A WoW genie grants a single wish...
Bio-electric interface hooked up permanently to all developers, where they are not permitted to eat, sleep, pee, or do anything enjoyable until they first do 3 hours of dailies per action they wish to experience.
Vile swill or gruel is the only food they are allowed to eat until they grind rep to improve quality of food experienced, each level of improvement adds an extremely minor increase in taste. There are multiple reps to grind of this nature, and each one isn't unlocked until you complete the previous one. Taste of food doesn't truely become tolerable until about the 3rd unlocked rep.
When programmers complain, trolls pop up on the screen telling them that grinding rep is optional, and that they can survive on vile swill and don't need the perks of food that doesn't make them nearly vomit.
Same deal for sleeping, peeing, and enjoyable diversion actions...each has its own rep sets to grind, and amount of sleeping/peeing/etc/... permitted is initially limited to minimum amount to be able to continue to survive, and is gradually increased over the course of multiple months...and again the amount of time permitted on these actions doesn't reach a level of minimum satisfaction until about the 3rd rep that unlocks.
Oh....and while you are at it mr genie, hook up their spouses and kids too...they get the same crappy starting conditions. The programmers themselves still have to do all the grinding themselves on rep for those extra family members, but to give the programmers a break the family member reps get a minor boost to their rate of rep gain once the programmer gets his own version of that same rep to revered.
'cause that would be neat.
Otherwise I'd just wish ranked PvP was removed and never added again. It's never balanced and always abused - also part of why it isn't fun. PvP would be back to BGs and duels, and that'd be swell.
02/07/2013 12:51 PMPosted by AbethanyA WoW genie is going to grant you one wish to make Blizzard add/change something in game. What do you wish for?
There are so many things to pick from I'm having a hard time deciding.
In order of preference:
1) remove CRZ
2) remove restrictions on transmog gear
3) Make it mandatory that whoever suggests that the next DK set is decorated by the decaying corpse of some expansion relevant creature gets kicked in the jimmies once by everyone in the building.
4) Hire someone that knows how to write lore that builds character development, rather than the hackneyed and tropish nonsense we get in game (Grr, I'm a raging sociopath who cares about nothing but hating Horde *bing* Now I'm an articulate and empathic ruling figure who cares about my people and legacy)
5) Subject Knaak to the same treatment as the person in item 3 so he has some glimmering flicker of realisation at what night elf lore has endured at his hand.
6) Have them make the upcoming currency conversions and changes actually make sense.
7) Brainwash Watcher so he stops thinking we need a 20-30 ilvl bump every tier in order to want upgrades.
7a) Teach the person responsible for itemising gear what a stat weight is in the hopes that he'll figure out why you need more than crit rating on plate gear and why spirit is important to priests.
8) Make Blizzard balance output around real world performance instead of simulations driven by perfect play and happenstance/RNG (seriously guys, that should be obvious. You deal with numbers enough to know how probabilities work/don't work)
9) Make them videotape GC getting hit with a pie for every time he denied that there was anything needing to be addressed, and then later backtracked months later by confirming that what we'd been telling him was correct all along and the dev team was wrong in their assessments.
9a) Make sure they bring extra batteries.
Edit: Having the new FoS be ilevel dependent instead of time restricted, so that they function like the algalon FoS, would be uber.
two more, because I'm greedy:
A genuine 5 man dungeon progression path that is on par with raiding, but exclusive to raiding (so that you can't do both..).
More time to play.
02/07/2013 03:35 PMPosted by StardogchampKeep stupid CRZ, but adopt GW2's method of mob killing, where anyone who contributed meaningful damage gets credit and loot,
I would prefer they dramatically increase the amount of servers that are in each CRZ group but also do the whole GW2 mob-tagging system.
WoW quest just aren't multi-player friendly right now... they've been changed over the years specifically to accommodate solo-play.
So LFR happened and I could finally see the insides - with my guildies sometimes or at least on vent to ask the dumb questions. "which dragon do I take? wat do I do nao?? whars the door to this place?"
Then last month-ish, they turned my world 3 hours ahead when they synced time to PST. And I didn't have to move out of Hawaii. Now all the dailies and cooldowns are resetting after I'm supposed to sleep (1am) to avoid absolute zombie-mode at work. This was kind of upsetting until I realized what time the fish contest started - noon! Even with the CRaZy bringing stranger dangers, I still came in 2nd place and got the title that I wanted since achievements first hit in TBC.
So wishes do come true if you're patient enough. I'm a Content.
Not going to use my 3rd wish yet.
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.