seriously de-railed, so back to the current topic.

I checked out your DA Torage, nice work. I love your sculptures. I had no idea you did that sort of thing, very cool!
Edited by Jinglz on 2/7/2013 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
02/07/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Jinglz

Horde don't run away screaming when they're outnumbered, or whine about it... or blue-flag and then stand around spamming /lol /pity /spit and /dance.

I can vouch that Ocba doesn't blue flag at least. there was that one time in the mine when i was doing DO dailys and had gotten all of the possible merc buffs and had the tower and GY buffs, when i stumbles upon Ocba blue flagged.

I'm pretty sure hes part of that Guild watch thing where they are always supposed to be flagged, so i tapped my foot at him and waited. Sure enough he went into camo and flagged up like the respectable fellow he is. I then preceded to splatter him and the other 6 alliance that happened to be around at the time. although i think two of them just tagged me by mistake.

Also for the armor the plating was originally saronite, being the dried blood of an old god I though of it as sort of a really hard amber that would crack before bending. and the framing was Titan steel and steel tends to bend a bit (yes this armor has been THAT long in the making). I have recently upgraded it to trillium (the thumbnail for the bar looks like a swirly cracked pattern) with a living steel frame. For those of you that did the caravan RP with me and Gahazakul, that's what we where transporting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I wasn't trying to point fingers at Ocba. I was speaking generally about the overall attitude that I seem to see over and over again. I know there are exceptions to the stereotypes on both sides.

But I understand how it could be taken that way. My apologies to you. And Ocba, I hope you didn't think I was attacking you directly. I dun' like being called a Decepticon. Unless you say I'm like Ravage (the design from the movies, not the cartoon haha). I'm fine with that. He's awesome.

... Anyway Tor, did you use a tablet for your art? I can only assume so! If you used a mouse, you're a new kind of God.
Edited by Jinglz on 2/8/2013 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/07/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Jinglz
Have you even watched the original series?

Yes, I watched Beast Wars. :P

02/08/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Jinglz
And Ocba, I hope you didn't think I was attacking you directly.

You're the last Horde I expect to do that without sufficient reason. :)

02/08/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Torage
I'm pretty sure hes part of that Guild watch thing where they are always supposed to be flagged, so i tapped my foot at him and waited. Sure enough he went into camo and flagged up like the respectable fellow he is. I then preceded to splatter him and the other 6 alliance that happened to be around at the time. although i think two of them just tagged me by mistake.

Hahaha, Yeah I had a good laugh at how my PvP gear shredded like paper in the four hit it took you to kill me with. ;P But you're wrong about that flagging thing. That's a personal challenge some of the members choose to under-go; I believe some Horde do the same thing. Its not required, and I can't do it since I have to switch my whole stables when I go from PvE to PvP, you ran into me without my disarming, stunning, and rooting pets. :P
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
02/08/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Ocba
Yes, I watched Beast Wars. :P

Oh no no no no no.

Optimus Primal =/= Optimus Prime

I watched some Beast Wars too. But no. That's not the original series. ^_^

02/08/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Ocba
You're the last Horde I expect to do that without sufficient reason. :)

Thanks, I'm glad that I am perceived in that light!

As far as flagging goes, I have a story for you. I came from a game of 6 years where there was no 'flagged'. You could kill anyone at any time. When you killed someone without them fighting back, your name turned red and you were labeled a 'PKer' - player killer - and everyone would hunt you down, because all the items on your character (that could have taken literally years for you to farm) had a chance to drop when you died. In other words, you become a world boss. And there are no factions. Guildmates can kill guildmates. Top-dog guilds literally ruled the server as vicious dictators, and entire guilds could be sent after you if you made one person mad. So trust me, I got used to watching my back. It's actually nice to have it optional for a change!

Hm. You know, I think I've told that story a hundred times.
*scratches her noggin with her cane*

ANYWAY. That's my story time, children! Who wants popcorn?

(oh oh oh, we need to start voting for what transformer Torage looks like!! And that's not meant to be an insult to you, Tor. We all think your drawing is kick-tail.)
Edited by Jinglz on 2/8/2013 9:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/08/2013 09:33 PMPosted by Jinglz
we need to start voting for what transformer Torage looks like!!

I'm going to vote for the Pocket Rocket Transformer, he's well known all across the universe from the ladies.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I use a WACOM bamboo fun CTE-650.

also I'm thinking of drawing black and white sketches of happenings at RP events. The little show that happened in hell fire pen last week has inspired some sketches that i might post.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
You should very much do that!

It's funny, you use the same tablet as me. :-) Love that one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]